HTML Haunted Inheritance [v0.01] [Altris]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

AltrisDynam

Game Developer
May 28, 2024
Nothing really here. Seems like someone's first game as well.
Correct on both counts. I have a lot of experience with short stories, but wanted to do something I could share and I love CYOA stories. Keeping this simple to properly set expectations for my skill level. Short story with various ending between good and bad.

Good start! I think this is definitely something you could flesh out into a smaller but complete game with many branches and endings. Keep at it!
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I've been a fan of this forum for years so I fully plan to release everything here for free. I hope the end result is something people actually enjoy.

ooh this looks interesting
The next plan is to actually be interesting.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Nah man, all good. I definitely appreciate the constructive criticism and as I said I had similar feelings. This is merely a proof of concept, of sorts, with the basic tone and style for the project. I actually find some of the stuff comical too as you mentioned. Was there something specific that stood out as funny to you? The entire Bad End gives me a chuckle because its a little absurd and really fits the 'Don't stick your dick in crazy' saying.

Fav line: 'wondering if it was a wise decision'

and Yeah, like you said...sticking it in crazy...lol

Good job
Have Fun!

Reactions: AltrisDynam

Greyvan

Mar 28, 2018
Still beats me who was left with a tiny piece of never the less very productive and fertile land that was popping out "lots" of money relative to its tiny size and then my parents basically stole it and even butchered the trees (which was what was popping out the money in the first place). Also them literally stealing me 2.5 months worth of salaries in inheritance from the other grandparents and thats not even half of it.
Still still beats thinking the dead person had some money as he always told you, accepting the heritage and finding out that, surprise, it's debt !

B1aphemous

Apr 24, 2020
When I first encountered "the woman" I first thought ol' grandpappy has a few secrets and got himself caught up in some kind of weird slave trade. Then she wanted me to take off my pants so I'm thinking she's a well trained slave grandpappy definitely has a few secrets he kept from grandmama. Then the fangs came out and I'm thinking grandpappy wtf? This is not a good way to keep the bloodline going keeping this kind of company around.

There's just the one path currently correct? Seems like I couldn't get into the mansion and the only path available was to check out ol' grandpappys hog shed.

I'm partial to horror and ghost women so what's there is great, glad I clicked. Thanks for sharing.

• Haha
Reactions: Forgotted

AltrisDynam

Game Developer
May 28, 2024
When I first encountered "the woman" I first thought ol' grandpappy has a few secrets and got himself caught up in some kind of weird slave trade. Then she wanted me to take off my pants so I'm thinking she's a well trained slave grandpappy definitely has a few secrets he kept from grandmama. Then the fangs came out and I'm thinking grandpappy wtf? This is not a good way to keep the bloodline going keeping this kind of company around.

There's just the one path currently correct? Seems like I couldn't get into the mansion and the only path available was to check out ol' grandpappys hog shed.

I'm partial to horror and ghost women so what's there is great, glad I clicked. Thanks for sharing.
For now, yes. I'll be updating the thread with more. Everything for free.

Rtay

Apr 5, 2020
Now that's good, and please don't lose sight of your initial idea as the creator of Black Rabit, ignore the request for more character until you deliver what you want to deliver, we think about the Community after the idea is delivered.

AltrisDynam

Game Developer
May 28, 2024
Now that's good, and please don't lose sight of your initial idea as the creator of Black Rabit, ignore the request for more character until you deliver what you want to deliver, we think about the Community after the idea is delivered.
Yep, fortunately I am well aware of my shortcomings as of now so sticking to short story + 1 character other than POV character. I'll build slowly while keeping it to just enough to do what I want to without any bloat to just get in the way.

Been taking last two days using excel to draft the plot map, ending goals, key items, literal map, etc to make sure I keep my thoughts straight.

Reactions: Rtay
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote