whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
Just an FYI - If you download a game and it's got compression errors or missing images, re-download using a different host.
I downloaded the 12.1 Linux version from NOPY and somehow it was corrupted so it had an extraction error while extracting. I did extract it anyways and ran it but found several missing images with no error message. Then I downloaded from Files.fm and it extracted fine, ran perfect, no missing images. So I don't know if the NOPY download got corrupted during the download or if it got corrupted on the upload.

Slackeee

Jan 8, 2020
Just an FYI - If you download a game and it's got compression errors or missing images, re-download using a different host.
I downloaded the 12.1 Linux version from NOPY and somehow it was corrupted so it had an extraction error while extracting. I did extract it anyways and ran it but found several missing images with no error message. Then I downloaded from Files.fm and it extracted fine, ran perfect, no missing images. So I don't know if the NOPY download got corrupted during the download or if it got corrupted on the upload.
Just got the same error with the Linux archive from Nopy. Tried to extract with the standard Linux unzip and with 7zip. Seems that it got corrupted during the upload. Will try the download from Mega next.

tester1957

Sep 6, 2019
i had the same problem on nopy

Davewatch

Jan 7, 2020
The "money" cheat is not fun because you always get the maximum amount of money. I want to be able to adjust as much as I want.
Well it was NOT really difficult to do without the money cheat in the first place but people are too impatient to play so it was introduced by public demand now they complain about it still :cry:

Slackeee

Jan 8, 2020
Couldn't even get the Linux archive from Mega, after downloading the Mega page reported an encryption error and I do not have enough free download volume on Mega to try it again.

DuckyDock

Jul 13, 2017
I appear stuck. I've only got one mission left, "The thing about Hazel, Part 3"

Game tells me to talk to Alice at the bar. But if I attempt small talk (other option "Talk about..." doesn't get me anywhere), the game tells me to avoid her due to her father... no clues or anything.

What do? This is as of last update - The new update doesn't seem to have helped.

Doe467

Apr 23, 2017
Just got the same error with the Linux archive from Nopy. Tried to extract with the standard Linux unzip and with 7zip. Seems that it got corrupted during the upload. Will try the download from Mega next.
I had the same problem w/ the Mega download

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
I appear stuck. I've only got one mission left, "The thing about Hazel, Part 3"

Game tells me to talk to Alice at the bar. But if I attempt small talk (other option "Talk about..." doesn't get me anywhere), the game tells me to avoid her due to her father... no clues or anything.

What do? This is as of last update - The new update doesn't seem to have helped.
You have to talk to Alice (the maid with the red hair) when she is at the bar with Hazel present. It should give you a "hang out" option.
I think you were trying to talk to the blond guest instead of the maid.

Reactions: Ghostly

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
I had the same problem w/ the Mega download
Couldn't even get the Linux archive from Mega, after downloading the Mega page reported an encryption error and I do not have enough free download volume on Mega to try it again.
I check if the linux build itself is somehow busted and upload a fix.

Here is the compressed linux version:

DuckyDock

Jul 13, 2017
You have to talk to Alice (the maid with the red hair) when she is at the bar with Hazel present. It should give you a "hang out" option.
I think you were trying to talk to the blond guest instead of the maid.
Well now I feel stupid. Can't believe I mixed their names up.

• Haha
Reactions: hachigames

fr34ky

Oct 29, 2017
I like this game a lot, not much of the last update was interesting IMO but in the long term this game will be great.

alyath

May 31, 2020
hachigames I think I found a Bug. Anna (Hazels Mom) is always in the Bar. Not only on weekends. So I can´t check Hazels work.
Attached a Save for you.

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
Yep, #metoo and #dafuq?

First try NOPY
unzip and 7z freaked out while extracting files. But they freaked out for DIFFERENT files!? dafuq!?
Second try MEGA
identical archive
Third try FILE.FM
Oh! Different archive! Extracts perfectly fine. Both with unzip and 7z.

That's not a random "upload error". Definitively not.
Someone or something had manipulated these archives deliberately before upload. Most likely to exploit a bug in a extractor library.
Whatever or whoever was the target of this attack, for me it fizzled away. But I did not try to start it...

my SHA1 for FILE.FM was 9a186a67b7c259ddc30f4fc2c0c63fc6b1352393
my SHA1 for NOPY and MEGA was 6587dcb3fdeaa6ea734dea8d70c280230888f6b5

Someone should check and compare the archives for the other platforms. Seriously!

shit and and dafuq... I was really looking forward to play the update. Haven't even tried it yet....

4.30 star(s) 207 Votes