SAFFAMAAAA

Jun 30, 2019
using Valve Index. I did start the game from inside VR, using the desktop view. restarted steam vr several times, headset, basestations, re-paired controllers, attempted to update controller binds 2.9.0 > 5.0.0 but couldn't. Haven't tried yet today.
Edit: Restarted my PC, loaded heat from the desktop view while in vr, now the right hand is missing and right controller still thinks it's a left hand.
Edit2: Deleted and moved game folder, deleted registry entries, same shit.
At this point I'd like to just roll-back to 6.2.2, but smart guy that i am didn't backup that build.

Last edited:

ftneko5

Mar 7, 2023
using Valve Index. I did start the game from inside VR, using the desktop view. restarted steam vr several times, headset, basestations, re-paired controllers, attempted to update controller binds 2.9.0 > 5.0.0 but couldn't. Haven't tried yet today.
Edit: Restarted my PC, loaded heat from the desktop view while in vr, now the right hand is missing and right controller still thinks it's a left hand.
Edit2: Deleted and moved game folder, deleted registry entries, same shit.
At this point I'd like to just roll-back to 6.2.2, but smart guy that i am didn't backup that build.
From desktop view, are you starting Heat from the .exe by double clicking it in its folder, or did you add Heat as a Steam game?
For some reason if I dont follow a very specific set of steps, the game doesnt recognize my controllers properly.

OhNo3998

Mar 10, 2022
I just installed a bunch of the mods and they're not loading. I got some of them to work before.
Here's a list of the mods I have.
View attachment 3752212
I'm assuming some of them are just deprecated, but I haven't gone through and individually checked each one. Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?
I actually had a fix for this myself and it was going through each one, with ones I wanted---First make sure the folders for the mods are one level deep so it would be "[Mods]--[Mod named folder]---[Windows folder + two other files]" for each one and only a certain amount of them work which for me was the second and third image Screenshot (74).png Screenshot (75).png Screenshot (76).png

SAFFAMAAAA

Jun 30, 2019
From desktop view, are you starting Heat from the .exe by double clicking it in its folder, or did you add Heat as a Steam game?
For some reason if I dont follow a very specific set of steps, the game doesnt recognize my controllers properly.
.exe in the folder, haven't tried adding heat as a non-steam game

extrolife

Aug 26, 2021
I actually had a fix for this myself and it was going through each one, with ones I wanted---First make sure the folders for the mods are one level deep so it would be "[Mods]--[Mod named folder]---[Windows folder + two other files]" for each one and only a certain amount of them work which for me was the second and third image View attachment 3755817 View attachment 3755821 View attachment 3755822
Hello, can I ask you to upload a couple of mods that are not in Google Drive? Please drop "sexpillow" "dog bone". Thank you very much in advance

toranzu

May 25, 2024
I learnt something cool, in a failed attempt at cracking the core DLL, deleting the tuples section entirely allows all positions AND all characters at once within a scene... probably a useful mod as it allows the same character to be cloned, alot.

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: Goddamnaccounts

OhNo3998

Mar 10, 2022
Hello, can I ask you to upload a couple of mods that are not in Google Drive? Please drop "sexpillow" "dog bone". Thank you very much in advance
Hi, i can drop them but to let you know "sex pillow" does not work for the new ones

OhNo3998

Mar 10, 2022
I learnt something cool, in a failed attempt at cracking the core DLL, deleting the tuples entirely allows all positions AND all characters at once within a scene... probably a useful mod as it allows the same character to be cloned, alot.
if you use a old crack file will it still work or do you need a completely new crack file to put in the core?

kaldf

Oct 10, 2020
Please tell me what steps you have taken?

MrFancy

May 19, 2022
hey, anyone else have problems loading the game thru vr? ive hooked my quest 2 up through cable link, booted steam vr, then heat, but all that happens is a black screen on my monitor and the music plays, but nothing loads on steam vr its self, anyone know a fix ?

OhNo3998

Mar 10, 2022
Please tell me what steps you have taken?
Hi another person, The steps to add it is this for steam. Also some stuff does not work via cable for me 100% so i mostly use virtual desktop.

>Open Steam
>Click add non game
>browse and go to the heat.exe
>click open
>click add game
>once added go to heat on library list
>Go to the gear settings
>click properties
>mark as vr and close the properties window
>Heat should now be in your library and should be uncracked if done correctly when downloading the game correctly!

Screenshot (77).png Screenshot (78).png Screenshot (79).png Screenshot (80).png Screenshot (82).png Screenshot (84).png Screenshot (85).png here are some pictures as guides for others

• Red Heart
Reactions: keitaka

OhNo3998

Mar 10, 2022
hey, anyone else have problems loading the game thru vr? ive hooked my quest 2 up through cable link, booted steam vr, then heat, but all that happens is a black screen on my monitor and the music plays, but nothing loads on steam vr its self, anyone know a fix ?
I think this thread on reddit might help, . Also try searching something like this on google "steam vr going black but playing sound quest 2" other stuff from the search might help

MrFancy

May 19, 2022
I think this thread on reddit might help, . Also try searching something like this on google "steam vr going black but playing sound quest 2" other stuff from the search might help
this thread is for virtualdesktop, im just using the quest link app with a cable, no other external apps besides steam vr (and also every other pcvr game works lol)

_SP_

Jan 17, 2021
this thread is for virtualdesktop, im just using the quest link app with a cable, no other external apps besides steam vr (and also every other pcvr game works lol)
Nope!

This is also works with Quest link: #5,716
I think you have it turned on to OculusHome run all OpenXR!
1719101207566.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MrFancy

May 19, 2022
Nope!

This is also works with Quest link: #5,716
I think you have it turned on to OculusHome run all OpenXR!
View attachment 3761253
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
1719108069146.png
for some reason the option is greyed out for me? i also tried booting steamvr through quest then booting heat from steam, but nothing, attached are 3 videos, 1 showing me opening heat with steam vr open, but through the
View attachment 2024-06-22 21-19-48.mp4
exe, another booting the game from my steam vr library, then another booting flat mode perfectly fine, and even on the admin account i cant enable the openXR setting (sorry for the low quality videos, size limit lol)

View attachment 2024-06-22 21-15-42.mp4

4.40 star(s) 27 Votes