VN - Others - Completed - GRAY [Final] [NOTvil]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Boogie

This is the most unique game I've found on this site. It's the combination of a Side Scrolling Platformer with a Visual Novel.

I don't play platformers but the first few rounds were rather interesting and I suggest that the mechanics are unique enough for a separate game. But since it is not a type of gaming I'm interested in it quickly became tedious. Fortunately, you can press the Escape button as soon as a new round begins, to skip it. Half way through the game there is a completely different type of mini game where you are navigating a ship across the screen. While I can see some merit in the side scrolling mini game, the ship part is just terrible.

The Visual Novel side of the game is quite interesting with decent renders. The MC is trying to figure out what is going on in a mysterious and creepy environment. There are a few situation where the player can choose between different side scenes but otherwise it is a linear story. Fortunately, I found the story to be quite compelling.

I give the VN part of the game a solid 4 Stars, but the addition of the platform part of the game detracts from the overall experience. The developer has displayed some skills here and I look forward seeing what he does next.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Andromort

Very interesting game. The plot develops in excellent temp and it was satisfying to draw parallels between real story and world where MC is locked up. The characters are also nice and their personas also differ in this world. Graphics are quite satisfying so is visual style of characters.

Unfortunately, the gameplay is what drives this game down. Aside from awesome VN, this game is a mix of several mini-games. These mini-games are differ from boring and overextended to infuriating. Also I can't ignore few problems in plot, which are, unfortunately, not only exist, but are quite evident. For example, the twist with cheating in "Revelations" is so pathetic, it literally is difficult for me to imagine weaker plot twist than this.

P.S. Hospital fragment (and eye-less nurses specifically) was the best fragment of the game. The combination of their arousing and creepy look made that place the most memorable thing in a game.