shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Anyone else getting nonstop errors? I started a brand new game with a fresh install, and every time I enter Kali's room on day 2 it gives me an error that traps me in her dialogue, something about 'ho_kali_goth not recognized'. Can't ignore, can't rollback, crashes every time. : /
Previous person with nearly an identical error had a mod enabled - which of course isn't updated yet for this version. Are you using mods?

Reactions: TheDevian

Cedroc1701

Mar 1, 2022
I guess this a good place as any to ask this question, but why aren't torrents linked with other download sources directly on the first post? These guys reliably make torrents of every game I look for, and one always have to dig page after page to find their links.
You can go directly to their main DL page here:
Make a dummy account and sign in, then you can search the title of the game and download the torrent; it's by far the best way to acquire games from here

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
No, no mods. Fresh install, brand new game, that's it.
Prolly need more details: such as how you extracted / downloaded it. How long the file pathing is, etc.

I have a fresh download of v16 with a fresh start save and I've encountered no errors. I also use no mods or anything that touches files, so it's a vanilla install. Something borked in your files, but would need more info to guess what.

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
Settle down people, it is still technically the tail end of Thanskgiving weekend after all and Ashram no doubt has at least somewhat of a life outside this website. (I think I've seen him mention a wife and kids before, but I could be wrong.) If he doesn't even see that the game has been updated until some time tomorrow, big deal, it's not like there isn't plenty of other stuff to jerk off to on this site alone.

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
not a bug or anything, but this poker cards are somewhat really weird lol

1669588043707.png
an 8 with 10 drawn spades, a 2 and a 5 both with 9 drawn hearts????? the number in the card corner and the number figures it should be the same lol this cards aren't normal lol

First MC hand has the same problem.

Btw, I don't know myself but isn't poker played with only 1 full deck of 52 different cards. If so, 10 of clubs in the table shouldn't exist lol MC hand already have that one.

MC second hand and table cards same problem.

Last edited:

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
is there any way to get the new content without redownloading the whole game? 11gb is a bit much
Yes, just use the patch.

11.5 gbs....................is WAY too much just to experience the new content.
You don't need to?

Is there any alternative route with Jin other than getting her off the drugs that make her hot? I'd rather she take more than less.
Yeah you can definitely choose to not take her off the drugs and future content with her will be supported.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Anyone else getting nonstop errors? I started a brand new game with a fresh install, and every time I enter Kali's room on day 2 it gives me an error that traps me in her dialogue, something about 'ho_kali_goth not recognized'. Can't ignore, can't rollback, crashes every time. : /
The installation process was corrupted.

V16 feedback.
Note: none of this is stuff I expect to be fixed, changed or presented as the proper way, just my suggestions / feedback in the event you want it.

Caliber city:
-- I dig the new areas and I especially like seeing some of the minor characters earlier in the story. Giving the MC a bit more personality / history is nice even if it removes the "insert player as PC" (but since this has become far more VN since it's inception, not really much critique).
-- Navigation needs better wording. "Continue" tells you jack shit about what you're continuing and you use it not once, but twice. Yet for each area you move onto, you use "return to X" to go backwards. Maybe this is a nitpick, but I think "move to X" would flow better than just using "continue".
-- Police bot was amusing, but not sure if it fits the theme that an object of enforcement also works part time for tourist questions and amusing quips.
-- Making money seemed nice, I used no cheats this round to see what money issues I would run into and focused solely on what the city offered to offset my early income. However with my knowledge of the game, not sure if it mattered. I bought the initial required story items as prompted, bought the bar and as I was saving up for the 2nd floor was given story money, which I then unlocked everything else. Waited 2-3 (focused on maxing out all girl's exhibition) in-game weeks, bought all costumes / hotel upgrades / elf at once for every girl and still had money left over.

Hotel changes:
-- Being able to call the girls back to their room from the lounge. Kudos.
-- Love the night-time outfits. Would request when you have time and energy to add those as an available costume option when you sneak into their rooms. Bit dis-jointed when you visit, see them in one outfit and even their nude option doesn't match up. Nitpick though, since I know that requires re-rendering scenes with the changes.

Minor bug:
-- Sleep with had no menu options after the twins were high enough in affection to join the list. Not sure what the cause was, after a while it repopulated. My initial thought is it was tied to the event with Maria's brief absence but I'm honestly not sure. It didn't work, then a few days later it did. /shrug

That's all I've encountered so far, but I'm still working my way to catching up to v16 since this was a fresh run.
Why do you think the player insert aspect was removed from MC? I didn't try to do that at all.

You Continue to the same place every time, so I would think it makes plenty of sense.

Sounds like the economy is doing better though!

Yeah, I would like to add nude and pajama outfits to sex.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
not a bug or anything, but this poker cards are somewhat really weird lol

View attachment 2198473
an 8 with 10 drawn spades, a 2 and a 5 both with 9 drawn hearts?????
MC hand has the same problem.

Btw, I don't know myself but isn't poker played with only 1 full deck of 52 different cards. If so, 10 of clubs in the table shouldn't exist lol MC hand already have that one.

MC next hand and table cards same problem.
Yeah, no one caught that during development so It will stay like that until someone who knows how to photoshop can help.

DragonMatt

Aug 17, 2021
I am trying to get the patch but it is an endless cycle of click this and it leads you here then click that and it sends you right back to where you was before.

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
I am glad that high compressed image file types like webp were developed lol otherwise we would really need super gigantic hard drives to be able to save everything we had lol

just to make sure the best image format type, with the lowest size disk space but with the best img quality right now is the WEBP format, right? Or it still is JPEG?

its weird if it still is jpeg because the most recommended format to use in websites is webp.

Reactions: Runey

DragonMatt

Aug 17, 2021
DragonMatt said:
I have basically hit a point in the game where I can't progress due to an error. I have no idea how to fix it or what caused it. Even updating to the newest version didn't help so I guess I will have to spend the next 10 hrs reinstalling it from the beginning.
Hard to say, when you don't tell us what the problem is.

Yes I did I posted the error code in post a little ways back for the post you replied to. If you don't believe me look here: https://f95zone.to/threads/harem-hotel-v0-16-runey.12760/post-9481060

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I am trying to get the patch but it is an endless cycle of click this and it leads you here then click that and it sends you right back to where you was before.
I am not sure which link you clicked to download the game, but it's not one I've ever seen.

Hard to say, when you don't tell us what the problem is.

Yes I did I posted the error code in post a little ways back for the post you replied to. If you don't believe me look here: https://f95zone.to/threads/harem-hotel-v0-16-runey.12760/post-9481060
It seems like you cheated, or variables were adjusted beyond what should be possible. The easiest way to fix this is to load a point before these changes occurred or start a new save.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I am glad that high compressed image file types like webp were developed lol otherwise we would really need super gigantic hard drives to be able to save everything we had lol

just to make sure the best image format type, with the lowest size disk space but with the best img quality right now is the WEBP format, right? Or it still is JPEG?

its weird if it still is jpeg because the most recommended format to use in websites is webp.
webp by far, and it keeps better quality than jpg.

png is best for quality and color.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Harem Hotel [v0.16] [Runey] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 10,69 GB / 3,24 GB - Harem_Hotel-v0.16-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 10,66 GB / 3,21 GB - Harem_Hotel-v0.16-mac-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Upd.: 1,17 GB / 421 MB - Harem_Hotel-v0.16-update-crunched.7z
= ~30,3% of the original size, image/video quality 80% (png 90%)/60%

Download (PC*/Mac/Update): -
Download (PC*):
-
Download (Mac):
-
Download (Update): -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(y) My compressious likeses! (y) Give them to us you filthy little pervertses! :p

This compression is unofficial and untested, use it at your own risk.
The compressing process reduces the quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

DragonMatt

Aug 17, 2021
I am not sure which link you clicked to download the game, but it's not one I've ever seen.

It seems like you cheated, or variables were adjusted beyond what should be possible. The easiest way to fix this is to load a point before these changes occurred or start a new save.
I click the patch link posted in Extras. It sends me to a post you made for patch upgrade .14 and higher. So I click that link and it sends me back to the OP.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes