Comics Heads Up! [2024-07-07] [NewBeeTSF]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
I would love to hear more thoughts from you and anyone else about Diane's future. Personally, I do have a tiny bit of sympathy for her but I agree that she does need some comeuppance. I understand that Diane was at a desperate point in her life to have viewed the head swapping surgery as her only chance at getting a fresh start. The surgery didn't go as planned and she never meant to head swap with Jason. At that point, she was kind of a victim herself, but her actions since then have been selfish and have hurt others.

So, at this point in the story, what kind of comeuppance does she deserve?

1. Diane could be forced into head swapping back with Jason. She would be stuck back in her old miserable life. :(

2. Diane stays a guy but her new life could end up turning miserable. Maybe she turns out to be a dud with women. Or maybe she ends up with the wrong type of girl who saddles him with responsibilities and Diane quickly loses all of that freedom that she desperately desired. Maybe she even hits an all new low and wants her old life back but Jason won't give it back. :LOL:

3. Some other type of punishment. Any ideas? :unsure:

4. There is the option for her to just receive a little bit of comeuppance but still get to keep her happy new life. Maybe both Diane and Jason could have happy endings? :)

5. Of course, there is a dark story option for Diane to get a happy ending and for Jason to get a sad ending. :cry:
At this point in the story, I think I'd prefer #2. But addressing each of them in order:
  1. I'm here for the TG transformation, so I don't want them to switch back. Stories where the protagonist switches back at the end usually feel unsatisfying to me, sort of like an "it was all a dream" ending. However, do we actually know anything about why Diane's life was so miserable before? Would this really be a punishment for her? Why did she seek the procedure in the first place? We know her husband is "gone" (dead?), but she has a loving daughter still. She had a decent amount of money before the procedure. Both her head and body seem healthy individually so I can't figure out a medical reason for doing it. Was she just bored and wanted to be young again? If so, I have even less sympathy for her than the near-zero amount I had before.
  2. This is what I think Diane deserves. I like your idea of her getting saddled with responsibilities. That would be fitting since she's basically abandoning her daughter. Maybe she gets stuck with a crippling child support payment. It would also be just for her to wind up in jail. IMO, she's basically Pavel's accomplice in stealing Jason's body. At the very least she's the beneficiary of stolen goods. But those are endgame scenarios. In the short term it might be fitting for her to experience some of the downsides of being a man. For example, we just saw her in a bar. If an older lady starts an argument in a bar, she'll probably walk away unscathed. A younger guy is much more likely to get his ass beat. Same goes for a guy harassing the pretty bartender.
  3. Sort of covered that in #2.
  4. At this point in the story, I don't really want Diane to be happy. She doesn't seem to deserve it. Of course, my opinion could change as we learn more things about her or if she makes any attempt to redeem herself or at least show a tiny bit of remorse over what she is doing to both Jason and Olivia. What she's doing to Jason is sociopathic enough, but also look at how she's treating her own daughter! She's putting 100% of the weight of this fuck-up on Olivia, causing Olivia a huge amount of stress, and offering her no support or sympathy whatsoever. And on top of that, she's basically severing their parent/child relationship, telling Olivia to accept a new mom she's only known for a short time (and has been forced to lie to for all of that time).
  5. This is my least favorite option. It would be frustrating for Diane to get a happy ending if Jason gets a bad one. I would like Jason to get a happy ending somehow. Perhaps he grows to enjoy being a woman and develops a motherly relationship with Olivia and finds a man (or a woman) to be with. They could start a new happy family while the real Diane is hopefully rotting in jail somewhere.

Last edited:

LadyBoyJay

Jun 12, 2017
Thalantyr
Great response! :love: We share a lot of similar views. I'm glad to see that you've thought a lot about Olivia. I'm fascinated by her character and her POV in the story. It's a very unique and unfortunate situation that she is in. When thinking about good or bad endings for Diane and/or Jason, Olivia deserves plenty of consideration as well. I'm sure that she wants to be happy too! :) So yeah, it's interesting to put myself into her shoes and think about how different endings would effect her. :unsure:

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
Thalantyr
Great response! :love: We share a lot of similar views. I'm glad to see that you've thought a lot about Olivia. I'm fascinated by her character and her POV in the story. It's a very unique and unfortunate situation that she is in. When thinking about good or bad endings for Diane and/or Jason, Olivia deserves plenty of consideration as well. I'm sure that she wants to be happy too! :) So yeah, it's interesting to put myself into her shoes and think about how different endings would effect her. :unsure:
I was just skimming through again and I forgot about this page!
headsup__424.jpg

It reminded me that Diane's husband leaving/dying wasn't just something bad that happened to Diane, but to Olivia too! Which makes Diane walking out on her all the more horrible! Aaagggh what a ho-bag!

LadyBoyJay

Jun 12, 2017
New update! :love: Check it out on and leave a comment. If not, use the MEGA folder or the MEGA link (pages 507-516).

Edit - I do apologize for not having any fan signatures ready yet. I made a request but nobody responded, so I'll see if I can make some myself.

Last edited:

chalana.56

Dec 3, 2023
I hope myra goes back to updating 20 page batch updates rather than this 10 page updates which makes the reader to read the past 10 page part again

Reactions: MyraTSF

MyraTSF

Dec 22, 2023
I hope myra goes back to updating 20 page batch updates rather than this 10 page updates which makes the reader to read the past 10 page part again
Hehe yeah I feel ya. Sometimes it's just harder to do more pages than I want due to some technical shit that happens with the assets in DAZ. I usually only render on weekends due to having a job IRL.

So the decision is either fewer pages on a regular cycle or more on an irregular cycle. It's a win-win or lose-lose situation depending on your outlook :D

pwn50

Mar 21, 2019
Hehe yeah I feel ya. Sometimes it's just harder to do more pages than I want due to some technical shit that happens with the assets in DAZ. I usually only render on weekends due to having a job IRL.

So the decision is either fewer pages on a regular cycle or more on an irregular cycle. It's a win-win or lose-lose situation depending on your outlook :D
Didn't realize you lurked here among us! Thanks for all the amazing content you're one of the very best, I'm really loving Heads up and your other comics NEET life, Slime Containment etc were fantastic as well. And thank you for doing all your amazing work for free as a very poor person it's appreciated lmao. Have you considered starting a patreon or something just for some early access maybe so if people wanted to contribute to you they could? I certainly wouldn't mind waiting a little longer on stuff if it meant you were more rewarded for all your great work

MyraTSF

Dec 22, 2023
Didn't realize you lurked here among us! Thanks for all the amazing content you're one of the very best, I'm really loving Heads up and your other comics NEET life, Slime Containment etc were fantastic as well. And thank you for doing all your amazing work for free as a very poor person it's appreciated lmao. Have you considered starting a patreon or something just for some early access maybe so if people wanted to contribute to you they could? I certainly wouldn't mind waiting a little longer on stuff if it meant you were more rewarded for all your great work
I lurk everywhere :)
If I do Patreon I have to manually do my taxes cause Patreon doesn't handle this here in Germany and I'm abysmally lazy. And even if I do Patreon, just pirate it :p
Putting a DRM on images is nearly impossible so it is what it is. Only benefit people on Patreon would get is a more direct influence or engagement with the story. Maybe a small vote here and there for minor stuff that add some optic value but won't change the red line of the story.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote