VN Ren'Py Guest House [v0.2.0] [Soft Whisper Games]

3.90 star(s) 10 Votes

Sngo

May 9, 2020
I see, so are you also avoiding Badik and HH? Or is it just my game for some reason? I'm trying to figure out how I've done anything different than other major devs besides my game being much shorter since I just launched. Many of my favorite games have less than pure women (not to mention all the dudes standing around in the background, which I purposely avoided so the game would appeal to as many players as possible). In Badik, I remember one or two of the girls are prostitutes being managed by the sorority chick and in HH, you join your LI while she streams. Do those games also lose you with these scenes?

I'm just genuinely curious since this will help me determine whether Hyuna being a wild gal is an issue or not. This doesn't seem to be an uncommon theme and it hasn't stopped those games from being successful.
Yeah nowadays Im avoiding these games too I don't play them anymore for a very long time, played both of them that's for sure but dropped both of them too.
Badik is just a bunch of trash LI, was fun at the start, never liked the protitute plot, then I dropped for the lack of good LI, Maya Josy was a huge stab on the back, I really liked sage but so many crap on her story made me lose interest on her, bella well I dropped the game before any actual action with her or even knowing her backstory . HH dropped too long ago too, that cant even remember majority of it

But nowadays that crap of camsluts, every girl is bissexual is so overused that many already avoid games with that. And bother these game started before that got overused as hell among other factors .

L3z1l3

Aug 19, 2018
Guest House [v0.1.1] [Soft Whisper Games]
Unofficial Compressed Version

Download Size: 90.9 MB
Unpacked Size: 137.0 MB

Pixeldrain
I can't get the animations to play within the game with your compressed version even though they play normally in Windows with MPC or even Windows Media Player.
Do I need an additional codec to be installed or something?

rrr@rrr

May 27, 2021
Nowadays it is very difficult for a beginner to quickly get a high income from his game, there is too much crap and on both sides the only option is to develop his skills. The author of Badik has been making the game for about three years, and ignoring the cries about the harem of incest and other things, he himself determines the path of his game, whoever likes it remains the rest dump

Soft Whisper

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2023
Hopefully this "wholesome story" involves the MC convincing her to change careers, then. But as i said, i'm not asking you to change anything. You should stick to the story as you've planned it.
Yes, that's the gist of the story. The career change is already built into what I was planning, so that's why I feel like people are avoiding her for no reason.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I can't get the animations to play within the game with your compressed version even though they play normally in Windows with MPC or even Windows Media Player.
Do I need an additional codec to be installed or something?
The videos are in webm format which is supposedly very standard. Definitely try to get the videos working if you're releasing a compressed version. Have you altered the code any? Or is the compression somehow breaking the videos?

Reactions: hysepReC

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Is anyone else experiencing this bug? Because I can't seem to replicate it. This sounds like a serious issue if players can't see all the beautiful animations I just created. View attachment 3107757
For me the animations worked fine. I assume therefore it's something on the players system having troubles with that, maybe he/she should change the renderer for the game.

About Hyuna: so far I had no problem with her and the cam stuff she's doing now. It's not my preferred thing though, but it's also not a dealbraker. Only I would preferr if she is starting a more serious relationship with the MC to stop that then. But again, for me not every Li in a game must have had a life like an "angel", I like some variety.

Soft Whisper

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2023
For me the animations worked fine. I assume therefore it's something on the players system having troubles with that, maybe he/she should change the renderer for the game.
That link is no longer active since I deleted the comment. Apparently, the animation issue is only appearing in a compressed version of the game. I believe L3z1l3 is working on a fix though.

Reactions: J.R.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
Saying the market is flooded is a bit untrue in my case. I honestly can't find what I want to play, so I made my own game. Good looking asian girls in a harem seem to be a bit rare... At least when it comes to daz. Feel free to recommend any games that have asian daz models in them. I'd like to play them.
Man i understand why, i love me some asian waifu, but its nothing i actively search for, so i'm sorry but i can't help you with that.

I see, so are you also avoiding Badik and HH?
Badik is a cuck game everyone that says something else is high on copium

I'm playing HH because im emotional invested, but i wouldn't start it if it would come out today. And im sure as hell wont support such devs with my money.

I'm trying to figure out how I've done anything different than other major devs besides my game being much shorter since I just launched.
i mean you answered your own question right there. They are major fish in this small pond. They are at it for years and like i said different times and different standards. I'm way more rigid in what i play today then i was 6-9 month before, you can even see that in how my posts changed on here in that time frame. :ROFLMAO:

we get regularly shit on by some fucking devs that after 2years of dev time (harem game), get some bright ideas, like if an Li fucks a dog its not NTR or "bro, your not even in a relationship yet" if she an Li she shouldn't fuck any other guy on screen or even off screen. Or my personal favourite it's not NTR if its with another woman.
sure that will console you if you come home and your wife gets railed from another chick with a strap-on.
NTR isn't a gendered term.

:ROFLMAO: and I'm the guy that gets shit, all the time, on discord because im fine with it if the women in the Harem have fun with another. But they both need to be with the MC first after that, its fine.

I had to delete 3 or 4 games just last month, now when the winter came and it's dark outside the NTR-enjoyer start to show their heads. or something like that ¯\_(ヅ)_/¯

Times change the major devs hit it big back when the pickings where slim and could ride the wave till now, nowadays they are to big to fail, if they do stupid shit they will have loses but the following is that big that besides some kolossal clusterfucks they can't lose. Some new devs make it, but the most of them don't.

more red flags then the CCP, who knows how many dick she took without remembering it :rolleyes:

Last edited:

L3z1l3

Aug 19, 2018
The videos are in webm format which is supposedly very standard. Definitely try to get the videos working if you're releasing a compressed version. Have you altered the code any? Or is the compression somehow breaking the videos?
The file format in both, your version and the compressed one are webm, but the original ones are using VP9 codec while the compressed version is using HEVC.

I have the HEVC codec installed from MS store but the videos still don't play within the compressed version of the game. :cry:

Soft Whisper

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2023
we get regularly shit on by some fucking devs that after 2years of dev time (harem game), get some bright ideas, like if an Li fucks a dog its not NTR or "bro, your not even in a relationship yet" if she an Li she shouldn't fuck any other guy on screen or even off screen. Or my personal favourite it's not NTR if its with another woman.
sure that will console you if you come home and your wife gets railed from another chick with a strap-on.
NTR isn't a gendered term.

:ROFLMAO: and I'm the guy that gets shit, all the time, on discord because im fine with it if the women in the Harem have fun with another. But they both need to be with the MC first after that, its fine.
If someone tries to put my game in that genre, I'm going to lose my cool. Like, are there two burly korean dudes raw-dogging your girl while you're crying in the Guest House kitchen? NO FREAKING WAY! That's not what this story is about and labeling the game with that 3 letter word is delusional. Hyuna may be a little undesirable to certain players for doing her cam thing, but we don't even know if there's other dudes on the other side of her camera. It could literally be a bunch of women watching her. I can make that cannon if it'll make people cool with Hyuna. There's absolutely no other men in this game and Guest House is arguably safer than a number of other titles out there for the simple fact that other men will never appear in the project. Like seriously, I'm just trying to do what HH did with Maria because I enjoyed that love interest. Guess it was a questionable choice though! I hope people will still play Guest House for the other LI's though. Jisoo and Sujin are fairly innocent.

P.S. It sounds like you're in some pretty toxic discords. You may want to re-evaluate the type of servers your on. I don't tolerate kink shaming on mine. People can enjoy and discuss whichever games they like as far as I'm concerned.

The file format in both, your version and the compressed one are webm, but the original ones are using VP9 codec while the compressed version is using HEVC.

I have the HEVC codec installed from MS store but the videos still don't play within the compressed version of the game. :cry:
Download handbrake and use webm VP9, 1080p at 30fps. You can adjust the quality of the video with a slider. It sounds like HEVC is breaking the videos.

