Unreal Engine Abandoned Harem Maker [v0.021] [PandaBrah]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

tangre

Jun 13, 2017
The game doesn't actually end. Much like Animal Crossing and other life sims it was inspired by the game continues indefinitely so the objective is really what you make of it. You can interact with people, go to class, body build, work to earn money, spend it at the store to buy running shoes, give them to NPCs so that they'll like you more, and if they like you enough they'll agree to a date and you can have sex with them with a 10% chance of pregnancy if you finish inside. All of that stuff is already in the current build though it's relatively shallow now. If you want to go to class each day and be a top student you can; if you want to skip all of that and be a delinquent you can do that too.

View attachment 742066 View attachment 742067 View attachment 742068

Honestly, it's a bit frustrating that no one's asked about any of this. It's mostly been about the low resolution screenshots that were initially posted and that have since then been replaced and the control scheme that I've gone over multiple times. There really haven't been any questions about the game mechanics to dodge.
*You need to explain this stuff*

There is no tutorial. Nobody can figure out how to interact with anyone or anything. I've tried to "click" several girls and nothing happens. Nobody's asked about what you screenshot because nobody's probably even found that stuff because nothing is explained.

Oct 14, 2018
Originally the entire game actually was like that. I switched over after I'd set everything up to work with that mechanic only for it to stop working out of the blue. This happened more than once, I'd spend hours debugging the mechanic, and then it'd happen again so eventually I just got rid of it.

You need to click the screen first at some point after starting the game. Anywhere but one of the buttons.
Aaah, I see.
I'll keep my eye on the game for new updates, but for the time being I don't want to redownload it, since my internet is actual garbage lol.
Hope the development of the game goes well without other bugs for you.

Reactions: PandaBrah

Dringar

Nov 16, 2019
Really glad someone said this because I too was smashing my head on my keyboard asking myself whyI wasted a 5 gig download on something that I couldnt interact with

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Thats 'unreal engine' for you. Massive download and FA in return. I just dont bother with it. Always disappoints.

PandaBrah

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
Really glad someone said this because I too was smashing my head on my keyboard asking myself whyI wasted a 5 gig download on something that I couldnt interact with
I truly apologize for wasting your time. You can still explore the city, as well as the village and subway with the arrow keys by clicking the screen first, work to earn money and increase your stats, but character interaction is limited to the subway h-scene unless you have my software set-up. TrialRagnarok has Windows 10, like I do, and wasn't able to speak to characters by clicking on them either so that rules out the operating system. I think it's tied to the version of DirectX and Visual Studio that I have, since I have Unreal Engine, but that most people wouldn't. I currently have DirectX 12 installed; I also have an old laptop with Windows 8.1. Testing the game on that didn't work so I'm going to wipe the hard drive and install things in increments until I get it to work on that. With luck all that's required is an installation of DirectX 12, but I'm going to gradually add things to make it resemble my dev PC until I can pinpoint what the game's actual requirements are; something more specific than just "Windows."

In the mean time, I've created a build of the game with a few features to circumvent this. It's mostly for people who randomly come here without reading this post so that they won't end up in a frustrating situation. It includes a tutorial and the ability to interact with characters using two new methods that don't involve clicking on them; walking up to the character and pressing the T key to talk to them or by opening the menu and clicking on the character's image and then walking over to them. It also includes the ability to move with the W, S, D, A keys.

Changelong for v0.021
-added tutorial
-added ability to use W, S, D, A for navigation
-added the ability to interact with character by pressing the T key in front of them or by selecting their image from the menu

Edit: Got character interaction via clicking to work on the laptop with Windows 8.1 (Visual Studio 2015 and DirectX 11). Windows automatic update followed by an authorized prerequisite installation from the Epic Launcher made it work. I'm currently downloading a Windows 8.1 image file so that I'll be able to test future editions with both Windows 10 and Windows 8.1.

Last edited:

PandaBrah

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
*You need to explain this stuff*

There is no tutorial. Nobody can figure out how to interact with anyone or anything. I've tried to "click" several girls and nothing happens. Nobody's asked about what you screenshot because nobody's probably even found that stuff because nothing is explained.

Looks like you were right. It wasn't a Directx or Visual C++ related issue. TrialRagnarok was able to interact by clicking but he noted that you need to click the back of the head. I apologize for that. So clicking to interact with a character works but my explanation on how to do so was too vague.

Dringar

Nov 16, 2019
Looks like you were right. It wasn't a Directx or Visual C++ related issue. TrialRagnarok was able to interact by clicking but he noted that you need to click the back of the head. I apologize for that. So clicking to interact with a character works but my explanation on how to do so was too vague.
Appreciate all the feedback
I'm on bandwidth limited system so the download killed me lol
I'll book mark this one and wait until you get some of the bugs worked out as the premise seems interesting, even if its barebones currently

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
Listen guys, you can review a game commenting here without being a fucking cunt.

Tell the dev what he should improve in your opinion and perhaps recommend a way to do it or some tools for the job.

Simply saying "game is shit graphics are 2/10 and I won't play it til there's a decent release" means absofuckinlutely nothing, it means you're a condescending idiot who's playing off of someone's work and for free... least you could do is not behave like an oxygen waste.

Dec 16, 2019
Listen guys, you can review a game commenting here without being a fucking cunt.

Tell the dev what he should improve in your opinion and perhaps recommend a way to do it or some tools for the job.

Simply saying "game is shit graphics are 2/10 and I won't play it til there's a decent release" means absofuckinlutely nothing, it means you're a condescending idiot who's playing off of someone's work and for free... least you could do is not behave like an oxygen waste.
Yes people are so stupid

PandaBrah

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
Appreciate all the feedback

I'm on bandwidth limited system so the download killed me lol

I'll book mark this one and wait until you get some of the bugs worked out as the premise seems interesting, even if its barebones currently
Thanks, Dringar. You won't be disappointed.

I actually finished going through a list of bugs TrialRagnarok and Contie gave me about a week ago but since I didn't want to release a build that was nothing but a bug fix I decided to postpone things until I finish two more things.

Thanks you, Storm4n. I greatly appreciate the support.

Why is it tagged with rape?
I think Alexander Krisnov sort of assumed that there was rape based on the train images in the OP. That wasn't the original intention though.

Why does it only show schoolkids? It sounds like the player can craft what they want...
Right now you can really only roleplay as a student or as a truant. After I finish the delinquent content I'm currently working on I'm moving onto the teacher stuff though.

Yes people are so stupid
Thanks for the support, Agony's Embrace. I greatly appreciate it.

Jul 25, 2019
Why is it tagged with rape?
I think Alexander Krisnov sort of assumed that there was rape based on the train images in the OP. That wasn't the original intention though.
Why isn't it tagged with loli or school setting? Is it a character creation game?

weird it quoted the wrong part and wont let me re-add another quote

PandaBrah

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
Why isn't it tagged with loli
When otaku use the word loli they're generally referring to characters who look a bit younger than those shown in the OP. Someone like Ilya from Fate or Taiga from Toradora. For now a loli tag could be misleading.

or school setting?
I'll ask Alexander Krisnov to add this. Thanks for the suggestion.

Is it a character creation game?
Yep.

63837393833376381.gif

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote