Has anyone here played A Dance With Rogues? (NWN module)

K_Nakamura

Jun 29, 2020
Yep. I have played it.

The non-con scenes are mostly intact except for the gladiator's quest, that quest no longer has sexual content for the MC. Overall the sexual content of ADWR part I EE is less then it used to be, fewer scenes and cutscenes have replaced many dialogues for sex at various points in the game. There are a fair number of bugs in this current version and new quests are a little messed up. Better visuals for the buildings, etc, but the maps are harder to navigate. It is a mixed bag.

If you are a fan of ADWRs it is worth checking out but if you are looking for sexual content, etc., or more of it, then you will probably be disappointed.
Less sexual content is a big no-no :cool:
If anything, they should have add more.

Reactions: SilvCrest

flescu

Jan 31, 2017
Less sexual content is a big no-no :cool:
Just noticed there is a new version, played it and didn't think it's less. A little bit different but not less content and also some new and interesting features. Played both versions since i thought, well didn't play part two for a long time and you can't use the character from the EE version for part two. Nevertheless i can recommend trying the new version. It feels like a much more lively town and there are many new features like npc reacting to stuff like piercings or your 'hair' style. Or reactions to different clothing which i didn't notice in the original version. Well it's too many features to list them all, simply try it :).

Reactions: K_Nakamura

K_Nakamura

Jun 29, 2020
I don't really like cutscenes in the new version, instead of ton of text. I'd say it's pretty bad. The main thing I absolutely loved in the original is gone.
So I strongly recommend: all new players must play the old version for NWN the Diamond Edition. Besides, it gives you ability to play part 2!

Last edited: