Hardware/Feature Limitations

What hardware level do you play on?

• PC w/ RTX 3060,2070 / RX 5700,6600 or better, Give me quality scalability. (Medium/High)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mac w/ RX 6700 or better, Give me the max, My rig can handle it. (High/Ultra)

• Mac w/ RX 5700,6600 or better, Give me quality scalability. (Medium/High)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corvisrex

Aug 17, 2019
Greetings;

I am reworking a game i have been planning for unreal engine. I am wondering what feature level/ hardware people are playing on to get an idea of quality/feature limitations. This game is also an excuse to upgrade my Unreal Engine skills. So just a quick survey, you can add comments if you like but not needed.

Basically I am curious about peoples ability to run HW raytracing at various levels, to see if lumen/Nanite is a good idea, or stay with older systems.

Thanks

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Greetings;

I am reworking a game i have been planning for unreal engine. I am wondering what feature level/ hardware people are playing on to get an idea of quality/feature limitations. This game is also an excuse to upgrade my Unreal Engine skills. So just a quick survey, you can add comments if you like but not needed.

Basically I am curious about peoples ability to run HW raytracing at various levels, to see if lumen/Nanite is a good idea, or stay with older systems.

Thanks
You probably aren't going to get a realistic sample of hardware by using a poll here. A lot of bias is built in to the process (very few people who use F95 actually post, even fewer take polls, language barriers, etc).

Use Steam Hardware/Software survey to get a better idea of what people are using today for computer stats:

Realize that the fastest growing market is mobile device - tablets, but mostly phones. Half of the people who access the internet around the world solely use phones to do so and it is projected to be over 70% by 2025.

As of 2020, 47% of all gaming revenue (computer, console, mobile) comes from mobile gaming.

If you aren't developing games with a mobile-first mindset, you should.

EDIT: to follow up, you are going to find a higher prevalence of Windows 7 and Windows 8 users on F95 than would be found in a general cross-section of gamers. Your poll is very first-world middle class and higher biased in offerings, for example the graphics cards you mention only represent 38% of the Steam gaming community. It will be lower here.

-- Sincerely, a guy who never uses his phone to game and only uses his 9 year old Windows 10 PC with a nVidia GeForce GT 630 video card.

Last edited:
Reactions: F4C430 and Ophanim

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Greetings;

Thanks
Yeah, dude, my polished turd of a computer works just fine for most things, but RayTracing is out of its league right now.
An i7-6700 with a GTX 970 will play more games than you might think it will, but the latest and greatest AAA titles are only dreams at this moment.