Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
I guess my real rub is it doesn't seem, to me, like MC is taking this stuff as seriously as it seems.
He's definitely taking it seriously. When has he failed to defend his tenants? Fiercely, at times. But he's a low-affect dude. The dominance is a private thing, solely within the privacy of their relationships. Think about how he reacts to Maria's abduction. Does that seem like someone who doesn't care?

Reactions: pgm_01 and CptValor

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Just to add, note that when he calls Cornwall after Maria is abducted, that's fury and rage. One gets the impression if he were face to face with Cornwall, his hands would be wringing out what little life is left in that wretched old man's throat.

But as Segnbora said, the MC is the low man on the totem pole. He doesn't have the power, influence or wealth to really change the world. He's the owner of a small hotel. He's got an elven maid, a gynoid and some girls as tenants. What are he or the others to do? Commit to armed revolt? Guerilla warfare against the state? 1 - that'd last a week, tops. 2 - they'd be written off as crackpots or some sex cult and the system would just keep trundling along, grinding lives into dust.

The MC has to play the long game and even then, he might not even have the chance to do that.

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
Just to add, note that when he calls Cornwall after Maria is abducted, that's fury and rage. One gets the impression if he were face to face with Cornwall, his hands would be wringing out what little life is left in that wretched old man's throat.

But as Segnbora said, the MC is the low man on the totem pole. He doesn't have the power, influence or wealth to really change the world. He's the owner of a small hotel. He's got an elven maid, a gynoid and some girls as tenants. What are he or the others to do? Commit to armed revolt? Guerilla warfare against the state? 1 - that'd last a week, tops. 2 - they'd be written off as crackpots or some sex cult and the system would just keep trundling along, grinding lives into dust.

The MC has to play the long game and even then, he might not even have the chance to do that.
i dont know if i should make this a spoiler or not but most people here have played the game to a certain point anyway so whatever...! i speculate that we're gonna see just that... a war! sure the MC will be playin the long game as hes gonna have to make sure all his agents are in place and his influence has washed over those key individuals, but groundwork aside, we're gonna see a revolt! i feel the MC along with Nia and her freedom fighters are gonna organize the elves into an army and rebel! this may have many facets, as ive suspected for a while that the MC might throw his name into the election for mayor / governor whatever position that is that the election is being held for! from that point he would be able to gain support and start the process needed for change! once again this is the long game though and we may end up being privy to some timeskips or whatnot if this were the case.

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
humm, I am not sure, there are too many variables, if you want to upload your save, I can look, but I am not sure I know, haven't done that one in a while.

Not so far, there used to be an indicator if you got it to 50, but that's gone now. For the moment, the only number that matters is getting them to level 10, and there are only a few things where that makes a difference, as Runey didn't want people to feel like they needed to grind the stats.
I've slept on 3 or 4 nights so far after having the option to her next level, I've attached my latest save (yes I know it's version 14.1, I was hoping to finish up everything available in that version before going to the latest, but this has blocked my Lin path as I needed the lvl32 to enable some extra content)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I've slept on 3 or 4 nights so far after having the option to her next level, I've attached my latest save (yes I know it's version 14.1, I was hoping to finish up everything available in that version before going to the latest, but this has blocked my Lin path as I needed the lvl32 to enable some extra content)
My suggestion then would be to update, I loaded your save in 16.2, and it jumped straight to the scene, despite the save being in the 2nd floor's hallway.
1673236208666.png
This was where it loaded for me.

Coren

May 8, 2020
Haha, to be honest I think the most important take away is the depth and nuance of opinion and focus. I think we all have opinions about what "enough" looks like and I did say "it feels" as opposed to "he is" because I'm no stranger to missing details.

This reminds me of Deborah Chester, an author I used to read when I was younger. She had a standard of writing trilogies where it was like two books of injustice and the final book of catharsis. Her protagonists were similar in their relative powerlessness, almost caught in a whirlwind of Murphy's Law. In those books I too, had a feeling that chaos was a step away and sleep was something of a luxury. I've been in situations where it felt like the only difference between salvation and despair was knowledge and work.

In those books I had to learn it was best to just feel and let the author tell the story and, no matter what opinion I may have as to the "justice" or the "reason" of the characters or the situation, the fact that I'm even there, mentally, is testament to the craft and it will be interesting to see where this goes.

Reactions: CptValor and Runey

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
My suggestion then would be to update, I loaded your save in 16.2, and it jumped straight to the scene, despite the save being in the 2nd floor's hallway.
View attachment 2296459
This was where it loaded for me.
that's just weird, I seem to remember that one in the bar with moon and maria (done and completed that...isn't it where moon gets drunk and goes back to your room with Maria/)....it was maybe four days before that save

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
that's just weird, I seem to remember that one in the bar with moon and maria (done and completed that...isn't it where moon gets drunk and goes back to your room with Maria/)....it was maybe four days before that save
Well, the scene immediately ended, so not sure. let me look again.

The sex scene was a bit later.

some other event triggered, so I have to skip a week.

**edit**
Okay, yeah, after going through Maria's next set of events, it triggered.
1673241811847.png
Have to wait for Maria's next couple events to trigger, she needs to go and come back.

Last edited:
Reactions: torresm

Kruggov

Jun 8, 2020
Did anyone have any updates from Lain regarding the mod? I don't think we've heard anything ever since that "hey guys, I'm alive and planning something big" post on discord.

Eurec

Jun 17, 2018
How about this for a friendly tip?
It's "worse" not "worst" and "than" not "then" and the occasional punctuation can be your friend. As far as mods go, in most cases the mod version should match the game version exactly to be compatible. The only exception would be if the version was "v0.16.x" or something similar because those will usually be compatible with every "v0.16" version.
Looks like we have an other nerd who has nothing better to do "than" correct strangers's grammar

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
I'd be glad if you could explain how to change the flags. I'm sure it would help many people, too. Thanks in advance :D
Sure, let's get to it then. Keep in mind that changing flags and variables like this has the potential to mess something up, so back up your saves before attempting it in case something goes wrong.

First you're gonna have to enable the console, it's disabled by default. Look for the file "[your game folder]\renpy\common\00console.rpy", open it with a text editor (I use Notepad++) and look for the line that says "config.console = False"
Change it to "config.console = True", save it/close it then run the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Load up your save file, then press Shift + O. If everything went right, you'll see the console window over the game. The variable you want to change is called "hasniasupplies". If you type that in the console (without quotes) it'll tell you the current value, which will probably be False since you're having trouble triggering the event; type in "hasniasupplies = True" (again, no quotes) to change the value. Now in my testing, the event won't trigger on the same day by changing the flag like this, so go do something else for the day, and on the next day go visit her in the sanctuary and see if it worked.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Sure, let's get to it then. Keep in mind that changing flags and variables like this has the potential to mess something up, so back up your saves before attempting it in case something goes wrong.

First you're gonna have to enable the console, it's disabled by default. Look for the file "[your game folder]\renpy\common\00console.rpy", open it with a text editor (I use Notepad++) and look for the line that says "config.console = False"
Change it to "config.console = True", save it/close it then run the game.

Load up your save file, then press Shift + O. If everything went right, you'll see the console window over the game. The variable you want to change is called "hasniasupplies". If you type that in the console (without quotes) it'll tell you the current value, which will probably be False since you're having trouble triggering the event; type in "hasniasupplies = True" (again, no quotes) to change the value. Now in my testing, the event won't trigger on the same day by changing the flag like this, so go do something else for the day, and on the next day go visit her in the sanctuary and see if it worked.
Yeah, definitely make backups, and don't change relationship levels.

vegeta0585

Apr 19, 2020
uh I took some pics with felicity and emma, and now I have a bunch of elves I've never seen before living at hotel talking like I know who they are.

I am so confused.

It also keeps telling me to increase my relationship with Nia and wont let me go to my room. Who the fuck is Nia?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
uh I took some pics with felicity and emma, and now I have a bunch of elves I've never seen before living at hotel talking like I know who they are.

I am so confused.

It also keeps telling me to increase my relationship with Nia and wont let me go to my room. Who the fuck is Nia?
They are part of Lin's story.... You should have had to buy them. Did you edit your save, or use a cheat code? Or ignore Lin?

Last edited:

vegeta0585

Apr 19, 2020
They are part of Lin's story.... You should have had to buy them. Did you edit your save, or use a cheat code? Or ignore Lin?
I've done neither of those things. I walked downstairs, some elf was on my couch, the one I met earlier in Lin's story. Sylvia. She mentioned someone named Ann, some cops came in and got stabbed in the eyeball by the faries, they said Sylvia went back to her shed. I'm assumin the sancutary I built, which is empty.

The cutscene seems like a followup from the earlier one when the gang members came, but I have no idea why some of these characters are here. Never saw Sylvia again after the first time.

edit* also the only elf I've even had the option to buy is Jin. all the rest say coming soon.

edit2* 1673312586662.png wasn't lin's story anyway I was doing it seems.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I've done neither of those things. I walked downstairs, some elf was on my couch, the one I met earlier in Lin's story. Sylvia. She mentioned someone named Ann, some cops came in and got stabbed in the eyeball by the faries, they said Sylvia went back to her shed. I'm assumin the sancutary I built, which is empty.

The cutscene seems like a followup from the earlier one when the gang members came, but I have no idea why some of these characters are here. Never saw Sylvia again after the first time.

edit* also the only elf I've even had the option to buy is Jin. all the rest say coming soon.

edit2* View attachment 2299157 wasn't lin's story anyway I was doing it seems.
Yeah, by the sounds of it, you focused on F&E and didn't keep up with the others.
That last F&E event likely assumes that you kept everyone up.

4.70 star(s) 449 Votes