Last edited:
Reactions: sn3p

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
If someone tries to put my game in that genre, I'm going to lose my cool. Like, are there two burly korean beefcake dudes raw-dogging your girl while you're crying in the Guest House kitchen? NO FREAKING WAY! That's not what this story is about and labeling the game with that 3 letter word is delusional. Hyuna may be a little undesirable to certain players for doing her cam thing, but we don't even know if there's other dudes on the other side of her camera. It could literally be a bunch of women watching her. I can make that cannon if it'll make people cool with Hyuna. There's absolutely no other men in this game and Guest House is arguably safer than a number of other titles out there for the simple fact that other men will never appear in the project. Like seriously, I'm just trying to do what Runey did with Maria because I enjoyed that LI in his game. Guess it was a questionable choice though! I hope people will still play it for the other LI's.

P.S. It sounds like you're in some pretty toxic discords. You may want to re-evaluate the type of servers your on. I don't tolerate kink shaming on mine. People can enjoy and discuss whichever games they like as far as I'm concerned.

Download handbrake and use webm VP9, 1080p at 30fps. You can adjust the quality of the video with a slider. It sounds like HEVC is breaking the videos.
I never said it was im just explaining why the environment is like it is. Harem fans get stabbed in the back more often then Julius Caesar. it is what it is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

nah the discords aren't that bad we are ribbing us sometimes but its in good fun, just saying im the Liberal guy on there :ROFLMAO:

Soft Whisper

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2023
Well, if I get around to adding avoidable situations and romance routes, then most players should find my game acceptable. This would be something I'd prefer to do after finishing Guest House's core development though. Hopefully, I won't be bombarded with comments about Hyuna along the way. I can only handle so much criticism lol. For now, I'm hoping people will focus more on the carefully lit and assembled environments, or the characters and their outfits, or the story. I'm doing my best to make the adult scenes cringe free and fappable as well. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
Well, if I get around to adding avoidable situations and romance routes, then most players should my game acceptable. This would be something I'd prefer to do after finishing Guest House's core development though. Hopefully, I won't be bombarded with comments about Hyuna along the way. I can only handle so much criticism lol. For now, I'm hoping people will focus more on the carefully lit and assembled environments, or the characters and their outfits, or the story. I'm doing my best to make the adult scenes cringe free and fappable as well. :ROFLMAO:
well i wish you luck, im off

Reactions: qaywsx

Chris2041

Oct 12, 2017
Well, if I get around to adding avoidable situations and romance routes, then most players should find my game acceptable. This would be something I'd prefer to do after finishing Guest House's core development though. Hopefully, I won't be bombarded with comments about Hyuna along the way. I can only handle so much criticism lol. For now, I'm hoping people will focus more on the carefully lit and assembled environments, or the characters and their outfits, or the story. I'm doing my best to make the adult scenes cringe free and fappable as well. :ROFLMAO:
My take is i dont like the camgirl trope too but im not gonna skip the game for that i rather the game have good story and good scenes .
Saying that i think will be better make hyuna avoidable li is gonna be better for the people that really hate that if making her avoidable is gonna save you headaches i think is gonna be the smarter option but its your game and you are the one that decides but after watching this thread is gonna be better so you dont lose people playing the game
Good luck whit the game im gonna see next updates how this goes

Reactions: Soft Whisper

_Daxx_

Jan 11, 2021
I see, so are you also avoiding Badik and HH? Or is it just my game for some reason? I'm trying to figure out how I've done anything different than other major devs besides my game being much shorter since I just launched. Many of my favorite games have less than pure women (not to mention all the dudes standing around in the background, which I purposely avoided adding in Guest House so the game would appeal to as many players as possible). In Badik, I remember one or two of the girls are prostitutes being managed by the sorority chick and in HH, you join your LI while she streams. Do those games also lose you with these scenes?

I'm just genuinely curious since this will help me determine whether Hyuna being a wild gal is an issue or not. This doesn't seem to be an uncommon theme and it hasn't stopped those games from being successful.

So I want to preface this by saying that I have not played this game yet (I am waiting for a few more releases so there will be more content to playthrough) & have only been reading this thread. I also do not play HH (so can't speak for anything in that game) but I do play BaDik, though I do normally tend to lean more toward harem games since I don't usually have time to do multiple playthroughs for each LI that I'm interested in.

