4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

Bulbanych

Oct 13, 2020
Oh my, marked as Abandoned? Do we have confirmation of that somewhere?
I'm pretty sure there's a rule on this site that when a game doesn't get an update after a certain amount of time (don't remember how long specifically), then it gets the "abandoned" tag automatically, no matter if the game is actually still being worked on. This happened with Phantom Thief Sylphy for example (it was completed by the dev, but no one posted the full version for a very long time and the game automatically got marked as "abandoned").
It's nothing serious, but the fact that this happened is a good indicator of how slow the dev is.

xana94

Nov 13, 2021
I'm pretty sure there's a rule on this site that when a game doesn't get an update after a certain amount of time (don't remember how long specifically), then it gets the "abandoned" tag automatically, no matter if the game is actually still being worked on. This happened with Phantom Thief Sylphy for example (it was completed by the dev, but no one posted the full version for a very long time and the game automatically got marked as "abandoned").
It's nothing serious, but the fact that this happened is a good indicator of how slow the dev is.
Have seen many it hasn’t been the case with. Young Maria for example, or Student X-Change Program

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
I'm pretty sure there's a rule on this site that when a game doesn't get an update after a certain amount of time (don't remember how long specifically), then it gets the "abandoned" tag automatically, no matter if the game is actually still being worked on.
https://f95zone.to/threads/game-uploading-rules-2024-02-29.524/
  1. Abandoned: used in the following cases:
    • The developer states that the development has been permanently suspended.
    • After 3 months of inactivity from the developer's public creator/crowdfunding accounts (Patreon, SS, etc), we will resolve special circumstances or scenarios on a case-by-case basis (no creator accounts, creators developing for free, Patreon accounts under review/ban).
    • No game update has been released for an abnormally long period of time (>18 months).
    • Game threads that are marked On-hold for over 6 months with no game update.
    • Note: this prefix is only removed upon the release of a new update for purchase/download.
Looks like they triggered the 3 months of inactivity on their creator/crowdfunding accounts rule. No posts on Patreon since September 9th of last year. SubscribeStar has no posts.

Dinglederper

Dec 19, 2020
Weirdly fitting too, since Azurezero posts fairly frequently in Doggie's Discord. In fact, several devs post in Doggie's Discord, and (without judging them) a lot of the actual traffic on there is just advertising for other games. Most of the chat rooms are dead aside from a couple individuals, so it really feels more like an ad-haven than anything else (not that it isn't useful to get directed to relevant content). Then again, I guess that's all the more reason for Doggie to force people to go to the Discord for updates.

Zepheral

Dec 2, 2017
I personally wouldn't be too worried about it. It'll be a nice surprise when the update comes.

But for now, I'm just gonna see what h-games that I missed.

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
To be fair this game hits the abandoned clause constantly with the update schedule being so drawn out as it is.
Doubley so this time when the dev didn't release anything for christmas and only released a 2023 halloween update.
Except, I've not seen this game been hit with it before, as it at least provided some insights of the updates before its publication before build 20.

404NoNamegr

Dec 5, 2019
At this point the "abandoned" tag should be changed to "Patreonbait" because it will be updated but only after a 6+ month period.
All patreon games do this nowadays

Dinglederper

Dec 19, 2020
Does it really take that long to make updates? or are they just updating like that on purpose
Iirc some number of years ago they made a small mention of how they had a kid, I think. They never elaborated past that, and while it's understandable if it has affected their schedule over time, I don't really see why they wouldn't just share that in a news post on their Patreon. This thread was getting as bad as the Future Fragments thread for a while because Doggie went from updating once every 2-3 months with frequent news updates, to no more news updates and 3-4 months average time between updates, to now literally zero information about the game or what's in updates and 6-7 months update time.

People had good reason to be furious, but it's just sad to me that people spun it into some pitchfork mob trying to hang Doggie when the only thing anyone was really asking for was "can you please fucking explain why the updates have slowed to a crawl?" It's baffling how often hentai devs go the route of just "silently slowing down" their projects, then use the negativity surrounding their silence as a justification for why they went silent. That habit is the prime source of why people largely view Patreon funded projects as scams now, yet they all play the victim despite reinforcing why everyone is suspicious with their "u dont deserve to know what im doing unless u pay" attitudes.

And for what it's worth, many of you might be surprised to know Doggie is actually abnormally generous with the price and quality of their content; devs like SquashedFlat, a hyper-niche fart fetish furry dev (they advertise in Doggie's discord), charge 15 dollars a month just to get the latest build of their game (which is a barebones sidescroller that reuses the same animations and enemies constantly). The long and short of it is this: NEVER get your hopes up over furry game devs, they always either milk the living shit out of whales and slow their dev time to a crawl or they start degenerating into weirder and weirder fetishes. Often both.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 37 Votes