Others - Haremon [v0.39.1.1] [TsunAmie]

1. 5.00 star(s)

MaybeLoli

Firstly, the game has great art, the whole dungeon crawling and it's concept is nice. I was in love with the game for a few hours at the beggining. But then you get into combat in which you have to use a horrible system that requires you more button mashing than korean mmos. Had my arms in pain after 4-5hrs of playing a cute girl harem game. Most annoying combat I've seen lately.

EDIT: As of 0.8 the combat isn't cancer anymore!

The game is fun now, art is gorgeous, sex scenes are quite short, but original game deserves a great review.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

rewyb

Great art and nice concept with actual gameplay/story.
    Sadly, the gameplay itself (in it's current iteration) is rather frustrating, mainly the combat aspect.
    The h-scenes also need alot more work (at least the one out of 3 I've seen so far). 3 variations of a single CG is somewhat fine, even if scarce. Only a single line per variation is... just not enough.

With more polishing, it could end up as a great game. In it's current state, the effort/frustration isn't worth it, for what you're getting from it.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

World

I really don't understand all the hate in the reviews section, this game imo is amazing, the concept is nothing new but guess what, sex exists since the beginning of human kind, and bringing it to the next level with animals and other creatures is something that I very much welcome. I gotta say, the first 5 minutes cracked me up, I chose to not answer the phone and the result gave me a hard laugh, kudos to that. The game is in very early stage, the combat system is not intuitive at all and it takes a while to get used to, and I don't know if it's bugged or not implemented yet but I can't seem to level up or gain any exp from monsters..... who knows, and I might suggest to lower the difficulty a tad bit because potions are expensive and you do take lotta damage. All this said, the game is fun to play and the humor is there, I look forward to next versions
  4. 2.00 star(s)

KapitanDupa

Review of 4.2.0, previous version was crashing too much to be playable.

Game is mixed bag - dungeon crawling aspect is well designed, premise is OK, characters are nice. I really like minigame with spinning wheel and general rougelike feel of exploration. This game would be solid 5/5 if not fighting. This is most annoying, most cumbersome system I've ever seen. You first select attack (and it seems there is strategy involved in it) and then you need to press right button in the right time to execute it. Slow tempo of waiting for action bar to be filled is interrupted with absurdly fast quick time events, you have split of second to push button and it seems input lag in this game is severe (nota bene other parts of game are also sometimes laggy and controls are erratic). This arcade aspect of game literally kills any fun I'd have playing it.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Paranoid_android

Review for Haremon v0.2.3.1

Well to be concise, the game concept is basically "Pokemon meets Monster girls", which in of its own is not original per se, but the developer(s) does a good job in presenting it with a new narrative that follows a format of proper quests, instead of the usual free-roaming from Pokemon. So to begin with, I will talk first about the characters and the relationship system, then I'll proceed to talk about the fights, later the dungeons and finally the art.

In first place, the characters are all somewhat quirky, I put it this way since they are introduced by the dev to explore common tropes or stereotypes in Japanese media, such as anime, manga, games and LNs, so they are not necessarily original individuals, just concrete archetypes at this current stage of development. I won't go into detail about how they interact or display themselves, nor who they are specifically, so journey on your own to discover if the game does peak your interest. So, these individuals are presented with the quests and as for how the relationships develop, they do require some decision-making throughout the story and some visiting, although that only constitutes for the human cast and sometimes for the monster girls, which in the majority require the acquisitions of said relationship points, through the visit of a dungeon (more on this later) and falling in certain tiles within it such as, events (luck based and may help improve/worsen relationships or give items), camp (multi-use event), and lastly the relationship tile which serves to improve the relationship directly through some truth or dare games with the girls.

Now that the relationship system has been covered it, we can go and discuss the Pokemon-esque aspect of the game, the fights. The fights on their own, don't necessarily go for the traditional formula of Pokemon fights, instead, they choose to employ, outside of the possible moves system for the Haremons (with their respective characteristics and statuses) a QTE system to go along, which not only determines the success of attacks it also accounts for how well does one defend against enemy attacks. The QTE system, worsens the experience with the fights since it devolves the RPG aspect of the fight and makes it tedious, foregoing classic RPG strategies and making them cumbersome by having you be constantly on edge remembering the input for blocking the enemy attacks, as well, as having to make yourself follow a tempo just to make even the most basic attacks or the more powerful ones, thus stalling the whole thing to a snails pace, this does not only affect the time it requires to finish a fight, it also diminishes the succes of any action, since the time-frame for the input tends to be short, really short making a neccesity to have panther reflexes to complete. Aside from those issues, it seems the exp system to further your Haremons is not in place either, making the fights worthless on their own at the moment, other than that, the item system is also lacking, in two aspects, first, there's no item shop, second, the acquisitions of items can sometimes be made through luck, being the case events within dungeons, thus making item usage seem finite and extremely precious. The last point in regards to the fights is the capture system for which Haremons are captured, while it doesn't use pokeballs to capture them, it follows the same principal to do so, incapacitating the Haremon in question, only difference being that you need to strip them of their clothing and then use a serum as a lotion to capture them.

Dungeons, are the playground for the quests, the space in which you follow the quest and do the fighting. The dungeons involve moving through a board with hexagonal spaces, spaces that I had previously described in the relationship system to be containers of events, of varying types (events, relationship, camp and bosses). The movement through a dungeon is dependent on two things, food and turns. Turns are stringent, in determining your movement, since they only allow you to move once and have attached to them a percentage system for an enemy encounter, though turns are not determinant of the success for conquering the dungeon nor do they factor in for its clearance. Food, on the other hand, is the pretty determinant as a condition for clearance of the dungeon since if you ran out of food you immediately lose and food consumption is tied per turn and you have a fixed amount of it at the start of the dungeon (you may replenish some through some tile events). Sadly if you wish to traverse a dungeon you have to commit from start to end, since exiting a dungeon during a quest or even free-roaming is not permitted until victory or defeat are achieved.

Finally the art, one of the crowning points of the game. The art for the characters (sprites) is pretty on point, following an anime/manga aesthetic that serves to distinguish and bring out the personality to them, though currently there's not much in place for the HCG (sexy images). Backgrounds are nothing memorable to write about, but still pleasing to the eye. The UI and it's elements blend well with the game's world.

I will conclude by saying the game has a lot of potential so don't be discouraged by the rating I gave, try it out at a later date or succumb to your curiosity.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

rhev

Downloaded this game.

Set up controls and character name.

Phone rang in game at 2am. Chose to ignore it.

Rang again immediately. Chose to ignore it.

Rang again immediately. Character threw his phone against the wall shattering.

Game informs me that because I didn't answer the phone, I never meet a single monster girl, ever, for the rest of my life.

Game then shuts down to desktop.

10 out of mawtha heckin 10.

--------- EDITED REVIEW -------------

Played it for a while and while the art is fantastic, there's a lot that needs work. First of all the controls are less than intuitive and you need to be a speed demon to hit your attacks and blocks at just the right time. I'll say for myself, my reflexes aren't up to multiple quick time presses every single combat, dozens and dozens and dozens of times a combat. Next the full screen option doesn't quite work right, which is just annoying. Finally the text is often difficult.... hard to read, and sometimes it scrolls slow, or doesn't at all, then you hit the button to progress and it skips through the next line.

Over all I think this could be a very good game, if given some difficulty sliders and maybe tone down the random elements just a touch, and for the love of god, give us a no quicktime event option.

Meh, solid 3/5, nice art, could be very appealing to some, but needs work.