Ren'Py - Happy Summer [v0.6.2] [Caizer Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Truvelo

When I started playing this game I saw a lot of potential, nice graphics, interesting characters and some pretty good dialogues, I have been watching the update for a long time hoping that it will change what players hate the most - grind, yes, the game has a terrible grind if you want to see a few (sometimes worthless) scenes, well, you have to do completely nonsensical things to be able to see the scene and push the plot forward. In other games it looks logical, you have to go to the store or somewhere else, you have to meet a character or just do something else, but here you have to do things so absurd that even children would bore to death while playing this game.

After years of "updating" the game still grinds and although players are complaining about it, the developers are not doing anything about it and are still pushing meaningless things into this game, I think that if this game had been made by another studio, we would really have a VERY interesting gameplay, but unfortunately, at the moment it is just a drama and the sad thing is that it will stay that way, I put 2/5 because the graphics are nice.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Kojj4

It's my second time trying this game, the first time there was absolutely NOTHING content, it was just grinding and watching some scenes that even children watch in movies. So don't be surprised by so many negative reviews and so many low ratings, and don't think that this game is being wronged either, because it isn't. Let's start by talking about the game's commitment, and if it was a VN game, would it be faster in its development? but why make such a boring sandbox game? This game reminds me of the Unity engine, where you only have keys like M1 and Space to be able to advance in dialogs, there is no way to speed up the dialogue and not be able to rollback... and the gameplay? I'm sorry, but it doesn't make much sense to create a game where the player has to grind, wasting your time just to see some scenes that make your blue balls. Even if you who are a fan disagree with that, no problems, but try to explain this gameplay to me? there's no explanation, it's a strategy to keep the player trapped, chained, so I don't have to keep asking where is the new update, or to say, this game is nice but it's short. Man, it would be better this way, have a short game than a long and annoying game.

Now, talking about the story, I don't see a story as something bad, a story where the father is constantly trying to seduce his daughter would be bad. The story is being calm, developed slowly, which makes it attractive for some and painful for others. But, people would be a lot more patient if there wasn't this horrible gameplay, even putting a cheat in the game so you don't lower your energy bar and don't need it anymore, it's tiring to play. What attracted this lot of users to test this game was due to the good renderings, there isn't that real character model, something that some developer tries to create as reality, but then again, it's not that Japanese rendering or any other kind, but it's not a special rendering either. The sex scenes are good, at least they're well-crafted, there aren't many scenes in this game, so start to be disappointed. The animations are cool, I had to grind until I got to the end to see a scene from the daughter's BJ and I have to say it wasn't a spectacle but it was enough. At the end of the day, I don't know if it was worth wasting time playing, I don't think so, it wasn't, because if it weren't for this sandbox gameplay, I would say, ok, cool VN game.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

ReZ4life

Don't waste your time on this. Thousands of updates, and the "Fun" content was barely added. The art style was the reason I got interested. but waiting for update after update for some more interesting scenes... yea I'm done waiting. Patreon Milker and nothing more.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

neithernor

been on my watch list for a long time,
    models are hot,
    animations are great.
    so why 2 stars?

little amount of content and its on the vanilla side.
    slow updates.
    terrible UI,
    terrible navigation.
    no skip time button.
    no gallery.
    no quest log/hints.
    the game is VERY grindy.

its starts great with lots of activities but as you progress it becomes grindy and worse sometimes you need to trigger a very specific event on a certain day at a specific time (and a reminder, no hints, no day display, and you have to fight the navigation system).
  5. 1.00 star(s)

The Wizard of Oz

There are a lot of unnecessary actions that do not add interest to the game, there are no tips for the passage, the characters are not interesting, the plot is primitive, the game settings menu is poor. You need to either add tips for the passage, or change the gameplay. The game is not friendly to the player, I do not recommend it.:sick:
  6. 2.00 star(s)

nickbo

Wow what a waste of time and clicks. I get that its a game and not a VN, and I even like resource management games, but this was beyond boring. Thankfully I read the other reviews, so I only wasted about 45 minutes. Graphics are not bad - so I gave an extra star for that - but otherwise, its a total grind and "no-burn" (even worse than a slow burn). Unfortunately the story is not that engaging either - so for me there was nothing really to keep me interested.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Greybourn

I want to sue the dev for the carpal tunnel I now have for this clicking grind fest to no where.....

This game should have a hazardous health warning.. Or at minimum a "No Sexual Content" tag....

Too bad the visuals are nice but C'mon at some point there needs to be actual content.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

slimjim101

Sure it's a slow burn and a little 'grindy', but the animations (the few there are), are incredible. There's just something about this game I like, hard to say; maybe the graphics, the little peeks we get of the girls, or Rosie's nice phat ass. Either way, I'm hooked.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Zalzany

I been trying to give this a chance for over a year now, but this really needs a "blueball_simulator" tag. I mean its not bad, but after all these updates it went from neat and I will continue to watch it to, ok there is so much freaking content with no reward, not only that its annoying to keep progressing all so you can can just be friends with all the girls and go no where.

Like it needs a no sexual content tag or something. I keep watching it, and getting excited every new content patch then see its just more friendzone content.

EDIT: you can finally get a blowjob so dev broke the blue ball simulator tag. Now its pitty friendzone simulator. Like serriously he had all these chances to be something more then a trusted friend, but MC is going for freindzone so hard. If this was real life these girls would be so satisfied at everything but sex, they would be fucking busboys, and complaning to the MC about how they don't fulfill them on any other level but sex that MC does.

Like sweet jesus it makes my depsing life seem great. Just no if you don't want to play friend zone simulator and wait 12 moreupdates to get vanilla sex, and 8 more after that to get something good, don't touch this game. I can not tell people enough the story is shit in this, its not horrible it plausable but way MC does everything you can tell why he starts off sad and wifeless at start, because she probally moved the fuck on from settling for his freind zone ass. Its just sad to do all these things and quests, not saying they "owe" him sex. But fact is he could romance them any time now and get it, but isntead he doesn't want toe be in a real relation ship.

Like every single guy and cheating dirtbag in real life should be all over these girls going "you seeing any one? Yeah that doesn't sound like he is really wanting to be your boyfriend, so yes you are single but with a really good friend" As he laughs in his head and goes "sucker"
  10. 2.00 star(s)

CassidyPRO

Game is bad. Story is not terrible, but the pacing is ultra bad and annoying. Characters are annoying. THis game is not a slowburner because those kind of games reliy on good stories and characters.. This is simply a blueballing festival.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Kyril87

This game has an average rating of 2.5 stars. Pretty crappy, right?
    However, it has nearly 70 reviews and is heading for 200 pages of comments.
    Possibly Caizer is 'milking' his patrons, but he seems to be able to retain them in spite of his slow progress.
    Criticism appears to be divided between those who don't mind a 'slow burn' and those whose hearts' desire (reference intended) is instant fappability. I'm with the former.
    The graphics are not 'real' but nevertheless appealling. The plot is more a series of loosely connected events than a logical serial, but it doesn't fail.
    The problem-solving is irritating, but addictive. On my (fairly powerful, but not spectacular) Linux machine I have had no problems with bugs or crashes
    The slow 'milker' appears to have found a working formula, if not a roaring success, and I wish him well.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

omegashrn

I love the images and the couple animations there are, I remember trying this game some time ago. So long ago that I don't even remember when I did, just played through it some again and there's no sex in it yet? Come on with the sexy time stuff man!

This is for version 3.5
  13. 1.00 star(s)

Sesinho

The game is interesting, irls are hot, of course it may be subjective, but i think the way tey are they are pretty hot. Animations are quite good, at least the ones that the dev decided to make an actual effort on.

POV Pussy licking is cheap. It obviously easier to animate a sinlge tonggue following camera direction in a closeup shot, that animating 2 full characters. Its lazy as fuck, so lazy that even i could do that.

From the techinal aspect animations are good, but i dont know if animations represent hot "sex" scenes. Fors tarters in .035 THERE IS NOT SEX. If you are a virgin you may pay 10 dollars to get a blowjob and tell your friends you had sex, but sorry, that is not sex.

The game is divided in events, but those vents are way to obivous that are events, dev didnt make the effort of creating some sort of thread or timeline in dialogues that reflected the state of things.

IT is one of those sandbox where you grind stats until you unlock scenes, and you still find girls in their rooms and conversations havent changed since the beggining of the game. For insctacne Rosie outside of the room has adialogue where she is telling that she began writing, but inside the room she is still blocked and hasnt started.

This is how it is and makes theevents feel like that, events, random scenes that dont affect anything. Rosie fixed events in bathroom, TV and shower dont change much since level 2, i would say they dont change anymore.

This game is not new, but dont have much, and still no sex, cause every girls sees sex the same way. IM guessing next update there is gonna be a boobjob, there is alaready handjob,blowjob, footjob, so its next, obviously.

Good first 20 minutes, unless you uncompress images folder and check actual content, that may kill your expectations quick.

I give 2 stars cause girls are hot. There is not much writing, MC is an adult that behaves like a virgin and whose decisions go against player needs most of the time, so there is nothing to celebrate. He may peek 200 times and still act like he doesnt want to, even run when he is asked to come inside. Absolutely retarded writing. Nothing to celebrate.

The good is clearly the girls, and the cloth system. Too much grind and too much retardation, doesnt pay off without actual sex. Im not even gonna punish the fact that some scenes end abrutly before becoming interesting, cause that would leave it at 1,and i want to at least remark that girls are hot and deserve 30% of the total rating.

I reviewed this in Hune 2021. In version 0.61:

All the previous stuff is still valid , but I have to punish the annoyances after 3 years of development. Not gonna read my review, just gonna enumerate. English some times seems like machine translated, scenes are not that good, characters dont look bad, but after 3 extra years they dont look that good either. The main character delayed for evert when she didnt even have much content, added the fact that most of the scenes are repetitions and you get to see soemkthing different ONCE. the release schedule is so retarded that I guess there are evetns that are absolutely pointless to release, but they are part of the water drop in the desert type of development plan. A development plan that focuses on side characters and it has been that way for a while now, and in the latest updates a new side character has been introduced, after previously introducing another one. All this while the main character,a nd face of the game, and the other main character have been stalled for ages in LVL4. The game logic is broken and I dont think the dev is bothering with making a decent code, the game is very cheap and constrictedm nothing evolves, even when a new character comes to live in the house, the original events like movie night and breakfast are still the same.
    This game is officially CRAP and there is no fix for it.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

kinkoweedz

great animations and art style, some QOL changes such as hints and showing what gallery you haven't unlocked would be amazing, I dont know if I've played it up to the current update, at all...

Looking forward to some more updates
  15. 5.00 star(s)

herlam

A great game, probably one of the best 5 games ever for me. The graphic are amazing. I cannot believe the quality of this game, and the girls are beautiful made. The story is amazing and unfold as it would in real life. I am tired of games that on the second day you have f@cked the whole family. The bad comment are for the small but montly update and that after 2 years the game doesnt have sex....
  16. 5.00 star(s)

RareFishSticks

Love models used for this game they look so good and animations with renders are gorgeous, on a sad note there's not much of content, little too much of a grind and sometimes I can't even tell what to do next, like "am I done wit all the content" and etc.
    Anyway I really love girls in this game, so if you're the same as me support the creator, but be patient updates for this game not a speedy/bulky ones.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

Qwerqwerty64

Pretty grindy for not much payoff even after all these updates. The art and animation is nice but at this point still pretty underwhelming. The story is also pretty decent. Has potential with enough time just going to be a really long time at the rate its going
  18. 1.00 star(s)

_Utakata_

Horrible game
    Renders are bad The girls look like they got weird faces
    Story just sucks
    No rollback for a renpy game No skip
    I got stuck after having 100% and was not able to find the event to advance the story
    Walktrough is useless
    No sex scenes
  19. 2.00 star(s)

dragon556677

I think game will be "abandoned". It's no way that game with already 2 YEARS of "development" has like "nothing" in general to play for it's basis as it were described. With such slow rate of the game developing it needs like 7-8 years to be released.

The story? It's average normal story of like most of the games with such genre. It does not has it's raisin to get excited.

The graphics? Good. It's decent for games like this and it's "soft" for the eyes.

The time for development of the updates is insane and updates brings like "nothing" basically, just some animations and some minor things that do nothing and does not even make some of the story for the characters or the MC itself.

That's all. Cause game has nothing good or bad in it's general for now besides Above. Everything else is not having it's own resin to grab players. It's just average game with some of the story, long development "plans" which is giving doubts of the game ever come out and good graphical assets.

Maybe it will become complete game in the long future, which is I also doubt cause I have my experience looking after it's development. But I am surely has enough of seeing that it stands in the same place and not even progressing into at least decent game with at least decent story. But it will surely be some "miracle" as I could think about it to see the game come out with its style.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

liam_boi

Decent story lots of options for the developer to decide whats next nice characters they do look different to most animations so its good to see something different lots of potential compared to other games that are at a similar atage in their own stories