DigDug69

Engaged Member
Jun 29, 2019
It was the beta version

also I've been getting this

View attachment 3987786

Here are my current relationship levels

View attachment 3987788
The beta version was broken and never supposed to have been posted here in the first place, because of bugs.
Delete all save files made with it, and delete the game folder and re extract the game from the v018 official release rar file.
You can't use any saves made with the broken beta, and you do not want any of its files remaining in the game folder.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Fauno36

silkysoco

Jan 26, 2022
Not sure if this is a bug or not......

If you are sleeping with someone at night, in my case Lin, work towards building the garden does not happen. As in, the initial, creation of the $500/600 option.

Morning BJ's don't seem to make a difference though.

Something to look out for if you're starting a new save w/ 0.18.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I'm having a lot of issues coming from the v18 beta, and I lost all my saves from earlier version because my ssd died. Guess I'm starting over.
If your save was saved during the beta, it is broken, you will need one from 17.2 or older.
Error when going to sleep
If your save was saved during the beta, it is broken, you will need one from 17.2 or older.
So, is it really safe to use a save from the last version that was modded?
I really like this game, but having to start over, and farming money and points again just makes me sad.
Yes, if you are talking about 17.2, then you should be fine, just don't add the old mod.

Reactions: DigDug69

Cristianmrvzla

Sep 3, 2023
Is anyone having the same problem as me downloading gofile, the page does not download, it tells me an internet connection error, but I have WFT internet?

troublex2

Jul 31, 2018
That literally doesn't answer the questions I asked about your usage of the beta. You moving to the full copy with a busted save could explain your issues. If you have a fresh new install and control skipped to that point of your error to get through the content that fast, then I don't know what the issue is. You'll need to provide the actual error messages / logs and perhaps someone can help clarify what the issue is.

I'm not sure if there's been any solid details on the 18th spot for a long while now. I want to say the last time it was discussed Runey said it was someone we already knew, but I might be remembering that convo wrong. If it is, that limits the choices down fairly considerably with my money currently on Eris(fits the tropes of helping people, has Elven blood and is being persecuted for it).
its a brand new game with no previous saves. i did say that between the 2 posts the first post i said that i had to start over because i lost my save and the second post said that it was a brand new download.

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/Garden/GardenScripts.rpy", line 341, in <module>
File "game/scripts/Garden/GardenUtils.rpy", line 70, in parse_version_string
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'groupdict'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 19149, in script call
File "script.rpyc", line 18924, in script call
File "scripts/lobby_script.rpyc", line 186, in script call
File "script.rpyc", line 4636, in script call
File "scripts/computer.rpyc", line 138, in script call
File "scripts/Garden/GardenScripts.rpyc", line 340, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/scripts/Garden/GardenScripts.rpy", line 341, in <module>
File "game/scripts/Garden/GardenUtils.rpy", line 70, in parse_version_string
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'groupdict'

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Harem Hotel v0.18-BETA-3
Sat Aug 31 21:40:35 2024
```

Amnezziia

Feb 27, 2023
So, I'm probably dumb, but how do we continue Jin story in 0.18? I'm at level 5/10 and I have the yellow exclamation mark next to her name. I just don't know where or how I can begin the next event.

DigDug69

Engaged Member
Jun 29, 2019
I love it when one of these projects starts over from scratch making it take even longer for it to be finish.
This game did not start over from scratch, and only a few scenes early on in the game were redone.
You don't even need to replay the game to see those scenes, because you can access the revamped content in the MC's room.

The reason for the delay is because Runey's father passed away, while Runey was preparing to move to the U.K., and add to that, that Runey was the one who had to deal with all of his estate issues.

69bluetooth69

Apr 22, 2020
So I can go to the park and get gardening supplies but I can't actually do any gardening/farming or do any new events with Jin, what am I supposed to do to trigger this?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
So, I'm probably dumb, but how do we continue Jin story in 0.18? I'm at level 5/10 and I have the yellow exclamation mark next to her name. I just don't know where or how I can begin the next event.
So I can go to the park and get gardening supplies but I can't actually do any gardening/farming or do any new events with Jin, what am I supposed to do to trigger this?
From what I hear, there might be a bug with it, I will let you guys know if I hear more.

Joe Banana

Feb 5, 2018
Did you go to Ellen and purchase the upgrade to clean up the garden? (And more importantly, did you notice the clickable door at the garden, cuz I sure as hell didn't at first...)

DigDug69

Engaged Member
Jun 29, 2019
You need to make at least one save point, if this is your first time playing it.
After that go to the Harem Hotel folder, and open it.
You will see a folder named Game, open it.
You will see the save folder in there, if you had any save points in the game.
Just copy and paste the files in there.

4.70 star(s) 460 Votes