SaltySugar

Dec 18, 2020
And then on a pirate forum you read an opinion that your work is pathetic from some nobody who got your game for free
If you only want to read how the dev is the greatest ever and the game is a masterpiece and everybody who doesn't like it is insecure, freeloader and some other cookie cutter insult go to these devs discords, they're pretty much echo chambers because complaining about people pirating games on a forum for pirated games whilst actively participating on that forum is actually ridiculous.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I mean, yeah updates are consistent, but I bet that 1 update doesn't take more than 2 days to complete, yet it takes weeks to release. If he didn't have 20-30k a month from patreon and only had it as hobby during free time, then I would understand it. But full time, it's pathetic.
shame on you.
this hardworking talented dev is doing everything he can, for free, and there are those ungrateful users/players posting such thingso_O
the only thing that is allowed to post is high paise for the dev and the game.
as that other users who has pointed how hard is to make avn..he obviouls yknow what is he talking about (though he isnt related to the dev in any way, no hose):KEK:

this is one of typical cash-grab projects, so dont expect much regarding an actual game and its updates.
if you put things in that perspective, you wont mind those endless 2-minute content updates, KN aspect and everything else that otherwise could bother you;)

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
This game is consistent in what it does, it actually has updates. Most are minor in terms of most people's expectations.

This is why most prefer to wait for a few updates before playing.
Yep steady progress, even if small, is still progress, and many prefer it to the somewhat random "it will update sometime this year, probably" of many games with larger updates.
Regular is, IMO, far preferable to irregular, and both are far superior to no updates at all.

As SonsOLiberty rightly says, this offers you all a choice - you can have the small updates, or you can wait for a few to stack up and play a larger update. That's an extra choice, agency for you, that big updates far between doesn't have and makes for you.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Done in two days .. this is weekend long shenanigans ... couple a days druken euphoria.
You do it while in the thralls of absolute bliss ... your immagination taking hold of you and
the fruits of your unfettered pleasure in sculpting yourself a wonderful bombshell to adore.
That's 12,5 hours to render 150 pictures. Then you have to code everything. You think it's done in two hours?
Think of all the daughter daddies around the world who must remember how they manhandled their
spouses all those years ago .. guess what: the same manhandling is coming to their daughters also.
Only when you are alone with your masterful creation is the time you feel the utmost joy.
Cherish that fleeting moment, as unless you can hype people and write himns for them,
the very first stranger ogling/touching/feeling your masterful godlike creation might tarnish it all.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I'm not complaining about people pirating games. I'm saying if someone pirates a game, they should show some humility. Not sure how you could understand my words any other way.
They were deliberately being obtuse... It's pretty common here when you call out the entitled whiners.

renoz59F

Aug 17, 2018
You've never developed anything in your life, have you? Writing isn't something you do in an afternoon and then posing takes a tremendous amount of time. Then you have to render everything and if you have a reasonably good machine, you render, say one render in five minutes. That's 12,5 hours to render 150 pictures. Then you have to code everything. You think it's done in two hours? And then on a pirate forum you read an opinion that your work is pathetic from some nobody who got your game for free.
I'm not the person you were replying to, but wanted to reply to you anyways. Let me start off by saying that I agree with the core message that you're trying to communicate, it takes a lot of time and effort to make a game. People that get something for free should not be undervaluing something that they are getting for free.

Where I disagree is that the way you worded your statement, it appears that you're assuming everything has to be done sequentially, and no two tasks can be completed at the same time. Let's say we're working smarter and not harder with this, and we're using the dead time while rendering to code out the storyline that we've written up. Now, assume that you don't want to have everything planned out 100% with the story prior to starting renders, perfect, you can use the time while you're coding now to also think of ways that the story will continue.

I like to assume the best intentions of people (honestly it's a fault sometimes), and a something that's sometimes hard to remember is people don't complain if they don't care. The person you were replying to, in my perspective, likes the game and cares about it and wants to see it be the best thing it can be. He sees the dev (currently) making $2,075/month through Patreon, but only putting out 150 pictures every month. Not only *just* 150 renders, but *only* 1400-1800 words, which if you're a slower than average reader (200 wpm) would be from 7 to 9 minutes of reading (discounting any desired delays in progressing to the next scenes).

Let's be generous and say it takes 15 minutes to play a monthly released update. What the person you're replying to is seeing is a person that's getting paid almost $150 per minute of released gameplay. Now, again, I agree, that's $150 of other people's money if you're playing the game for free, but I can see where the frustration can be originating.