With that out of the way I did notice something about your question that might help you understand why some people will have a bigger issue with this game because of Hyuna than they do with something like BaDik. Due to the kinetic nature of your game all players are forced to have romantic &/or sexual interactions/relationship with Hyuna, who is a camgirl even if they very much don't like characters who do that nomatter how sweet they are as a person. In a game like BaDik the player has the choice to avoid any & all sexual/romantic interactions with the girls that are prostitues/strippers/they don't like. I mean just look at the Quinn character in BaDik for example, she is a drug dealer/user & also a pimp/prostitue & a lot of people hate her because of those things (some also really like her because of/despite those things). The people that dislike her can simply avoid doing anything sexual with her & definately don't have to have a romantic relationship with her & can still enjoy the interations & relationships their MC can have with the characters they do like/are interested in.

I honestly think that is the biggest difference that you have to think about there. While in a nonkinetic game like BaDik the player can avoid a relationship with the strippers/prositutes characters while in a kinetic game like this the player is forced to have a relationship with Hyuna even if they dislike her. Not all players will avoid your game because of this but some will (especially a section of harem fans) & I guess that you just sort of need to accept that fact if you enjoy her character the way she is & want to keep her as such without giving the player the choice to avoid doing anything sexual or romantic with her.

Now as I have said at the beginning, I have no opinion on Hyuna or her situation personally because I have not played the game yet (I do still intend to play it, I'm just waiting for a few more releases before I do), I'm just trying to help answer your question based on what has been said in this thread.

Now whether you decide to make her an optional LI or keep her mandatory, I hope you will not be discouraged from continuing to work on your game & I wish you luck with it. I am looking forward to trying it out myself in a few months. (y)

Edit: For many typos from my cold, numb fingers hitting the wrong keys.

Last edited:

Harem4life

Jul 21, 2023
So I want to preface this by saying that I have not played this game yet (I am waiting for a few more releases so there will be more content to playthrough) & have only been reading this thread. I also do not play HH (so can't speak for anything in that game) but I do play BaDik, though I do normally tend to lean more toward harem games since I don't usually have time to do multiple playthroughs for each LI that I'm interested in.

With that out of the way I did notice something about your question that might help you understand why some people will have a bigger issue with this game because of Hyuna than they do with something like BaDik. Due to the kinetic nature of your game all players are forced to have romantic &/or sexual interactions/relationship with Hyuna, who is a camgirl even if they very much don't like characters who do that nomatter how sweet they are as a person. In a game like BaDik the player has the choice to avoid any & all sexual/romantic interactions with the girls that are prostitues/strippers/they don't like. I mean just look at the Quinn character in BaDik for example, she is a drug dealer/user & also a pimp/prostitue & a lot of people hate her because of those things (some also really like her because of/despite those things). The people that dislike her can simply avoid doing anything sexual with her & definately don't have to have a romantic relationship with her & can still enjoy the interations & relationships their MC can have with the characters they do like/are interested in.

I honestly think that is the biggest difference that you have to think about there. While in a nonkinetic game like BaDik the player can avoid a relationship with the strippers/prositutes characters while in a kinetic game like this the player is forced to have a relationship with Hyuna even if they dislike her. Not all players will avoid your game because of this but some will (especially a section of harem fans) & I guess that you just sort of need to accept that fact if you enjoy her character the way she is & want to keep her as such without giving the player the choice to avoid doing anything sexual or romantic with her.

Now as I have said at the beginning, I have no opinion on Hyuna or her situation personally because I have not played the game yet (I do still intend to play it, I'm just waiting for a few more releases before I do), I'm just trying to help answer your question based on what has been said in this thread.

Now whether you decide to make her an optional LI or keep her mandatory, I hope you will not be discouraged from continuing to work on your game & I wish you luck with it. I am looking forward to trying it out myself in a few months. (y)

Edit: For many typos from my cold, numb fingers hitting the wrong keys.
You forgot to add one important point. None of those whores in BaDik are main LIs. All the whores including Quinn are side chicks.

• Wow
Reactions: Chris2041 and MixQQ

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
This is a harem porn game, all girls should be sluts, if you want to fall in love you don't form a harem, I want them to submit to me, not fall in love with me.

And about Cam Girl, it's not something new here at F95, there are other games that used it and did it very well, usually what is shown is either the MC watching the show, or participating in the show, which is much more interesting, and that's what I want to see, the MC being part of the show, fucking the girl in front of the camera, is a girl that many desires, but she belongs only to him.

It's unbelievable to see moralists preaching on a forum for porn games and comics.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Yeah im firm against NTR But in this game there is none

Sure one girl is a cam girl but she doesnt do shows with other guys just solo stuff

Now if it was real life i wouldnt date a girl that does cam shows even solo stuff

But for a avn if she just keeps doing solo stuff or with the mc then its ok ish

So personally there aint much of a problem there i seen avns with alot worse situations

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I see, so are you also avoiding Badik and HH?
In fact, in my case I left both games. I didn't even start BaDik

In Badik, I remember one or two of the girls are prostitutes being managed by the sorority chick and in HH, you join your LI while she streams. Do those games also lose you with these scenes?
That's one of the reasons why I didn't even start BaDik, although I think there were more. And Maria was one of the main reasons I left HH.

Personally, as long as she only dedicates herself to doing nudes as a camgirl, it wouldn't have a problem, at least on my part.

What makes me not interested in her is the "self destructing with alcohol fueled DJ parties". Which makes me wonder with how many guys she has slept, and how many she remembers. If we add to this the presentation where she basically offers to have sex with the MC for fun, then the impression she has given me is that I don't want to know anything about her.

I guess then I'll wait until you create the route where she can be avoided once you finish the pure harem route.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Beautiful Pose
View attachment 3037490

Absolutely Horrendous text box.
View attachment 3037491

Why? Like I'll just mod it out myself but c'mon man. Opacity sliders and text outline/shadow are your friend.
Other than that, pretty decent renders and animation quality was a surprise(The first 2). I have a bit of "yellow fever" so Asian models are :love: for me. Not sold on the overall theme though. But thats just me.

Good Luck.
Well, if you want to get rid of the quick menu buttons...you could try using the 0x52_URM tool.

Removing surrounding quick menu buttons:
+Install the URM tool into your game folder.
+Run the game exe, load save, then hit "alt m" to bring up the URM search window...
+Now, do a search for the word "Quick" and change "true" to "false" for the "quick_menu" line.
+Also click and change the remember from NO to YES.

(Note: Well, that didn't work out so well....shortly after playing this tile, the f*ing quick menu button go back to default...each time animation frames happen. So I stopped playing this title because how much I dislike the bright white interface that is used. I'll check back another time, to see where the gui is at. )

Well I'm also not a fan of the blinding white text box, and menus...with purple text. (It would have been better if the text box was darker with white text.) But at least removing the quick menu buttons is a small improvement.

URM_quickM.png

screenshot0001.png

Last edited:

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Well, if you want to get rid of the quick menu buttons...you could try using the 0x52_URM tool.

Removing surrounding quick menu buttons:
+Install the URM tool into your game folder.
+Run the game exe, load save, then hit "alt m" to bring up the URM search window...
+Now, do a search for the word "Quick" and change "true" to "false" for the "quick_menu" line.
+Also click and change the remember from NO to YES.

(Note: Well, that didn't work out so well....shortly after playing this tile, the f*ing quick menu button go back to default...each time animation frames happen. So I stopped playing this title because how much I dislike the bright white interface that is used. I'll check back another time, to see where the gui is at. )

Well I'm also not a fan of the blinding white text box, and menus...with purple text. (It would have been better if the text box was darker with white text.) But at least removing the quick menu buttons is a small improvement.

View attachment 3109985

View attachment 3109976
if you scroll a bit you can see that I made my own edit, and the reason why the quick menu keeps popping up is because if you look at the script, its coded to re-enable itself after ever animation. After ever single one there was a call to turn it back on. URM does have a freeze function for variables though so you could probably use that to prevent it from changing. That was a while back and I haven't played this update so I dont know if the dev implemented anything I showed him or if he got help from someone else.

Reactions: MrBenny
3.90 star(s) 10 Votes