| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
My reaction thinking what will Amber be like:

On serious note, ゆかな - Yukana, I'm just going to give you a way out, do deep thinking on it.
  1. This game doesn't need AI filter or whatever the AI you're using for on the renders. Your original renders were way more than enough. No need to change their process. Remove that AI. Sometimes when you try to makes things more nice you ruin what is already sufficient enough for things to work. AND the renders were way more than sufficient.
  2. Original renders WERE EXACTLY what were keeping this game float. Keep them as it is, maybe a scene or two may need improvement but imo I don't think that is even necessary. They were perfectly fine.
The need to improve are:
  1. The writing and dialogue. That's it. No additional poking with stuff. A.K.A a better writer.
  2. Girls nature and attitude, A.K.A personality
  3. keeping track of variables so, story flows accordingly and characters respond accordingly.
That's it. That exactly what you need.

Don't do it, I've it with buncha games before and sadly you've started on that path too.
Do reflect on it. For god sake, Don't ruin it. I know you only want to improve the game but to improve it you only need to do the things I above mentioned. That's it.

Don't overcomplicate things.

KEEP GROWING!
STAY HEALTHY!

GOLDLUCK!:coffee: ゆかな - Yukana

Last edited:

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
My reaction thinking what will Amber be like:

On serious note, ゆかな - Yukana, I'm just going to give you a way out, do deep thinking on it.
  1. This game doesn't need AI filter or whatever the AI you're using for on the renders. Your original renders were way more than enough. No need to change their process. Remove that AI. Sometimes when you try to makes things more nice you ruin what is already sufficient enough for things to work. AND the renders were way more than sufficient.
  2. Original renders WERE EXACTLY what were keeping this game float. Keep them as it is, maybe a scene or two may need improvement but imo I don't think that is even necessary. They were perfectly fine.
The need to improve are:
  1. The writing and dialogue. That's it. No additional poking with stuff. A.K.A a better writer.
  2. Girls nature and attitude, A.K.A personality
  3. keeping track of variables so, story flows accordingly and characters respond accordingly.
That's it. That exactly what you need.

Don't do it, I've it with buncha games before and sadly you've started on that path too.
Do reflect on it. For god sake, Don't ruin it. I know you only want to improve the game but to improve it you only need to do the things I above mentioned. That's it.

Don't overcomplicate things.

KEEP GROWING!
STAY HEALTHY!

GOLDLUCK!:coffee: ゆかな - Yukana
Honestly, the writing could improve by simply building an outline and storyboard and then sticking to it. This VN was clearly started without any kind of plan... Otherwise things like this reboot or the jarring timeskip between "season 1" and the unnecessary "season 2" would never have happened. The inconvenient truth is that if this dev team wants to rebuild and find success, they may need to scrap HtL altogether and start a new project that has a better foundation and better planning. Maybe something shorter and more manageable until they figure their shit out.

Learn to outline, believe in the outline, stick to the outline...And don't do "remakes" under any circumstance...

Qori also has a really bad habit of changing shit mid-project such as redoing code, file names, or file structures seemingly every update as Sancho1969 can attest to... or backtracking and redoing content to apply new techniques they've grown fond of. It's a horrendous, chaotic way of doing things. The dabbling with the AI shit is just another face of this same bad habit. This is something that desperately needs to be fixed too.

Last edited:

Guz007

Nov 21, 2021
The sex scenes in the remake were horrendous,
The renders were good quality but the story has gotten a bit shit too,
Like the whole love affair with areltta ,
I thought we only loved our wife antonella and not fell in love with another so easily.

Reactions: allura404

echizen128

Sep 5, 2017
I'm cautiously optimistic about the rework. Obviously, it was the S2 content that needed help so we'll have to see if that's actually fixed. But the story and especially the dialogue feels a lot better. I agree that the Arletta content was unexpected and somewhat odd given how recently it apparently went down, but it was always hinted at.

One thing that bothered me is that we really needed the alternate camera angles that were added for the Arletta anal scene for the Amber/MC first time scene. I'm not asking for the full sex scene - it isn't needed at that point - but at least being able to see penetration would be nice. I'm mostly just begging for as many young Amber renders as possible before her delicious body is ruined with all the tattoos.

Tuatha Dé

Oct 20, 2021
the remake contains episode 1+2 new storycontent was added but all in all it is the same story in the end as i see it.
it is only flashbacks by now how it all came to the point where it is at the start of the game.
the storywriting has improved a lot but it is too soon to tell if it will be better when the next episodes will be out.
wait the whole season 1 is flashbacks? fuck it caught my attention but if I'm only going to see the past and how he fell in love I think I'll pass.

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
wait the whole season 1 is flashbacks? fuck it caught my attention but if I'm only going to see the past and how he fell in love I think I'll pass.
Nope episode 1+2 so far are almost only flashbacks,if episode 3 is who knows...
Season 1 are all episodes dont know how many so far

Last edited:

Cunt

Supreme Asshole
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Feb 7, 2019
Soooo the dev moved from actual good renders and started to make AI bullshit that just looks cancer compared to the previous versions. I wonder if it's a time related issue or just lazy. Welp certainly will not support the game any longer on patreon it's sad since it was one of the few that had rather good art compared to the flood of trash we usually get.

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
I don't hate ai renderings. in fact I like them...IF the game starts off with ai renders. I fucking hate when you have a game thats already a ways into development and they just stop and hit the reset button so they can change to AI. That shit drives me mad.
I'll still play this but still not happy about the switch.

Reactions: indio68

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
I don't hate ai renderings. in fact I like them...IF the game starts off with ai renders. I fucking hate when you have a game thats already a ways into development and they just stop and hit the reset button so they can change to AI. That shit drives me mad.
I'll still play this but still not happy about the switch.
The only thing I like about ai cg VNs is the ignore button.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
AI games have imo five "steps":
- "Wow!" = the preview pics/renders look amazing at the first sight
- "Ok" = you notice some small flaws in the pics
- "not good" = you notice some more flaws like inconsistent character faces or most girls have muscles like WWF fighters
- "WTF?" = you see some serious issues like 6 fingers or completely deformed body parts
- "Fuck that shit!" = deleting the game again

ChiaCHiaWei

Oct 3, 2019
when adult designer want to "remake" they are no more have idea design the game . it's time abandon . They think they are CAPCOM lol can remark game likes resident evil 2 quality ??? it's joke

toorfu

Jul 31, 2021
the remake contains episode 1+2 new storycontent was added but all in all it is the same story in the end as i see it.
it is only flashbacks by now how it all came to the point where it is at the start of the game.
the storywriting has improved a lot but it is too soon to tell if it will be better when the next episodes will be out.
so am i not missing anything if i skip s1 and s2 and just jump into the remake? contentwise, plotwise dont care.

Feb 25, 2024
so am i not missing anything if i skip s1 and s2 and just jump into the remake? contentwise, plotwise dont care.
Season 1 and Season 2 have scenes that are not in the remake. If you want to wait until the remake is complete, that's fine, but Season 1 + Season 2 include several scenes that are not yet in the remake. Also, the remake has more complete flashback scenes that aren’t present in Season 1 + Season 2.

LaShou23

Oct 9, 2023
Hope Dev can solve her issues and get well, even with the writing inconsistencies the production value is high, way better than others more popular AVNs.

• Angry
Reactions: Cedrog

w123t4

May 26, 2019
Well, the remake of the story is great, a bit smoother than the original one, and I am glad that we can actually take the virgin of amber in the remake since it was not allowed in the old version, but it is still a shame that it is kind of short and only have the penetration scene without the progress and cum scene.:confused:
Btw, the young mom and sis are still the best, way better than the older version in the story.:p

tmu500

Apr 14, 2024
Well, the remake of the story is great, a bit smoother than the original one, and I am glad that we can actually take the virgin of amber in the remake since it was not allowed in the old version, but it is still a shame that it is kind of short and only have the penetration scene without the progress and cum scene.:confused:
Btw, the young mom and sis are still the best, way better than the older version in the story.:p
I like the remade plus the first season of old version.

• Angry
Reactions: Cedrog

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019
isa2.png
VN Ren'Py ██████
This is the Italian translation of Hard to Love [v0.1 Remake]

Translation Download
Game Download

Unzip the .rar file - copy/paste the game folder into the game directory, replace when asked.
This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan"

3.80 star(s) 120 Votes