Mod Ren'Py Hard to Love [S1 v0.0.42 & S2 v0.062] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well folks, Qori changed quite a bit in this new version. I see some "borrowed" code too, like identical to yours truly. Guess I'm honored. Regardless the menu system has changed and this VN was always a challenge to crap mod features into the UI... so I'm kinda starting from scratch with my pre-v0.05 code as a type of blueprint.

I really don't know how this will go... I need more time to asses (I just started about half an hour ago or so). Also, tonight's first glass of fine adult beverage would certainly help so I think I'll go grab that real quick...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Dang Qori, borrowing all my secret sauces:

Dev's save screen date formatting in Ep1-4:
text FileTime(slot, format=_("{#file_time}%A, %B %d %Y, %H:%M"), empty=_("")):

Every SanchoMod save screen date formatting you've seen in the last couple years or so:
text FileTime(slot, format=_("{#file_time}%m/%d/%Y, %I%p"), empty=_("")):

Dev's save screen date formatting in Ep5:

Yep, it's identical to yours truly.

IMNC

Sep 3, 2019

Every SanchoMod save screen date formatting you've seen in the last couple years or so:

We should just call it the Sancho Standard.

furball8994

Feb 18, 2020

At least we now know that he's capable of learning and improving. :) Seriously though, I don't know "coding" but wouldn't this make your mod more compatible?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
At least we now know that he's capable of learning and improving. :) Seriously though, I don't know "coding" but wouldn't this make your mod more compatible?
No, has nothing to do with that as the mod's screens override the VN's... he just has some of my tricks for folks running the VN unmodded. It happens, devs tend to notice the little things I do and sometime want them.

Reactions: Sandaru_Wikasitha

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well.... all that time I spent getting the VN updated to the latest Core code was likely about 50% wasted. My initial blind attempt at rebuilding the menu system for this "Season 2" VN is a bust:
1684284421373.png

Shit's missing and others that aren't are in the wrong damn place. That's me showing that I'm not always "the shit" either...I fail sometimes. I'll grab a whiskey refill and sort that mess out. This VN's menus have always been a real bitch to sort out tbh.

JHawkins

May 30, 2020
Love all the status updates you provide, even though i dont know anything about coding its appreciated.

MrWiki

Donor
Jan 20, 2021
i think im blind or lost lol, it works for both season or is there another download?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well.... all that time I spent getting the VN updated to the latest Core code was likely about 50% wasted. My initial blind attempt at rebuilding the menu system for this "Season 2" VN is a bust:
View attachment 2627262

Shit's missing and others that aren't are in the wrong damn place. That's me showing that I'm not always "the shit" either...I fail sometimes. I'll grab a whiskey refill and sort that mess out. This VN's menus have always been a real bitch to sort out tbh.
Okay, all the damn new menus for Season 2 are sorted with the exception of me finding a good place for the SanchoMod button... it sucks where it's at but easily solved later. Gonna grab a bite to eat as I'm nearing 2200hrs here then I'll get back to starting the guide.
1684291809668.png 1684292545939.png

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
i think im blind or lost lol, it works for both season or is there another download?
The OP has "Season 1"... this new VN update is being referred to as "Season 2" and is a completely new game. I'll clarify the mod's OP in just a bit so folks know what I have available is for the first season and I'm working on the second.

What a mess, right?

Edit: DL links are now noted:
1684292257698.png

furball8994

Feb 18, 2020
No, has nothing to do with that as the mod's screens override the VN's... he just has some of my tricks for folks running the VN unmodded. It happens, devs tend to notice the little things I do and sometime want them.
Got ya. Like I said, I don't know anything about coding. I've used your mods in quite a few games and love your style. I have seen devs work with modders many times like sending them early access so they can get the mods out faster, and even a few that incorporate the modders walkthrough directly into the main release (and giving them credit). I'd think that a dev would ask before using someone else's work in there own. But I guess I'm just naive. ;)

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes