GTX 1050Ti Render Settings

Zairus

May 25, 2017
I'm still a total novice with Daz but I'm learning. I'm absolutely horrible with lighting so I mostly rely on whatever lighting is set up in the environments I'm using or I just load a preset lighting environment. I hope to eventually get to where I know what I'm doing when it comes to that but for now lighting is beyond me.

I have noticed that Daz does NOT like rendering dark scenes. I'm hoping there is some way around that but I haven't found it yet. When I try to do an intentionally dark scene a lot of times I'll have to just give up and change it to a bright scene or I end up with a scene that finished rendering in a matter of minutes but has hardly any detail even though I have my render settings set up so that Daz can take longer than 5 hours if it needs to.
Well, there is few things that i can say about your case, the lighting are the without a doubt a major key to optimize every scene, for example if you use the default light presets with the the enviriment, in the the most cases it's an emisive lighthing, and it the most memory consuming one, it look good though, but if you have a 1050ti and don't have a multicore cpu, i mean atleast 8 cores, well there nothing much you can do, just to cut that option off and use may be a ghost lighting setup or point and spotlights, they use less resources and can speed up your render. The dome light and the sunlight are good too, but it's pretty hard to use it with the environment, but there always an option to remove some parts of it(i mean the enviroment, may be a wall or ceiling and rotate the dome(sun) to the right point). The memory not the only thing that are matters, the more cuda cores your GPU have the faster rendering speed you will get. For example 1050 ti gave only ~700 cuda cores and 1080ti have 3500, and it would be 6.5 time faster. The thing is, when you creating a scene and already finished with it, have camera angle on a shot you wanted to render, when just cut off everything that are not visible, it will help you to save more ram. If you using HD chars and hd-addon presets on genesis 3-8 when the sub'd level usualy around 4, so with each sub'd level you add to the chars or maybe a prop, object does'nt matter, the ammount of polygons rise drasticaly, for example genesis 8 sub-d level 0 have 16000 vertices and sub-d lvl-4 4200000, it's means the geometry consume more memory. Another thing that probably can help you is that camera
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
it's an a section plane camera that cut everything out of the shot, so you can use dome light with the environment, without removing part of it, section plane will do the the work. Hope you will understand everything i wrote, coz my english not that good

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Here's a good example of how much difference a little memory optimization makes for me. This render was with full sized textures, took longer than 5 hours, timed out long before reaching my target convergence percentage, and is quite noticeably grainy.

Chess4.png
This one is the exact same scene except with half size textures. This render only took 30 minutes and looks noticeably better than the one before it that has higher resolution textures. Both of them exceeded my GPU memory so they were CPU rendered.

Chess5.png