On a side note, I'm curious if he doubled the content that was released each month if that would correlate to even a 50% increase in supporters on Patreon. If so, I think he should definitely look into doing that, even if it means outsourcing some of his workload or bringing on a partner. I know I'd be a lot more inclined to support a project if I felt there was better time management while producing what I'm supporting so a better product can be made. Or, hell, I'd even join in to do all the coding if it allowed for more content to be made, and I wouldn't even ask for a proportionate amount of the $ earned. Give me 10% (or $150 if the content length stayed the same) and there's a decent amount of work offloaded if that's a timesink for him.

/tangent

Reactions: Toushiro

yuwxia

Mar 22, 2022
sorry but where do i unlock the hidden images and how? I saw there are lots of image icon on the story map but what does it mean, do i find some hidden images on the scenes during the whole story?

ANTI_NWO

Aug 24, 2022
We understand the fact that it takes a lot of time and effort to make a game, but it's better to wait longer to have a long-lasting scenario, than to finish the upgrade in 10 clicks. Thanks anyway.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
The assumption of the ignorant is that the number of images, or words, or scenes, is a good metric for anything. It isn't.

I have been writing for years, literal decades, and so I can churn out a thousand words on virtually any topic straight off the cuff, in perhaps less than 15 minutes, depending on just how much care I have for the quality of the writing Itself. Not the content of the writing, the depth of meaning, just the flow, sentence structure, grammar, etc.

But I might spend literally a whole hour composing just the right single sentence for a character in a VN to say, or even longer if it is a particularly important line or scene. So, sometimes 10 words can take far, far longer to write than 1,000 do. And that's with more than 40 years of fascination with psychology and characters. 50 years of fascination with literature and stories.

Which brings us to another thing. What one person spends an hour writing is not necessarily even comparable in depth, meaning, or quality, to what another might write in the same time. Skills and talents matter.

What is true of writing is every bit as true with posing, with image composition, with lighting. One person's render is not the same as another's, nor does time determine the quality of either. What is true of images is just as true with creating a plot, or coding, or designing a user interface.

There's a very famous quote attributed to Mark Twain that goes "I apologize for the length of this letter. I didn't have time to write a shorter one". To anyone skilled in writing this quote is a joy of truth. It takes a lot more time and effort to be concise, to write less words but better chosen to concisely carry all of the same meaning.

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
sorry but where do i unlock the hidden images and how? I saw there are lots of image icon on the story map but what does it mean, do i find some hidden images on the scenes during the whole story?
During gameplay, some screen has a little blurry CD disk, click on them.

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
Usually, near or during sex time, because the dev is evil, and knows you will watch the titties. :D

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
like what was said not a bad update ... not a great update either .. but some progress is better than none :unsure:

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
I'm not the person you were replying to, but wanted to reply to you anyways. Let me start off by saying that I agree with the core message that you're trying to communicate, it takes a lot of time and effort to make a game. People that get something for free should not be undervaluing something that they are getting for free.

Where I disagree is that the way you worded your statement, it appears that you're assuming everything has to be done sequentially, and no two tasks can be completed at the same time. Let's say we're working smarter and not harder with this, and we're using the dead time while rendering to code out the storyline that we've written up. Now, assume that you don't want to have everything planned out 100% with the story prior to starting renders, perfect, you can use the time while you're coding now to also think of ways that the story will continue.

I like to assume the best intentions of people (honestly it's a fault sometimes), and a something that's sometimes hard to remember is people don't complain if they don't care. The person you were replying to, in my perspective, likes the game and cares about it and wants to see it be the best thing it can be. He sees the dev (currently) making $2,075/month through Patreon, but only putting out 150 pictures every month. Not only *just* 150 renders, but *only* 1400-1800 words, which if you're a slower than average reader (200 wpm) would be from 7 to 9 minutes of reading (discounting any desired delays in progressing to the next scenes).

Let's be generous and say it takes 15 minutes to play a monthly released update. What the person you're replying to is seeing is a person that's getting paid almost $150 per minute of released gameplay. Now, again, I agree, that's $150 of other people's money if you're playing the game for free, but I can see where the frustration can be originating.

On a side note, I'm curious if he doubled the content that was released each month if that would correlate to even a 50% increase in supporters on Patreon. If so, I think he should definitely look into doing that, even if it means outsourcing some of his workload or bringing on a partner. I know I'd be a lot more inclined to support a project if I felt there was better time management while producing what I'm supporting so a better product can be made. Or, hell, I'd even join in to do all the coding if it allowed for more content to be made, and I wouldn't even ask for a proportionate amount of the $ earned. Give me 10% (or $150 if the content length stayed the same) and there's a decent amount of work offloaded if that's a timesink for him.

/tangent
That's certainly a lot better than Radiant. There are some games that constantly put out content in small doses. Ravenous, Lost at Birth and this one.

3.40 star(s) 115 Votes