EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
p00.png

Overview:
1753. The third year of the Houreki period.
A little before the Tokugawa Shogunate was established around 1603, huge insects began to appear all over Japan.
Different from the yokai and other creatures that lurked the mountains, these monsters posed a serious threat to the livelihoods of the people who lived there.
Hachina walks alone through the mountains of Tanba Province.
A traveling medicine woman who works to stem the neverending flood of insects, she pays a visit to a village...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2024-04-06
Release Date: 2024-01-20
Developer: hakkaku
Censored: No - (Patched, thanks to nekonick123)
Version: 1.9
Language: English, Japanese, Chinese
Store:
Other Games: THE TALE OF UNDERCRUST ~The Last 7 Days of Hasumi~ - Mission Mermaiden ~Hasumi and the Deep Sea Sisters~
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Uploader Notes:

Read Notes on how to change language.

DOWNLOAD
Win x64: - - - -
Win x32: - - - -

Extra:
Cheat Mod* - Item and events guide

*This port/version isn't made nor is endorsed by the dev, download and use at your own risk

p02.jpg p03.jpg p04.jpg p05.jpg 006.png 037.png 017.png 016.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
Anyone know if Hachina ever loses her innermost piece of black clothing, so we can see them titties?
Like outside of H-scenes, being able to run around without anything covering them?

Reactions: Jimmy50pp

theryo2001

Dec 2, 2018
Can a note be added to the first post to let people know about the hint file in the folder that just tells you how to get all the items and bad ends? Or heck just add in the translated text. That way we don't have 10 people asking the same question over and over.

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
Big spoilers
for whenever you want to know where any hidden item, equipment, or defeat scene is and how to get them, click right below:
(as found in the 攻略情報ネタバレ注意.txt file that comes with the game, written by the dev and TL'd by Google.)

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
Can a note be added to the first post to let people know about the hint file in the folder that just tells you how to get all the items and bad ends? Or heck just add in the translated text. That way we don't have 10 people asking the same question over and over.
Good idea, I wasn't even aware of that note in the root folder.
Will come in handy on my second playthrough.
But for now, I'm heading in blind for the first time.

Jan 15, 2018
What does pressing left on settings in the main menu do aside from change her state?

azaa2

Aug 4, 2019
Sad that game is short enough
Mermaiden was short too, so I wasn't expecting a long game in the first place. But it did feel lacking, content wise.
But what saddens me more is that this game feels like Mermaiden 0.9, when I was expecting at least an improvement over Mermaiden.
I can elaborate my problems with the game before someone jumps on me. I should add that I enjoyed the game, I already finished it twice in hard and very hard, for a total playtime of around 5h, it just didn't live to my expectations after really enjoying the demo. In no particular order, without spoilers:
  • Fast travel doesn't add much and certainly contribute to reducing the game length. Mermaiden was level based and hence didn't have the need for fast travel, although you could zoom through the levels too. Here, you'll rarely revisit a level.
  • The game is also really easy, perhaps even easier than Mermaiden. You can just mash most of the bosses or their weak points to death.
  • No hidden secret areas unlike in mermaiden (well, except one but it's not really hidden nor anything big), meaning there isn't much reasons to explore. And the hidden equipments aren't hard to find either, nor required considering how easy the game is.
  • Money is also mostly worthless. You can use it to buy some equipments (half of them? I forgot the exact number) and consumables, but it's a far cry from Mermaiden consumables and equipments which were really good and game changing. I should add that Mermaiden money was scattered through the levels tho, unlike Hachina where you get it by defeating enemies. Meaning that it does give you a reason to fight, if you have equipments left to buy that is. The crafting system also makes the need for the consumables mentionned above almost null (In fact, I only discovered the consumable shop in my very hard run).
  • But the crafting doesn't add much either, outside of story related stuff. I only crafted heals and pills to remove specific status effects, that's all.
  • The bad ends, events, situations and debuffs are also another step down. They are either similar or another step down from Mermaiden. The few really new ones were interesting but it I don't wanna eloborate here to not go into spoiler territory.
I feel like I could go on (the environment variety, the dungeons, etc...) but this is already long enough and I don't want to ruin the mood.
Like I said, it's still a good game, just temper your expectations if you really liked Mermaiden.
And play this one first, then Mermaiden if you haven't played it (and Hasumi 1. It might be a RPG maker game, it has its highs too).

PS: Because I like to tinker games, I also played with my save file after finishing (it's the exact same format that Mermaiden save, down to some variable names). The game got an upgraded crafting mill (which I couldn't find in-game and it doesn't seem to do anything more than the normal one) and more areas which I couldn't find a way to access. Perhaps this is cut content but let's hope it's something for a future update. Some status effect flags are unused too, along with achievement flags, but maybe they are simple leftovers from reusing Mermaiden code.

guitarhero47

Aug 28, 2022
Mermaiden was short too, so I wasn't expecting a long game in the first place. But it did feel lacking, content wise.
But what saddens me more is that this game feels like Mermaiden 0.9, when I was expecting at least an improvement over Mermaiden.
I can elaborate my problems with the game before someone jumps on me. I should add that I enjoyed the game, I already finished it twice in hard and very hard, for a total playtime of around 5h, it just didn't live to my expectations after really enjoying the demo. In no particular order, without spoilers:
  • Fast travel doesn't add much and certainly contribute to reducing the game length. Mermaiden was level based and hence didn't have the need for fast travel, although you could zoom through the levels too. Here, you'll rarely revisit a level.
  • The game is also really easy, perhaps even easier than Mermaiden. You can just mash most of the bosses or their weak points to death.
  • No hidden secret areas unlike in mermaiden (well, except one but it's not really hidden nor anything big), meaning there isn't much reasons to explore. And the hidden equipments aren't hard to find either, nor required considering how easy the game is.
  • Money is also mostly worthless. You can use it to buy some equipments (half of them? I forgot the exact number) and consumables, but it's a far cry from Mermaiden consumables and equipments which were really good and game changing. I should add that Mermaiden money was scattered through the levels tho, unlike Hachina where you get it by defeating enemies. Meaning that it does give you a reason to fight, if you have equipments left to buy that is. The crafting system also makes the need for the consumables mentionned above almost null (In fact, I only discovered the consumable shop in my very hard run).
  • But the crafting doesn't add much either, outside of story related stuff. I only crafted heals and pills to remove specific status effects, that's all.
  • The bad ends, events, situations and debuffs are also another step down. They are either similar or another step down from Mermaiden. The few really new ones were interesting but it I don't wanna eloborate here to not go into spoiler territory.
I feel like I could go on (the environment variety, the dungeons, etc...) but this is already long enough and I don't want to ruin the mood.
Like I said, it's still a good game, just temper your expectations if you really liked Mermaiden.
And play this one first, then Mermaiden if you haven't played it (and Hasumi 1. It might be a RPG maker game, it has its highs too).

PS: Because I like to tinker games, I also played with my save file after finishing (it's the exact same format that Mermaiden save, down to some variable names). The game got an upgraded crafting mill (which I couldn't find in-game and it doesn't seem to do anything more than the normal one) and more areas which I couldn't find a way to access. Perhaps this is cut content but let's hope it's something for a future update. Some status effect flags are unused too, along with achievement flags, but maybe they are simple leftovers from reusing Mermaiden code.
In some moments I can't agree with you, but game is really very good, its one of the best games that i have seen for the last year.
It will be cool, if game will get an update and story will be continued

Reactions: Siby02

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018

I completely agree with you. Feels like the game was just getting started, was ready to see a prologue complete screen or something, then it just ends, lol.

Should at least be twice as long. Even other short games like Lutellia or whatever it was called (the ACT futa game with gatling gun) feel longer and make you think about the progression even without actually having much of a frontloaded story because the environments themselves tell sort of a story.

I do think it was a great game, the h scenes were pretty good though not as diverse or all that deep into corruption as I would have liked either. Spot on about it feeling like Mermaiden .9, if you had told me this came first years before mermaiden I would have believed it 100000%.

I hope it gets DLC or something.

I guess for the heck of it I'll ask if anyone's found anything quite like Mermaiden/this. Night of Revenge might be an obvious example, but one you can leave out, lol.

regalitu

Nov 17, 2019
Pretty much my thoughts too. I wouldn't have any hopes for an update though, I'm fairly sure hakkaku has mentioned on their ci-en that they don't plan on adding anything to the game. They do plan to make a new game, although I'm not sure if it was said what would it be.

Eurekachan26

Feb 2, 2018
The game is not fully translated. You can play the basic game fine tho you-ll find some setences untranslated. But the scenes option and other details outside the main game are still untranslated. Despite the game is short, it is well done, and have a good unique story. They prob made it to enjoy the story and the lewds rather than lose time fighting the bosses. Then again there is a "very hard" option after clear the game once. I know they might no add new content, but they should fix some bugs the game have, like for example the "yes and no" choice when the enemy get you in the mansion stay in the screen even after you get free from such enemies. And of course full translate the game.

Reactions: TheBoshi

Cinders

Jun 11, 2018
Game's crashing quite a bit around the Oni Mountain stage if you get the circle tentacle monster's debuff and the vertical/tall meter appears.

geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020

Mostly agree with this. The bad ending states also did not have an after scene strangely enough. In Mermaiden most did have a "game over" screen.
I would argue that the fighting is arguably improved for normal enemies though the fact that most enemies cannot harm you at all (only played through it on hard though) brings it back down again.
My main gripes as a pervert though are that the debuffs basically do nothing and that most enemy scenes feel a bit undercooked where it's usually only two stages and there isn't much going on.
I do appreciate that they tried to give the final boss an interesting gimmick that ties into the story and that you could actually follow the story along and it was decently told but the losses in the other areas really sting.
If they could combine the storytelling of this game and the more elaborate debuffs and bad ends that could really elevate their next game.
As such this game is more of a sidegrade than an upgrade over Mermaiden, the game trading scenes and debuffs that could at least make the game somewhat harder (a lot more with a certain mod) for a well-told story with an interesting concept that arguably ends a bit too abruptly.

3.70 star(s) 17 Votes