darkdreamsan

Apr 12, 2022
MC cries about his family members walking all over him, not realizing that him being a wimp is what letting it all go.

I am looking forward to this, but it's already episode 5, and we have gone absolutely nowhere, to which I'd think this one would need 100+ episodes.

• Haha
Reactions: Mantioxi

single_guy_from_au

Jun 18, 2023
I staret to get really worried - but then I found out that I somehow missed the last episode (which I am downloading right now)!

YES, YES - the game continues (y) (y) (y)

I want to thank your for you, qori-gaming, for this awesome game - please, never give up, never surrender!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jkgkghg

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
I'm only like an hour into this game and my first impression is that this is one of THE weirdest games I've ever played, if not the weirdest. Ever. Seriously.

The guy that is the epitome of introverted, painfully insecure nerd, became a cop... Wow... A guy that is the epitome of beta on verge of omega is in a job that requires an alpha. His partner is sending him nudes, he doesn't get it and then is snapping needlessly at his girlfriend that is being really sweet, considerate and caring. Dafuq is that about?

Then there's the flashbacks that mess up the flow of narration. And all the honestly irritating MC's curt responses of "forget it" to his daughter's questions when she just wants to help him and is showing him she loves him and he's acting like a brusque, uncaring, cold asshole. FFS, man, your kid loves you and you're acting to her the same as her mother's parents did to her!!! Poor kid, mother abandoned her when she was born and she gets stuck with this emotionally dysfunctional asshole of a father who fobbed her off on his insane parents and sisters to raise for some reason instead of having her with him, like every other parent.

Then him acting like a complete loonie, zoning out, ignoring people he's talking to, going into these self-centered melancholy whining fests (like when Isabella gives him the picture of Antonella) that after 15 years he really should be over by now, constantly lying to his child and so on. Also, REALLY weird text ("she's so sweet that I sometimes worry about her" - wtf?! how does that make sense?).

Even though the characters are Western, I get the feeling the dev is Asian, most probably Japanese and the text is machine translated... the weirdness of dialog that makes you think you're on drugs or at least drunk I've found usually stems from machine translations of non-English text.

Then there's the constant weird poses that Antonella makes that look like something straight out of some Manga/anime

It's not all bad of course, REALLY like Antonella, even though she's so bipolar she's keeping my head spinning (then again so is MC). The renders are pretty good, Antonella is gorgeous.

I'm gonna keep with the story, hopefully the weirdness is just part of the drugs he's on and it will straighten out. Otherwise *I* will be the one on prescribed drugs, lmao.
It literally tells you if you play the game and click the 'About' that the Dev is Japanese, which explain pretty much everything people find weird with this game, if anyone consumes any media from Japan than you'll know that Japanese, well all Asians really, might as well be aliens, their mindset is extremely different from that of Westerners.

Some people complain the guy is too effeminate... I have one word for ya: Bishounen, acting too submissive, different societal norms, the whole 'Alpha Male' shtick is a Westerner thing, Asians don't tend to care as much. People acting bipolar, read ANY manga or hentai, its pretty typical for characters to be borderline Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde. Japanese characters tend to be pretty extreme, 'normal' isn't really something they do, all of them are over the top in personality. Someone complained about Nanami liking the MC after her told her his past, did people forget EVERY single stories where the girl fall for the bad boy? A seemingly redeemable bad boy is catnip for girls.

The point is many of the complaints fail to take in consideration that its basically a hentai story which mean the context is completely different from what you'll see in Westerner stories, read any other hentai or manga stories, than come back to this one and judge it based on that context, it will make far more sense.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
It literally tells you if you play the game and click the 'About' that the Dev is Japanese, which explain pretty much everything people find weird with this game, if anyone consumes any media from Japan than you'll know that Japanese, well all Asians really, might as well be aliens, their mindset is extremely different from that of Westerners.

Some people complain the guy is too effeminate... I have one word for ya: Bishounen, acting too submissive, different societal norms, the whole 'Alpha Male' shtick is a Westerner thing, Asians don't tend to care as much. People acting bipolar, read ANY manga or hentai, its pretty typical for characters to be borderline Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde. Japanese characters tend to be pretty extreme, 'normal' isn't really something they do, all of them are over the top in personality. Someone complained about Nanami liking the MC after her told her his past, did people forget EVERY single stories where the girl fall for the bad boy? A seemingly redeemable bad boy is catnip for girls.

The point is many of the complaints fail to take in consideration that its basically a hentai story which mean the context is completely different from what you'll see in Westerner stories, read any other hentai or manga stories, than come back to this one and judge it based on that context, it will make far more sense.
They have different mindset sure. But I've played some hentai games and I wasn't feeling it was that much different. Though generally the MC is about 18 so everything is easier to accept. Here the MC is 35+ with a child, even if he's got a trauma he doesn't act like a full-grown man. Maybe it's also the fact that they look westerners which emphasizes the cultural differences

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
They have different mindset sure. But I've played some hentai games and I wasn't feeling it was that much different. Though generally the MC is about 18 so everything is easier to accept. Here the MC is 35+ with a child, even if he's got a trauma he doesn't act like a full-grown man. Maybe it's also the fact that they look westerners which emphasizes the cultural differences
Its very typical for Western looking characters to be in Japanese manga & hentai, sure they do have a tendency to have more Asian looking eyes even if they have every color imaginable of eyes and hairs, for some reasons Japaneses loves European looking features. In this case since they likely used Daz rather than Honey Select for this game, it include already made character designs, so it likely helped keeping the characters looking like proper Westerners.

I mean sure some manga and hentai have more... normal characters... but they are the minority by far. Also I seen plenty of man-child in that sort of media that are acting like young men while being supposedly more mature men. Not every characters are fresh out of college in manga & hentai.

kiriissei

Oct 3, 2022
I would like to ask if anyone knows what happened to this game, since I stopped at episode 6, but today I went to the creator's patreon and saw that he had not published anything in a long time, so I want to know if the game was canceled or forgotten Because I really like Amber and I want more of her.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
I would like to ask if anyone knows what happened to this game, since I stopped at episode 6, but today I went to the creator's patreon and saw that he had not published anything in a long time, so I want to know if the game was canceled or forgotten Because I really like Amber and I want more of her.
The last update was a couple months ago, I don't know what games you play on this site, but that length of delay is nowhere near unusual for games, its pretty typical a 3-4 months wait between updates, some do have a faster pace, but at the same time some got worst wait time, so it depend, anyway this one is nowhere near a massive delay, wait at least 6 months no news before starting to cry out about abandonment.

varkatzas666

Feb 26, 2018
"Hard To Love" is a gem of a game, wonderful story, beautiful girls, I had my favorites (Nanami and Amber) but more girls appear and it is impossible to have only them xD. By the way, I need to know the name of the song and who performs the song in the start menu, I was fascinated by that song. Keep it up dev

Reactions: Andeddo

Andeddo

May 6, 2018
"Hard To Love" is a gem of a game, wonderful story, beautiful girls, I had my favorites (Nanami and Amber) but more girls appear and it is impossible to have only them xD. By the way, I need to know the name of the song and who performs the song in the start menu, I was fascinated by that song. Keep it up dev
Girls from banner are only main girls, though
and a song name is "Tombi" by Macaroom

• Red Heart
Reactions: varkatzas666

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Should i download Season 1 or Season 2 included Season 1?
It is explained in detail in the OP under the Developer Notes section, but the short answer is "Season 1 is not included in Season 2, yet". Both are separate game clients. Either you want to play Season 1 or not depends on you ( make sure to read the explanation before you decide ).

• Red Heart
Reactions: MasKeLs

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
3_scene09_panel04_render07.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TLDR Version: This update news is primarily about the delay in the upcoming release of "Hard to Love". The main reasons include rewriting the initial chapters for better coherence, learning to use AI in Photoshop to fix clippings issues, developing a stat window feature, and integrating these changes into the new client. This work is extensive, involving over 500 images and 12 animations, aiming for completion by December. While this message focuses on the game's development, I also touch on some personal challenges that have impacted my work. For a deeper insight into these personal aspects and the full context of the delay, please continue reading the main message.

Hi everyone,
I hope this message finds you well. I'm writing to you today with a bit of a heavy heart. I need to talk about the delay in the upcoming update for "Hard to Love". I understand how much you all look forward to each new chapter, and it pains me to let you down.
Firstly, I've been reworking the initial chapters from the previous build. This journey started with a core story but the subplots needed more depth and coherence. I've rewritten each girl's backstory, their goals, and aspirations. This process, while time-consuming, was essential for my peace of mind and the game's integrity.
In parallel, I've been learning to use AI in Photoshop to address the clippings issue. It's been a lifesaver, especially considering Daz3D's limitations with non-Western objects and settings. This technical advancement is crucial for the authenticity of our world in "Hard to Love".
Another significant addition is the development of a stat window feature. This will help players understand the impact of each stat on their gameplay. It's something I hadn't considered essential before, but now I see its value.
Rewriting the first chapters also means integrating them into the new client. This involves not just rewriting but also "de-Westernizing" some renders, creating new scenes, and discarding the irrelevant ones.
On the matter of game nature, a supporter's comment about 'milking money' struck me deeply. It was never my intention to make anyone feel that way. As an AVN developer, striking a balance between story and adult content is challenging for me. And I think it's crucial to not just focus on the narrative and that was my big mistake. I've explored various AVNs to understand how they blend story and sex elements and finding that perfect balance is tricky for me... it's like it's not just about transforming my game into an orgy fest, but also I don't want to neglect the 'fan-service' that's a big part of any AVN. I'm committed to delivering an experience that satisfies on both fronts, and I will try to learn to get the balance right.
Regarding my personal struggles, they have indeed impacted the development. The past period has been particularly tough, with internal battles, family stuff and emotional turmoil. I'm on a path to recovery now and more determined to complete this project, which now means everything to me since this will be my main job from now on.
For the update's timeline, some day at December is the goal. The scale of the work is significant, with over 500 images and 12 animations already completed. The animations alone, ranging from 50 to 60 images each, add up to a substantial number. I'm close to finishing this part but still have around 200 renders left for the revamped chapters.
The idea of creating an exclusive supporter walkthrough is on hold too. It requires changing established code, which I'm not fully equipped to handle right now. I want to avoid forcing players to restart the game, so I'm treading carefully here.
I apologize sincerely for the delay and the emotional rollercoaster this might have caused. Your patience and support have been incredible, and I can't thank you enough for sticking with me and "Hard to Love".
Thank you for being part of this journey.
YUKANA

MrTrue

Dec 2, 2021
So S1 and S2 will be finally coherent and not like 2 different games ?
From my understanding S1 is being rewritten to make sense with how the girls act in S2.
Was a bit hard to read the post but thats as far as I understood it.

Not sure if I am that hyped about it since I thought S1 girls were superior and more interesting than the S2 version of the girls.
But if that is the change that has to be made for the game to make sense then I guess nobody can argue it.
Just won't be the same game people initially started following and supporting.

Do not agree with the supporters comment about her milking the game though.
Never once got the impression she tried to slow down or blue ball for the sake of sticking people around.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 124 Votes