Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
TheDevian I'm dyslexic myself so I feel ya!. had a few issues with some of the Riddles myself thanks to it.
Something that makes me fell a bit better is a quote someone once told me!... "Dyslexics of the world UNTIE!".
(I always believed that was how your spelt Unite, Until i wrote a novel after a teacher told me I couldn't do it!.
Well Bitch I did do it... I just cant get published because of all the spelling and grammar problems Dyslexia brings ) :cry:

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
TheDevian I'm dyslexic myself so I feel ya!. had a few issues with some of the Riddles myself thanks to it.
Something that makes me fell a bit better is a quote someone once told me!... "Dyslexics of the world UNTIE!".
(I always believed that was how your spelt Unite, Until i wrote a novel after a teacher told me I couldn't do it!.
Well Bitch I did do it... I just cant get published because of all the spelling and grammar problems Dyslexia brings ) :cry:
Yeah, I run 2-3 spell checkers at any given time. First I wrote poems, then stories, now games. XD

I may not believe in dog, but I am fine with dog-girls.
Doggy style.jpg

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
How do you make those images? I mean, I don't recall that particular image from the game even though I recall a scene like it. Or is my memory just broken?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
How do you make those images? I mean, I don't recall that particular image from the game even though I recall a scene like it. Or is my memory just broken?
That was from when you first buy her that outfit.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
why we can't hurt that bitch doctor? simple face slap, please? :)
The doctor is just following the law, it's Cornwall that deserves all of our wrath. Honestly, torches and pitchforks is a weak response to this with how widespread and bad the issue has gotten. Too weak to suffice. I would REALLY love a nuclear option right about now, and I DO mean actual nukes in game. However, that brings up two distinct issues. The first, where in the hell is the MC going to get them when those would be strictly prohibited by any nation due to their destructive power and Cornwall, the guy he wants to nuke, is the highest authority in the area. The second, it would catch A LOT of innocent people, including every single Elf not in one of the elven settlements, in the blast area, not just Cornwall. I'm fine going out myself if it takes him with me and any volunteers, which would likely be just the sanctuary elves, Lin, Jin, Hana, Ashley, and Maria along with any outsiders convinced to stay within the blast zone to assist that may or may not include those darker skinned elves that live as a tribal society, can choose for themselves. I wouldn't stop them if they chose to stay. I am NOT fine, however, with taking innocent lives without those lives being volunteered by the person whose life it is. All that said, this is just my absolute rage speaking. Maria and the others don't deserve that kind of treatment. Even if they are inferior by law, which also pisses me off, they could still be treated in a way that doesn't involve unnecessarily violent actions.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
The doctor is just following the law, it's Cornwall that deserves all of our wrath. Honestly, torches and pitchforks is a weak response to this with how widespread and bad the issue has gotten. Too weak to suffice. I would REALLY love a nuclear option right about now, and I DO mean actual nukes in game. However, that brings up two distinct issues. The first, where in the hell is the MC going to get them when those would be strictly prohibited by any nation due to their destructive power and Cornwall, the guy he wants to nuke, is the highest authority in the area. The second, it would catch A LOT of innocent people, including every single Elf not in one of the elven settlements, in the blast area, not just Cornwall. I'm fine going out myself if it takes him with me and any volunteers, which would likely be just the sanctuary elves, Lin, Jin, Hana, Ashley, and Maria along with any outsiders convinced to stay within the blast zone to assist that may or may not include those darker skinned elves that live as a tribal society, can choose for themselves. I wouldn't stop them if they chose to stay. I am NOT fine, however, with taking innocent lives without those lives being volunteered by the person whose life it is. All that said, this is just my absolute rage speaking. Maria and the others don't deserve that kind of treatment. Even if they are inferior by law, which also pisses me off, they could still be treated in a way that doesn't involve unnecessarily violent actions.
No, have to disagree with you there, the nurse was not 'just following her job', she could have been nice about it, but she chose to be the biggest bitch humanly possible. She could have come in and explained what happened and done what needed to be done, but no, she called in armed guards, threatening us and causing physical and emotional harm to everyone involved.

Cornwall, while not fully on the right side, is at least helping in some ways. He is improving, and he is helping to improve the lives of some, even if he is not going near far enough. He does what he does based on political calculations and what he thinks he can get away with based on many factors.

The nurse was just an ugly Karen who was full of hate and loved to take that out on anyone she considered 'lesser' than her. She was not doing that because she was forced, she did not show any remorse, she wanted to do it that way, and enjoyed every minute of it.

Also, 'just following orders' is the last line of defense for the indefensible, and not a legal defense against things like war crimes.

Last edited:

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
No, have to disagree with you there, the nurse was not 'just following her job', she could have been nice about it, but she chose to be the biggest bitch humanly possible. She could have come in and explained what happened and done what needed to be done, but no, she called in armed guards, threatening us and causing physical and emotional harm to everyone involved.

Cornwall, while not fully on the right side, is at least helping in some ways. He is improving, and he is helping to improve the lives of some, even if he is not going near far enough. He does what he does based on political calculations and what he thinks he can get away with based on many factors.

The nurse was just an ugly Karen who was full of hate and loved to take that out on anyone she considered 'lesser' than her. She was not doing that because she was forced, she did not show any remorse, she wanted to do it that way, and enjoyed every minute of it.

Also, 'just following orders' is the last line of defense for the indefensible, and not a legal defense against things like war crimes.
The Nurse represents how quite a few people feel about Elves and half-Elves. After playing the update, I decided to restart the game. Runey drops some major foreshadowing of this even before Maria's "sister" is introduced. The sister is waving some major red flags upon arrival, when you look back. Felicity and Emma also show some of the structural racism (speciesism?) inherent in the system when they talk about thier past treatment of Ashley, connecting her poverty and dirtiness with being raised by an elf. They also show that the upper class they come from sees Elves as too low to allow for jobs inside the home. Based on all of that, the Nurse seems to represent a solid chunk of the viewpoint. We also know that Vanessa shows there are people who oppose the status quo, the fake queen knows she is s fraud, existing to give hope when there is none, but encourages Lin to fight the system anyway. Changing the system is not hopeless in that world, but it is a very big uphill climb.

Reactions: Runey

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
At a risk of starting a flame war that's one thing about modern law that I just can't ever support or understand.

I mean, the law is the law and the rules are rules. And there are consequences for not obeying them. And whilst you certainly don't have to be so gleefully evil about it as the doctor in that scene I can simply not understand or agree with any standard of "justice" that would put a person in a situation where it's either obey and be punished or disobey and be punished.

I just don't see any justice in putting people in that sort of damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

This said, this doctor did, as I say, get out of line and enjoy every minute of it and thus deserves to be raped by fire elementals or some such.

Reactions: Konstantinus

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
At a risk of starting a flame war that's one thing about modern law that I just can't ever support or understand.

I mean, the law is the law and the rules are rules. And there are consequences for not obeying them. And whilst you certainly don't have to be so gleefully evil about it as the doctor in that scene I can simply not understand or agree with any standard of "justice" that would put a person in a situation where it's either obey and be punished or disobey and be punished.

I just don't see any justice in putting people in that sort of damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

This said, this doctor did, as I say, get out of line and enjoy every minute of it and thus deserves to be raped by fire elementals or some such.
first you're kind of equivocating here. The nurse was not just "following the law" she was taking sadistic pleasure in enforcing the law and has clearly internalized the idea that elves are less than human.
Regardless, laws are not ethics. Laws are not inherently moral, or immoral for that matter. Laws are an agreement between the governing and the governed to follow some rule.
They work because everyone agrees they work. When they are unjust or immoral some people start to realize it is immoral and unjust to continue to agree to follow those laws. That's what civil disobedience is all about
And while people are usually not punished retroactively for following unjust or immoral laws if and when those laws change; they shouldn't be let off the hook morally or ethically for failing to see that the laws they were following were wrong

imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
first you're kind of equivocating here. The nurse was not just "following the law" she was taking sadistic pleasure in enforcing the law and has clearly internalized the idea that elves are less than human.
Regardless, laws are not ethics. Laws are not inherently moral, or immoral for that matter. Laws are an agreement between the governing and the governed to follow some rule.
why cannot the MC use the law against said sadist? she knew the property was no longer the states and had not been for many hours and actively harmed said property in front of its rightful and lawful owner, then made threats when he demanded she cease.
In a law abiding fashion, the MC can file a formal complaint, and file suit against her and the gov't division/company she represents. emotional trauma, abuse under color of authority, vandalism, property damage, etc.
and since he is personally involved with one of the wealthiest and most powerful families in the world; AND ALL of his children reside with the MC... I'm thinking the dr/nurse gets the axe at the VERY least.
the facts as they are are on MCs side, Maria [the property] voluntarily came to the location for the testing having no reason to think she was a criminal, as no adult when she was a minor indicated anything otherwise; and released her unto the world when she aged out of the foster system. so if there is a fault it can be argued it is the state's fault.
she surrendered to authorities immediately, and was purchased within minutes of being made available, despite them doing so in dead of night, a highly suspect procedure in and of itself as gov't / bankers hours would appear to be the norm for business.

So if it were me [and I am the MC in my game] i would eagerly pursue such an avenue. not to mention this would set precedence for such things; after all isn't the new Mrs. Trenero a half-breed herself? was she treated so cruelly?

Reactions: Konstantinus

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
The Nurse represents how quite a few people feel about Elves and half-Elves. After playing the update, I decided to restart the game. Runey drops some major foreshadowing of this even before Maria's "sister" is introduced. The sister is waving some major red flags upon arrival, when you look back. Felicity and Emma also show some of the structural racism (speciesism?) inherent in the system when they talk about thier past treatment of Ashley, connecting her poverty and dirtiness with being raised by an elf. They also show that the upper class they come from sees Elves as too low to allow for jobs inside the home. Based on all of that, the Nurse seems to represent a solid chunk of the viewpoint. We also know that Vanessa shows there are people who oppose the status quo, the fake queen knows she is s fraud, existing to give hope when there is none, but encourages Lin to fight the system anyway. Changing the system is not hopeless in that world, but it is a very big uphill climb.
While I admit, I have not had time to replay the newly remade content, I saw most of this coming a mile away. I was honestly surprised by how many were caught off guard by it.

That said, just because most people in their world feel that way, doesn't mean that she was not taking undue pleasure in the abuse and deserved to be put in her place. Saying that it is okay because most people also hate elves is a fallacy called argumentum ad populum. In other words, just because something is popular, doesn't make it correct.

Just because something is legal, doesn't make it right.

This is in place, so that people who see injustice have more than simply a moral reason to point it out. Laws are only laws, if most agree on it, and people are willing to enforce them.

For example, there are some places here where it is illegal to have sex with anyone who is not your spouse in any position other than missionary, but no one is arrested for it, because no one will enforce it (except in extreme cases where they use it as an excuse). It is a stupid law, that needs to be repealed, but no one is willing to go on record to do it, so they just ignore them.

Reactions: c3p0 and Runey

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
why cannot the MC use the law against said sadist? she knew the property was no longer the states and had not been for many hours and actively harmed said property in front of its rightful and lawful owner, then made threats when he demanded she cease.
In a law abiding fashion, the MC can file a formal complaint, and file suit against her and the gov't division/company she represents. emotional trauma, abuse under color of authority, vandalism, property damage, etc.
You are the dirty lawbreaker, not her. She's doing her job, and loving every second of it. You never registered Maria even though she's heavily connected to you. An unregistered slave is much like a dog or cat on the side of a street without a collar (except worse), where you're essentially allowed to pick it up and adopt it if they aren't owned. That's what the doctor did to Her. Anyone could have, but she's in a position of power and was there at the right place and time (because of her job).

As she says, you're lucky you don't get a fine for hosting an unregistered slave.

and since he is personally involved with one of the wealthiest and most powerful families in the world; AND ALL of his children reside with the MC... I'm thinking the dr/nurse gets the axe at the VERY least.
I'm actually adding a new option for v0.12.3 during Maria's event. After picking up Kali's phone, you can either give cornwall a piece of your mind like usual or ask Trenero for help. This will clear up some confusion hopefully. He's not willing to help you because he's a mayor of the biggest city on the other side of the world. It would be political suicide to go free elves, or get involved with that situation. Syl'anar's government would likely get involved and things become escalated. So that's why he refuses any help.

the facts as they are are on MCs side, Maria [the property] voluntarily came to the location for the testing having no reason to think she was a criminal, as no adult when she was a minor indicated anything otherwise; and released her unto the world when she aged out of the foster system. so if there is a fault it can be argued it is the state's fault.
she surrendered to authorities immediately, and was purchased within minutes of being made available, despite them doing so in dead of night, a highly suspect procedure in and of itself as gov't / bankers hours would appear to be the norm for business.

So if it were me [and I am the MC in my game] i would eagerly pursue such an avenue. not to mention this would set precedence for such things; after all isn't the new Mrs. Trenero a half-breed herself? was she treated so cruelly?
Your assessment may be true in a world like ours, but not this one. They don't see elves or half elves as people. The system is going to see a human bringing in an unregistered half elf for a medical procedure and see the illegality. It's bullshit, and you're not meant to like it.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
It's like nobody here read my post at all. Nobody. I explicitly made that clear in my post that this doctor was being a monster.

All I am saying is that UNLESS you act like that there needs to be some nuance to who we condemn. We can't put people like her and someone who knows things are wrong but is just doing their job and keeping their heads down trying to not do any more harm than they have to on the same legal standing.

There simply needs to be a way that a person can present self preservation as a defense for doing something that is wrong. Otherwise you put people in a position where there is no way out. And that is fundamentally unjust because every person has a duty to their own self preservation first and foremost above and beyond any other moral considerations.

So instead of having it like we do today where it does not matter what you did, you get screwed, we should instead have a standard where only those that willingly and happily participated in the system (like our doctor here) get screwed and those who were forced to go along with it don't.

Last edited:
May 26, 2018
While I admit, I have not had time to replay the newly remade content, I saw most of this coming a mile away. I was honestly surprised by how many were caught off guard by it.
I have to admit, the events with Maria surprised the HELL out of me. It also upset me enough that I almost totally gave up on this game.

That being said, I am hoping that sometime within the story this attitudes regarding Elves and Half-Elves will eventually be capable of changing, and that the sadistic bastards who profited from the system will be served as they deserve.

Runey, I hope you are not planning any more of those kinds of surprises for us. It would be VERY disappointing considering I have used your game as an example of a great game and - while it takes a while, an example of somewhat decent update times.

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes