Comics Heads Up! [2024-06-10] [NewBeeTSF]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

antiumbra

Dec 2, 2023
It's a small and amateurish attempt at homage to a fantastic author and artist. :giggle: I was going for elegant, a touch pensive but look closer and there's a hint of mischief.

The scripting of the interaction between characters in Heads Up! flows so well. I don't think the story needs the rigid structure of chapters or even the patreon-friendly 20-something page update. It moves from punchy to poignant effortlessly like a classic comic strip.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
I wonder if a poll for the next story would be something of interest. Like giving an outline of 3 concepts and invite readers to show their interest. Could there be any downsides that would not make it worth it?
I'm late to the party on this, but one bit of advice I'd have is when gauging audience interests is if you're really looking for feedback on a project, look for feedback on genre's and direction, rather than an outlined concept. In my opinion, a lot of times when polls are on super specific things, it risks upsetting everyone:

1) The people that lost the poll. The more specific the idea, the easier someone becomes attached to that idea and can be disappointed to not seeing it fulfilled.
2) The people that won the poll. If there's enough details that they start imagining ideas, then the actual story might not live up to their hopes.

So in my opinion, polls are best for genre and really general feelers. I think when it comes to getting more specific concepts, that seems to work out better when someone asks for reader ideas, and then picking from those the one that inspires you the most. At least for me, once I get down to something specific enough to outline, rather than poll, I prefer to preview: List out the up and coming stories so that fans have something to look forward to.

But that's just my two cents.

MyraTSF

Dec 22, 2023
I'm late to the party on this, but one bit of advice I'd have is when gauging audience interests is if you're really looking for feedback on a project, look for feedback on genre's and direction, rather than an outlined concept. In my opinion, a lot of times when polls are on super specific things, it risks upsetting everyone:

1) The people that lost the poll. The more specific the idea, the easier someone becomes attached to that idea and can be disappointed to not seeing it fulfilled.
2) The people that won the poll. If there's enough details that they start imagining ideas, then the actual story might not live up to their hopes.

So in my opinion, polls are best for genre and really general feelers. I think when it comes to getting more specific concepts, that seems to work out better when someone asks for reader ideas, and then picking from those the one that inspires you the most. At least for me, once I get down to something specific enough to outline, rather than poll, I prefer to preview: List out the up and coming stories so that fans have something to look forward to.

But that's just my two cents.
Genre like classic MTF, MTF+AP, MTF+Culture Change, like that or...?

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
Genre like classic MTF, MTF+AP, MTF+Culture Change, like that or...?
Stuff like:

What are your favorite types of transformation?
- Magical
- Body Suit
- Surgery

Or

What old school TG setting would you like to revisit?
- Medallion of Zulo
- Morphic Adaptation Unit
- The Great Shift

Or

What franchises/setting would you want to see next? Video game, anime, comic, tv show, etc?

Or

Besides feminization, what other transformation fetishes are you most interested in?
- Age Progression
- Cultural Changes
- Bimbofication

Stuff like that so it's much more general. And there can be multiple polls based on the results of the previous. But to me, a poll is mainly useful for learning something about your audience, rather than using it to guide the direction of the next project. Of course, learning about your audience can inspire you for projects to publish too the audience. I just mean, don't change plans based purely on popular opinion, if that makes sense.

MyraTSF

Dec 22, 2023
Stuff like:

- Magical
- Body Suit
- Surgery

Or

- Medallion of Zulo
- The Great Shift

Or

What franchises/setting would you want to see next? Video game, anime, comic, tv show, etc?

Or

Besides feminization, what other transformation fetishes are you most interested in?
- Age Progression
- Cultural Changes
- Bimbofication

Stuff like that so it's much more general. And there can be multiple polls based on the results of the previous. But to me, a poll is mainly useful for learning something about your audience, rather than using it to guide the direction of the next project. Of course, learning about your audience can inspire you for projects to publish too the audience. I just mean, don't change plans based purely on popular opinion, if that makes sense.
If I had to pick I'd just go straight to visualize "Catfishing GFs Dad", but I fear an AP followed by an AP+Culture Swap+Dark Themed might be too boring. A poll without any consequences or assured outcome if worded without "if X has most votes this is next" could still be nice to get a feeling from what the readers are mostly into. Knowing a fanbase is better than fan-servicing I guess.

chalana.56

Dec 3, 2023
If I had to pick I'd just go straight to visualize "Catfishing GFs Dad", but I fear an AP followed by an AP+Culture Swap+Dark Themed might be too boring. A poll without any consequences or assured outcome if worded without "if X has most votes this is next" could still be nice to get a feeling from what the readers are mostly into. Knowing a fanbase is better than fan-servicing I guess.
This would've been awesome as i'll love that story.. but any story from you will be awesome and what about the story that you were working on?

MyraTSF

Dec 22, 2023
..?
Oh yeah that one. I postponed it because I wanted to become better before doing a big story, but ironically HeadsUp! developed into a big one. That story is AP as well... maybe I should have named my DA Milfmaker or something as I have a tendency towards that :KEK:
It's fully written out and 120 pages rendered so far, but I think I need to rethink some aspects to not run into repetition or plot holes.

Reactions: chalana.56

Jackjons

Dec 1, 2023
Stuff like:

- Magical
- Body Suit
- Surgery

Or

- Medallion of Zulo
- The Great Shift

Or

Or

- Age Progression
- Cultural Changes
- Bimbofication

I like the most is hormones and surgery one , slow transformation! I also like skin suit!
But I don't like hypnosis, mind altered!
I like the way , mc is struggling to adjust his/her new body and slowly accepting it without having no option, where they FULLY remember who they were now ,what is going on with them !

I don't like the story where a character death is happened, when they forget who they were ! I LOST th Interest!
. example:- LILKIT'S Switching gears, where mc is forced to transform! Until the very end she formally he remembered she was he ! I like it

chalana.56

Dec 3, 2023
Oh yeah that one. I postponed it because I wanted to become better before doing a big story, but ironically HeadsUp! developed into a big one. That story is AP as well... maybe I should have named my DA Milfmaker or something as I have a tendency towards that :KEK:
It's fully written out and 120 pages rendered so far, but I think I need to rethink some aspects to not run into repetition or plot holes.
I'm sure it will be a great story just like heads up.. looking forward to read it

MyraTSF

Dec 22, 2023
I like the most is hormones and surgery one , slow transformation! I also like skin suit!
But I don't like hypnosis, mind altered!
I like the way , mc is struggling to adjust his/her new body and slowly accepting it without having no option, where they FULLY remember who they were now ,what is going on with them !

I don't like the story where a character death is happened, when they forget who they were ! I LOST th Interest!
. example:- LILKIT'S Switching gears, where mc is forced to transform! Until the very end she formally he remembered she was he ! I like it
I'm not into identity death either. The end feels inconsequential, its like "and then she woke up and realized it was all in her dream" shit. On the other hand short term ID, hypnosis, alteration could work out great to push the MC deeper into the trouble and when they "wake up" they then realize the "oh shit..." moment and now have to deal with a completely new environment unfamiliar to them.

It can also help to skip boring chapters and/or nitpickyness of ":geek:ACTUALLY:geek: the MC could have called the police or realize it goes to far midway through and just abord" kind of comments :LUL:

Jackjons

Dec 1, 2023
I'm not into identity death either. The end feels inconsequential, its like "and then she woke up and realized it was all in her dream" shit. On the other hand short term ID, hypnosis, alteration could work out great to push the MC deeper into the trouble and when they "wake up" they then realize the "oh shit..." moment and now have to deal with a completely new environment unfamiliar to them.

It can also help to skip boring chapters and/or nitpickyness of ":geek:ACTUALLY:geek: the MC could have called the police or realize it goes to far midway through and just abord" kind of comments :LUL:
Yes! If there is no struggle of accepting the charecter while slowly immersing with new body ! Then there is no interest!
Headsup is a good example for doing it properly!
He may have the body! But he definitely not like it , and struggling to accept it , while unknowingly he is immersing with his new body, that kind of story and situation make the adrenaline rushing through your vain ,

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote