Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
someone know when the public version is out Runey sayd july but not early or late july ?
When in doubt, check my patreon. I make a development announcement post every time a new version begins development. At the bottom of this post is always the estimated release date, and it hasn't changed.

Reactions: TheDevian

anon1012

May 25, 2018
Hi, haven't checked this thread since the last update. I'm a bit carefull now with looking at the new content postes by Runey.
Could anyone tell me if Runey released info about the next update being a bit happier and resolving issues rather than making the situation even more grim?
I like the grim parts as much as the happy parts but I'd rather skip a few updates untill some of the more depressing storylines are resolved (with a happy ending hopefully).

QuestorNo1

Feb 24, 2020
Hi, haven't checked this thread since the last update. I'm a bit carefull now with looking at the new content postes by Runey.
Could anyone tell me if Runey released info about the next update being a bit happier and resolving issues rather than making the situation even more grim?
I like the grim parts as much as the happy parts but I'd rather skip a few updates untill some of the more depressing storylines are resolved (with a happy ending hopefully).
Look 3 posts above yours for a hint to the answero_O

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
When a heavy event happens, I wouldn't follow it up with another equally heavy event. Stories are a rollercoaster, and it wouldn't make sense to keep you at a steady level, that's just not fun. Typically in a rollercoaster, there are ups and downs, twists and turns. So when you reach one of those points, you should expect it to begin leaning in the opposite direction.

This is on a per character basis. I'm assuming you're mostly talking about Maria here, so you can be sure that her events are moving in the opposite direction of what just happened, emotionally speaking.

Likewise with Lin, she's getting some romance, sex, and a date.

Feb 5, 2021
When a heavy event happens, I wouldn't follow it up with another equally heavy event. Stories are a rollercoaster, and it wouldn't make sense to keep you at a steady level, that's just not fun. Typically in a rollercoaster, there are ups and downs, twists and turns. So when you reach one of those points, you should expect it to begin leaning in the opposite direction.

This is on a per character basis. I'm assuming you're mostly talking about Maria here, so you can be sure that her events are moving in the opposite direction of what just happened, emotionally speaking.

Likewise with Lin, she's getting some romance, sex, and a date.
I have question. You said that for 0.13 "My plan is to include at least 3 events per side character while giving the main characters 1 story event". My question is: who counts as main character and who counts as side character? I'm really hoping for more Sylvia and Nia content

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I have question. You said that for 0.13 "My plan is to include at least 3 events per side character while giving the main characters 1 story event". My question is: who counts as main character and who counts as side character? I'm really hoping for more Sylvia and Nia content
The girls who have rooms are main characters, their friends and family are the side characters (or other like Moon or Ellen).

Yes, Nia/Sui and Sylvia have new scenes coming.

Reactions: Runey

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
So the sanctuary girls count as main characters?
They're side characters. By "have rooms" they meant they're an official maid or primary tenant in the hotel, the characters with full stat sheets. So, Lin, Kali, Ashley, Maria, Android, Felicity, Emma, and Autumn are the current main characters. Side characters that already have events would be Ellen, Jin, Lucia, Hana, Kate, Moon, Nia, and Sylvia. I would assume that Runey adding more events to side characters in v0.13 would be limited to the ones I listed.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Depending on how big of a transfusion, there could be traces I guess... but it would have to be an awful lot to show as much as half elf I would think. But then, I don't really know how all that works, most DNA test I see now days use a mouth swab I thought, so would not be affected anyway... lol

On the other hand, we already have CRISPER in our world, and theirs has much better tech than we do, so maybe something like that could be done...? It could be one way to extend some of the human's in the harem's lives, instead of turning them all into cyborgs. XD
Even then, they would need paperwork to show that the person got a transfusion from an elf just so there are no humans that bring up a false positive as far as the law. Assuming they do have a system for that, a human who then reads as having enough elven DNA to be enslaved would still not be eligible because it was only through a transfusion that this happened. The effect would then go away over time as the elven blood is replaced through the human body's natural cycle and they would read as they would have without the transfusion on any test once that happens.

That's a good point as well. IIRC the scene used a blood sample, correct me if I am wrong. But realistically a followup test based on a mouth swab or something would also clear things right up.

Possibly. But that would require adding unclean dirty inferior elven DNA into proper humans. So no self respecting person would accept it...

Ain't it just depressing how entire avenues of research that could benefit mankind as a whole get snuffed out due to the stupidity of racism? And this isn't like even something that's explicitly said. It's something we came up by thinking about the game and its world.

Why, it's almost as if the game dev is trying to teach us something?
Oh, the people who did this definitely would. They are power hungry and that hunger is threatened by death as well. People who gain this hunger tend to be willing to do whatever it takes to keep that power for as long as possible. If they have to use 'inferior' DNA to do that, it would just end up a dirty little secret. People like that are mostly hypocrites who say something is bad and then do it themselves anyway behind the backs of their supporters.

I'll be satisfied if I can have my 13 babies with Ash and at least match that with Lin.
Someone's thinking small picture, I'd settle for no less than 15 each, the entire harem. No girl goes without, no girl falls short of 15. Two extra just because I have a thing against staying with any number that doesn't end in 0 or 5, my programming experience did that to me, it's a good practice in that case, not so much in everyday life. :p

when pregnancy gets implemented will we have to take care of the kid

because that sounds exhausting even in a game
Probably not considering the type of game.

You mean you aren't excited for the fully interactive 3D rendered HD super realistic diaper changing minigame that triggers once per baby per day period?
At 15 per girl for the entire harem, might as well change the whole game to that. I'd never get the chance to leave the room. :ROFLMAO:

Naaaah, I want a full tamagochi like baby care system.
Forget romance, forget fun, just babies now.
Sex? No time! Gotta change that diaper.
Sleep? Pft, just change your diet to pure coffee beans and inject caffeine straight into you veins!

But in all seriousness, if we gonna have pregnancy, I'd prefer something more then just the few big belly scenes then the baby disappears into some side abyss.

Also, I think people are forgetting who in the end is gonna be paying for the little clones...
Imagine at the end if the week, like we're getting the bar report, you'd get a baby cost report that would increase with each new baby....x.x
In all seriousness, that would be crazy to implement, by which I mean extremely difficult for the resources Runey has at hand.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes