VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Hail to the King [v0.4 Beta] [Zanzibar]

1. 3.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

Don't get me wrong. The renders and models are nice, but the story is bland. It is the usual same old story. MC is thrust into a powerful position due to the loss of his dad.
    I'm not understanding why there isn't a harem tag, because it seems like all the ladies will be an option.
    The same situation as other VNs. Case in point
    Mom is lonely
    Older sis has sexual tension with MC
    Younger sis is in love with MC
    Overall
    I'm on the fence with this one.
    It's not a bad VN, but it's not standing out against the other types of VN with the same plot. The writing is good. I didn't notice many mistakes. I'll try again with the next update.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

weretiger

I like the plot of this game a lot. The relationships inside the close characters of the MC go slow and natural forward. These characters around the MC look pretty but not too perfect, which makes the game even better in my eyes. The game time is still pretty short, but i am looking forward to see many more updates. So far I give this game 5 of 5 stars.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

_Simon

My English is rusty. To begin with I want to say that for months I was looking for something good and not only sex and the typical stuff. My search for something good ended when I discovered this game and if the guy that made this novel keep doing this good work then he'll have great future. So if you like novels with a good history and not only sex give it a try :).
  4. 4.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Rating of this Game is:

Pros:

- Nice Graphics
    - Easy Game Play
    - No Grinding
    - Easy Playing
    Cons:
    - No Animations

Conclusion:
    I Like the Story so far, no grinding Gameplay, and the story has something like a Mafia flair to it so far....
    The Game has lots of Sex scenes without giving away to much of the story, some of the ladies have huge tits, but there was also something for the small titties fans so I think there is something from both worlds....
    Closeups are great an no dark regions like many other games, also lots of sex positions in the game to check out.....

Last Words:
    Worth the Download, Keep it up.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

RandyPhoenix

Good Points
    +Girls/Women looks hot.
    +Render quality looks good. Could be better but still good.
    +Story seems interesting enough. Not original but interesting at least.

Bad Points
    -Sex scenes is only pictured. We dont has any animation for sex scenes at all. So i dont reccomend as a ''Adult Game'' tag. You can play as a Classic VN game but its not for fap if you are not into fap pictures i gues? :D
    -Girls/Women looks realy hot but they wasting their potencial. Sex scenes are not animated, just some pictures so thats not feel that much good. If they was animated it will be amazing. Cuz god damn... They are realy hot and thats realy big shame... He should add at least 15 pictured soft and well maked animations with good physics.
    -Render quality need to be better than this. And he need add more pictures for sex scenes maybe? Cuz without animations at least DEV need focus on them and make them more better. Basicly lack of image.

For The End
    So for the end... This is not bad game. Its good for picture fappers actualy :D But if we look generaly with comparasion with other games this is not good more than average. With animations it could be realy good game. I hope dev will consider adding animations and make old scenes animated aswell. That foursome scene was realy good but its waste of potencial without animations. I wish you luck bro.
  6. S
    2.00 star(s)

Schnaggel

renders are o.k. but the second chapter is like random story. I don't like it. It's nice that we don't habe to grinding in this game. I really don't like grinding.
    For the further storyline i wish more content to the main quest and not boring side character, because the main characters look interesting.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

amBest

It is very important that I mention: This is a "going on trust" kind of thing. That is to say, the initial version of the game has virtually no content to speak of, except as an art demo. I wouldn't even go so far as to call it a tech demo.

With that out of the way, what is presented is quite nice. The models are extraordinary, the backgrounds are quite decent, the story is intriguing and the writing is decent, though not great. Not cringe-worth, so that's a huge plus in my book,

Won't lie, kinda feel like this will get abandoned, but I can honestly say I hope it matures and becomes a fantastic game, it has the potential.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Maduck187

Lots of initial potential with this one, renders are beautiful and the plot line is interesting. Looking forward to a lot more updates in the future and hope the devs stay healthy and motivated, especially during this current Coronavirus outbreak.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Argeddon

Well made cgs. The models are appealing to the eye, and thus good to look at. The developer has even gone his way to avoid using the default renpy layouts (that default plain black bar for texts and the incredibly mundane default main menu), which I always appreciate. The protagonist background of them being broke and having to do various side jobs as they gradually raise other peoples' perception of them is rather cliche, so I am grateful that this plot is different (being the the protagonist appears to be competent and well-off already). I also expect (though am not certain) some form of management, considering the protagonist is the CEO of a company, this may be in the from of a few decisions or an activity.

Ultimately, based on what I've played (v0.1), I'll be keeping my eye on this one!
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Hyped

Art: 5/10
    Painful daz art again, but it's done with some effort and love this time.

Story: 1/10
    Silly plot should have had interesting erotic content, instead we get a snooze fest. Boring.

Overall: 3/10
    Forgettable, short and more of a kinetic slideshow than a vn.

Points to the dev for trying, but this is just another poor reskin of what we've played before.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

SexiestManAlive

I just finished v.01 and found it disappointing. So far the plot, dialogue, and just every character in MC family are so boring. From reading the overview I thought I was going to see the start of some drama courtly intrigue, like you would see in many medieval shows and movies but in modern times. But nope, all I saw was just the beginning of another boring, dull incest story with some cliche butt massage.

I'm giving 2 stars only for the good grammar and decent renders, and it's the first version so this can obviously still pick up. But if the characters and plot are still boring in the next version then I'll be dropping this VN.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Janjy

That's a really good start.
    The writing is really good and the plot is very interesting.
    I would absolutely like to know how things will go on.
    Hope to find some management stuff later, since you're the boss.