4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
Quite frankly, a big part of what keeps me fascinated is that every update the art and animation quality consistently gets better, yet the amount of content shrinks and increasingly meaningless changes get prioritized. For all I know, Doggie does the revamps precisely because they're easier than slaving over animations, and because no amount of extra content is guaranteed to provide any better results than just doing the former.
My 2nd paragraph actually covers on the issue. The game's animation department is sort in a bad bind. As you said, it appeal is high quality animation, which basically restricts varieties on how to portray the scenes at a much streamlined production. Kincaid is able to harvest both good animation and densely-packed scenes. Pocket Dungeon's gameplay allows it to segregate the IRL position of the player and the sex scene. So does carpetwurm's duology games.

In short, there's not much corners to cut the bloated timeframe. And going full on cinematic is ill-advised without an animation team, just look at Arma's quest. Let me tell you: Sonic Project X and Oh So Hero! were not made by a single person.

Nub123XXD

Mar 15, 2018
In short, there's not much corners to cut the bloated timeframe.
IMO, there are a huge chunk of the animation part that you can cut with little to no changes to the overall quality and that is the post post game over scenes. recent updates added enemies that have multiple post game over scenes. although they are good, it is extremely missable and does not really add much to it other than gallery(if that even going to be made) padding. again IMO, its better to have a few enemies with only 1 grab anim rather than an enemy with few grab and game overs(not to mention the works are usually doubled because the dual protagonist they are going for)

Still malding about one of the greatest SUCC anim has an NTR post game-over, we truly live on a planet.

MalLiz

Jan 26, 2024
Hey guys, let's all play the Doggie Bones drinking game! You take a shot of your choice for every of the following in an update:
  • If it contains just 1-2 new encounters
  • If there's been zero checks for spelling, grammar and punctuation in the, uhh... Let's call it "dialogue"
  • If it revamps the combat system yet afuckinggain
  • If it creates a new area but leaves it woefully unfinished
  • If it does absolutely nothing to update/finish any of the older areas
  • If it takes several months with numerous delays and poor planning to release
  • If it just wasn't worth waiting for at all
...and by the end of that you'll be drunker than Ernest Hemingway on a cheap whiskey binge!

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes