Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Grandma's House - Walkthrough + Music Mod[v0.16a/v0.37a/v0.53/v0.58] [KoGa3]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
I am not complaining, really not, just curious, why do you have it so you have to copy your mods to the game folder, and not when you unzip it goes auto into the game folder.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I am not complaining, really not, just curious, why do you have it so you have to copy your mods to the game folder, and not when you unzip it goes auto into the game folder.
There's a "fun" story to that. I had "my" Zip type with directly putting the Mod files into it since starting my modding (and probably had no clue about such things back then). After some time (~year later) I got the same question. And I thought: not a bad idea, lets do that as the other modders do, too. So I also put my Mod files already in a /game folder so you can merge them with the game install - and got massive feedback with installation problems. Seems most using my Mods kinda already had accepted my weird method...
Well, I made a U-turn and after that my Zips had the Mod files again in the base folder.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Hey KoGa3 don't want to annoy you and I know you have a real life and other projects. I always appreciate your work and therfor I just wanted to give you a headsup on the new update as of today (update only patch to v0.23). Waiting patiently for your update of your mod. Thank you for spending your (free) time doing this for us.

EDIT: Fast AF! Thank you very much again!

Last edited:

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
EDIT: My mistake it seems, reinstalled just the mod, and... now it works. Beats me.

Leaving the below info in case someone else hits it.

KoGa3 Getting this error when trying to enter your mod menu from settings screen:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Fresh install of v23, fresh install of your mod. All seems to work until you try to get to the mod menu.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
KoGa3 OK, I did find the place where the bug happens, and it prevents access to some of your settings.

Load game, DON'T load save, then from main screen go to Preferences, then select "Additional Game Settings". One screen loads.

Now load a save, right click to get menu, then try to open your mod from that screen using the "Additional Game Settings" button.

The error then shows as I mentioned above. I can't get to the screen to enable that setting for "skip decisions".

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
KoGa3 OK, I did find the place where the bug happens, and it prevents access to some of your settings.

Load game, DON'T load save, then from main screen go to Preferences, then select "Additional Game Settings". One screen loads.

Now load a save, right click to get menu, then try to open your mod from that screen using the "Additional Game Settings" button.

The error then shows as I mentioned above. I can't get to the screen to enable that setting for "skip decisions".
Hi. Well, that's strange. I tried to reproduce your error, but for me it always worked. I did that with both Mod variants, never got your mentioned issue. Maybe there's something with the saves, but I can't really tell. Here my actual test saves I'm using, they are made at the end of each game episode in part 2 (on save page 1 and 2):

Reactions: TheSidewinder

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
KoGa3 Hmm... I found one more place it's doing it. Load a save, then click the Mod Menu in the quick menu at screen bottom. Happens there, too. I'm baffled, but still digging.

That said, I am using URM, a textbox opacifier, and a tiny mod by Shaddy that shows the file and line number you're on at screen-top. I can't see how those would cause the error, but I'll yank them out and see what happens.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
OK, I tried it, same result. Installed the game, installed your mod into it. No other files or utilities.

Started game, did not load save, and while I can reach *A* mod menu as I described previously, that one doesn't have the extra settings. If I load a game, then use right-click-Settings, or Mod Menu in screen bottom, I get that same damned error. >.<

EDIT: Here's the full traceback from the above. It appears to be slightly different than the first one, though I didn't do a file compare.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Hi. Well, that's strange. I tried to reproduce your error, but for me it always worked. I did that with both Mod variants, never got your mentioned issue. Maybe there's something with the saves, but I can't really tell. Here my actual test saves I'm using, they are made at the end of each game episode in part 2 (on save page 1 and 2):
I can't reproduce the error either. Works perfectly on my end. Only difference is that I don't use the full update, only the cumulative one.

If my saves are needed say so.

Peace :)

Reactions: KoGa3

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Same here. I had no issues if I use the mod screen from the button in the quick menu or the preferences. Both worked fine for me in the game.

Reactions: KoGa3

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
OK, I tried it, same result. Installed the game, installed your mod into it. No other files or utilities.

Started game, did not load save, and while I can reach *A* mod menu as I described previously, that one doesn't have the extra settings. If I load a game, then use right-click-Settings, or Mod Menu in screen bottom, I get that same damned error. >.<

EDIT: Here's the full traceback from the above. It appears to be slightly different than the first one, though I didn't do a file compare.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately still don't know what is causing that. Especially the "name 'KoGa3DialogOptions' is not defined" in your log is weird since I definitely give that variable a default in my Mod. So I still only can assume it's maybe something with your saves not compatible to my Mod. Sorry.

Reactions: TheSidewinder

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
How to install 0.16 and 0.23 on Android at the same time? They overwrite each other
That's unfortunately not possible. You have to play part one to the end, save there, and then install part 2 as an update. Then you can continue there with that save (or use mine if that is not working for some reasones).

If I would have made my port to keep the old game part 1 the save transfer from v0.16 (part 1) to v0.17+ (part 2) would not work.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote