Unreal Engine Abandoned Harem Maker [v0.021] [PandaBrah]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

PandaBrah

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
Maybe I did something wrong but... why are there no textures to the girl? Also, the character editor has no character lighting and the characters are surrounded by darkness, making it impossible to see anything.

Idk if it's a bug but if the first thing you do is press "Mon" (when you're in the room) you get softlocked with no further options. Managed to get to the subway and do the groping but the Kiss animation is terribly bugged and I don't know how to exit said scene. I've been clicking for about 5 min. and haven't found a way to do so, gonna try to force another resolution cause the game automatically enters fullscreen and seems like the resolution is bigger than what my monitor can handle, maybe that's why I can't exit stuff.

Gonna be trying a bit more stuff to see how much more there is despite the textures not showing haha any workaround for that issue, tho?

Also it may sound like a rant but it's mostly a description of the issues I've found, I'm not Karening hahaha

I apologize. I'll repackage the game today and take a look at some of the warnings I receive. These issues don't appear in the editor so something has to be failing between those two points. On the bright side I've made a lot of progress with the character editor.

My goal by the end of the week is to have completed that and to have resolved all of the problems that you mentioned.

I'm having the same thing but abit different.

For me the lighting seems to have no limit and it just keeps getting brighter and brighter as if the textures alpha channel is just layering on it's self over and over again, My game just eventually turns my Monitor into a sun lamp.
Ran into similar lighting issues on two sections of the map though it didn't keep getting brighter indefinitely. On the upside they were resolved after I checked the low quality option on the settings menu. Unfortunately it doesn't reset so until I repackage it's stuck in potato mode. I'll be able to take a look at the lighting issues again after repackaging though I already have a few theories on what's going.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2017
I apologize. I'll repackage the game today and take a look at some of the warnings I receive. These issues don't appear in the editor so something has to be failing between those two points. On the bright side I've made a lot of progress with the character editor.

My goal by the end of the week is to have completed that and to have resolved all of the problems that you mentioned.

Ran into similar lighting issues on two sections of the map though it didn't keep getting brighter indefinitely. On the upside they were resolved after I checked the low quality option on the settings menu. Unfortunately it doesn't reset so until I repackage it's stuck in potato mode. I'll be able to take a look at the lighting issues again after repackaging though I already have a few theories on what's going.

Yeah if anything I'd just like more information like controls and so on it took me a few minutes to realise I could even move the character in the street.
Also being able to turn 'low quality' back off would be nice for me once you ticked it, it stuck on and returning to the options menu doesn't seem to resolve that.

I do see this game having the potential though and will definitly stick around to see how it develops.

PandaBrah

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
Yeah if anything I'd just like more information like controls and so on it took me a few minutes to realise I could even move the character in the street.
I'll actually be releasing a PDF guide once more of the mechanics become relevant in the next major update. Right now the PC's controlled with the four arrow keys; up arrow to move away from the screen, down to move towards it, and left and right to move the character towards those respective directions. H-scene camera controls are more or less the same but you'll go whichever direction the camera is facing, up and down included; you can drag the camera view by holding down the left mouse button and moving the mouse and can zoom in with the mouse wheel.

Also being able to turn 'low quality' back off would be nice for me once you ticked it, it stuck on and returning to the options menu doesn't seem to resolve that.
Definitely. I had actually just assumed that the quality level would be reset from opening and closing the game but that didn't end up being the case. I'll introduce two more options for medium and high visual quality soon; I also intend to have the game determine the player's specs as soon the title screen loads and adjust accordingly.

I do see this game having the potential though and will definitly stick around to see how it develops.
Thank you for your interest; I appreciate it.

I'm in same situation. Big amount games on Unity or Unreal Engine 4 didn't have +30 fps on lowes or extra low settings. And i hate bloom. It's only drop fps.
Same. I'm trying to make things as accessible as possible so I'll be adding windowed view as well. Thanks for the support.

PandaBrah

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
New version's up (v0.02).

Changelog
-fixed texture bug (textures weren't appearing on characters)
-fixed lighting bug (lighting kept getting extremely bright in certain areas)
-fixed character editor lighting issue (characters could not be seen in editor)
-fixed fade to black effect (previously didn't fully cover the screen)
-fixed defective cameras in village
-fixed kissing animation bug
-fixed Monday button bug
-fixed missing h-scene exit button bug
-game will now autodetect system specs and apply optimal settings
-visual quality can now be changed manually from the Setting's menu (low, medium, high)
-finished editor basics; both male and female characters can now be modified. New gakuran outfit for male characters. Hair style choices are spiky and pompadour. Hair color choices are brown and black. Eye color choices are blue and black. Initial release's placeholder is still present for the blazer outfit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shealt

Fraydon

Apr 22, 2019
New version's up (v0.02).

