Has anyone here played A Dance With Rogues? (NWN module)

JadeKitten

Donor
Apr 27, 2017

This is one of the best xxx things I've ever played. So basically you're some sort of princess and you get kidnapped and then join the Thieves Guild or something, I don't remember. Anyway, the quality is great, the story and characters are very well written, both parts together are quite long (around 30 hours maybe?), the game will take you to many diverse places in the D&D universe like cities, forests, deserts, underground Dark Elf city, Hell etc. Many sex scenes. Romance options with a couple characters. It's basically all you've ever wanted from those ambitious rpgmaker games that never delivered, except this is in 3D.

JadeKitten

Donor
Apr 27, 2017
nope , so we need instalation nwn to play this module ?
Yep you need Neverwinter Nights installed, preferably with the latest patch (which I think the GOG version comes with), the ACAG hakpack which is mentioned on the page I linked, and the game module itself.

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
I'm sure most people who played Neverwinter Nights have tried ADWR. It is the game's most popular module.

Goldfish

May 22, 2017
This mod was my first time playing a female protagonist, tried it because it was popular and got raped 5min in, tried different stats/skills/dialogues but it didn't seem the rape was avoidable so didn't continue playing.

There was another mod in the same universe as Dance with Rogues IIRC but with a male protagonist, I played that for a little bit as well, it was ok.

Reactions: ubblesnop

Tp

Aug 23, 2016
Yep. I've played it. Many versions of it. If I can find a link to it I'll post the extended version for part 1 by Nonsense667. There is a good bit more content added to npcs in that one.

That first rape is unavoidable for a few reasons, such as: getting the player's virginity out of the way being one of them and setting the tone for this being a dangerous world being another. However, later versions of it allows for the player to act more like she is awarding Vico for his saving her rather then an outright rape. It is still not for everyone though.

I think this is a working version of the extended part 1:

Last edited:
Reactions: Budda002

Tp

Aug 23, 2016
Yes. The extended version was abandoned. Still a fair amount of content was added before the abandonment. There was an effort to get it started again a few years ago but that didn't go anywhere.

ChinChin

Aug 7, 2016
The module that Goldfish is talking about is called "A dance with spies" or "A dance with the spies".
As for the dance with rogues , yes it was a very good module.

grandefarao

Jun 4, 2017
Firstly, sorry for updating an old topic because I want to take advantage of the subject to send you an idea: create sex modules for NWN. I do not know if you know, but NWN has installed software called Aurora Toolset that has this purpose: to allow the player to create their own module. I do not know how to use this tool, but I already sent my idea.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
This is a surprise, A Dance With Rogues had a new version made recently

Anyone played it?
I hope the non-con scenes are written in detail again, I didn't like how they were toned down in the Tony the Tiger update

Tp

Aug 23, 2016

Anyone played it?
I hope the non-con scenes are written in detail again, I didn't like how they were toned down in the Tony the Tiger update
Yep. I have played it.

The non-con scenes are mostly intact except for the gladiator's quest, that quest no longer has sexual content for the MC. Overall the sexual content of ADWR part I EE is less then it used to be, fewer scenes and cutscenes have replaced many dialogues for sex at various points in the game. There are a fair number of bugs in this current version and new quests are a little messed up. Better visuals for the buildings, etc, but the maps are harder to navigate. It is a mixed bag.

If you are a fan of ADWRs it is worth checking out but if you are looking for sexual content, etc., or more of it, then you will probably be disappointed.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Ergh, sounds good but I can't stand the degree of RNG dice-based games have even for basic actions. It's okay to randomize various circumstances, but having to roll a d20 just to see if my warrior is halfway-competent this time at swinging the sword she's been using the past two decades just makes me feel like a chump. Some things should be consistent in any game.

JadeKitten

Donor
Apr 27, 2017

Anyone played it?
Interesting. So is this like a remake or something? I should probably check it out some time, but I got a feeling that it's gonna be inferior to the original version.

Ergh, sounds good but I can't stand the degree of RNG dice-based games have even for basic actions. It's okay to randomize various circumstances, but having to roll a d20 just to see if my warrior is halfway-competent this time at swinging the sword she's been using the past two decades just makes me feel like a chump. Some things should be consistent in any game.
IMO you should play this with cheats. Because you play this for the "action", not for the action ;) That's what I did anyway.

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Edit: nvm, patch notes say that it should work.

Welp, I may check it out then. Any idea if it works with the Enhanced Edition that Steam has on sale right now?

LeturLefr

Nov 14, 2018
yeah it's so good, no wonder it's one of the most popular mods.
my first ever roleplaying as a heroine and I enjoy it a lot, especially the first arc.
it's also nice to have yuri route since I don't see any of the guys attractive enough for her kek
that being said I do have a tendency to stop playing a game when I'm already around 3/4 of its story lol