Mega

Changelog
-fixed texture bug (textures weren't appearing on characters)
-fixed lighting bug (lighting kept getting extremely bright in certain areas)
-fixed character editor lighting issue (characters could not be seen in editor)
-fixed fade to black effect (previously didn't fully cover the screen)
-fixed defective cameras in village
-fixed kissing animation bug
-fixed Monday button bug
-fixed missing h-scene exit button bug
-game will now autodetect system specs and apply optimal settings
-visual quality can now be changed manually from the Setting's menu (low, medium, high)
-finished editor basics; both male and female characters can now be modified. New gakuran outfit for male characters. Hair style choices are spiky and pompadour. Hair color choices are brown and black. Eye color choices are blue and black. Initial release's placeholder is still present for the blazer outfit.
What are the controls? I can only move with the W & S buttons.

PandaBrah

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
What are the controls? I can only move with the W & S buttons.
Hi, Fraydon. Click the screen first to move with the arrow keys. I'd been doing that without noticing for so long that I completely forgot to mention that part earlier.

Last edited:

Xorrak

May 25, 2020
I'm sorry but this has to be the crappiest game I ever downloaded from here. Rofl :ROFLMAO:
Keep working though. I hope you can smooth it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: MavisFeatherlight

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
Promising but needs lots of polishing.

Looks like a 3D version of HHS+ which doesn't have yet pregnancy or rape

Reactions: PandaBrah
Mar 17, 2019
so i download it, "Play" it and threw it away...
Graphics: 2/10
Gameplay ?/10 wtf should i do in the game? no clues, no nothing....

Oct 14, 2018
Unplayable. Can't get the character to walk correctly ? Just walks forwards and backwards, can't choose direction. Pressing the button to go to class and then home leads to nothing. After spending 5mins on making the character walk towards a girl, nothing happens and can't interact with her.
Compared to how large this was to download, and how little I actually got to do.. Let's just say it's mildly annoying.

PandaBrah

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
so i download it, "Play" it and threw it away...
Graphics: 2/10
Gameplay ?/10 wtf should i do in the game? no clues, no nothing....
Graphics are as as shown in the OP with the high quality setting. If your computer can't run it at that setting the game will automatically detect that and apply optimal settings. You can override this by going to the Setting menu on the title screen and checking "Set Visual Quality to High."

SettingMenu.jpg

Unplayable. Can't get the character to walk correctly ? Just walks forwards and backwards, can't choose direction. Pressing the button to go to class and then home leads to nothing. After spending 5mins on making the character walk towards a girl, nothing happens and can't interact with her.
Compared to how large this was to download, and how little I actually got to do.. Let's just say it's mildly annoying.
A lot of people trying to use W and S; might make those the actual controls next update but you move the character with the arrow keys after clicking the screen. Click the girl to interact. Just like Artificial Academy.

I'm sorry but this has to be the crappiest game I ever downloaded from here. Rofl :ROFLMAO:
Keep working though. I hope you can smooth it out.
May I please have specifics?

Oct 14, 2018
A lot of people trying to use W and S; might make those the actual controls next update but you move the character with the arrow keys after clicking the screen. Click the girl to interact. Just like Artificial Academy.
In that case why not just make movement of the character like AA, by clicking with the mouse to where you want to go ?
Also I'm fairly sure I tried the arrow keys when I noticed that A and D didn't do anything, but arrow keys did nothing for me, but maybe I'm remembering wrong.

PandaBrah

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
In that case why not just make movement of the character like AA, by clicking with the mouse to where you want to go ?
Originally the entire game actually was like that. I switched over after I'd set everything up to work with that mechanic only for it to stop working out of the blue. This happened more than once, I'd spend hours debugging the mechanic, and then it'd happen again so eventually I just got rid of it.

Also I'm fairly sure I tried the arrow keys when I noticed that A and D didn't do anything, but arrow keys did nothing for me, but maybe I'm remembering wrong.
You need to click the screen first at some point after starting the game. Anywhere but one of the buttons.

tangre

Jun 13, 2017
Explanation is seriously needed for just about everything. People have already asked what the objective is and how to achieve it but you seem to keep dodging the question.

Edit: I see you said to click her. I'm clicking her. Nothing happens.

Last edited:

PandaBrah

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
Explanation is seriously needed for just about everything. People have already asked what the objective is and how to achieve it but you seem to keep dodging the question.
The game doesn't actually end. Much like Animal Crossing and other life sims it was inspired by the game continues indefinitely so the objective is really what you make of it. You can interact with people, go to class, body build, work to earn money, spend it at the store to buy running shoes, give them to NPCs so that they'll like you more, and if they like you enough they'll agree to a date and you can have sex with them with a 10% chance of pregnancy if you finish inside. All of that stuff is already in the current build though it's relatively shallow now. If you want to go to class each day and be a top student you can; if you want to skip all of that and be a delinquent you can do that too.

BuyItem.jpg OpenInventory.jpg GiveItem.jpg

Honestly, it's a bit frustrating that no one's asked about any of this. It's mostly been about the low resolution screenshots that were initially posted and that have since then been replaced and the control scheme that I've gone over multiple times. There really haven't been any questions about the game mechanics to dodge.

Last edited:
2.00 star(s) 1 Vote