jimmych0nga

May 7, 2020
Can anyone post a collection of mods for ver 0.4.8.0 and newer please? Thanks in advance.
that WOULD be a good thing to have, seconded!

how to turn on 2d mode? sometimes i don't want to put on goggles to play, and I see that 2d mode is there
Hard if you have steamvr installed and the headset plugged in from my experience. The quickest way I know of is unplugging the hmd...

Aug 22, 2021
I admit I was skeptical of the android girl when the last vote happened, but as usual they did an excellent job. She needs a bit of work for collision in certain poses (as they all inevitably always do) and appears to lactate from ghost nipples, but the soul is certainly there.

To be real though, the real value in this update is the kissing. I was skeptical when I read that in the changelog, but that feature turned out to be way hotter and more immersive than I thought it would be. The real value Heat has always had over other games/sims in this genre is how lifelike they make their characters feel, and having them actively lean towards you when you get close is surprisingly intimate and immersive (if a little uncanny when you take off the headset afterword).

CubeRhythm

Jul 9, 2022

download this version a BepInEX

than download this version of UnityExplorer

(source: )

extract BepInEX to the main Heat folder. then open the BepInEX folder, create a new folder and name it "plugins" and extract the UnityExplorer folder into that. when its done it should look like pics below.
View attachment 2495968

View attachment 2495967

View attachment 2495966
This is really awesome that you're helping... but... you linked the same file twice, I'm missing the correct version of bepinex.

• Wow
Reactions: jimmych0nga

CubeRhythm

Jul 9, 2022
This is really awesome that you're helping... but... you linked the same file twice, I'm missing the correct version of bepinex.
Figured it out. Need to use BepInEx UnityMono x64 6.0.0-pre.1 Here's the link for anyone following the thread:

Reactions: jimmych0nga

jimmych0nga

May 7, 2020
So with the pre cracked version, you just download and play with no additional actions ?
Should be the case. Though I'll say pre cracked doesn't sit as easily as a crack you can read all the lines of code of, like the registry edit posted earlier. unless you're downloading all this on an isolated network with a dummy machine, which in that case go right ahead. Though I've never gotten a virus from the files downloaded here, you get burned once you're done you know?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AsteroidIceSparkle

catcafe

Jul 7, 2022
is it just for me that the game just simply doesn't start? like, it opens a new window, followed by a black screen, and it immediately pops up "Heat.exe stopped responding". I've tried opening several versions from different links, tried desktop mode, but literally nothing seems to work.

dqPA8kh8Sn.gif
i actually feel like i'm missing something really obvious but this is my last effort to making this work, any help is appreciated!

jimmych0nga

May 7, 2020
is it just for me that the game just simply doesn't start? like, it opens a new window, followed by a black screen, and it immediately pops up "Heat.exe stopped responding". I've tried opening several versions from different links, tried desktop mode, but literally nothing seems to work.

I actually feel like i'm missing something really obvious but this is my last effort to making this work, any help is appreciated!
Wow, that's a weird issue indeed... Maybe check the event viewer and the game directory for a crash log? Try deleting / renaming the registry folder, look for an appdata folder and backup / delete the original... If there's more aid to give I can't think of it.
On second thought, do this first:
I can't remember if I had this problem before or not... I guess as a hail mary make a new steam account and sign in to that temporarily, I've had weird issues with the profiles. And YEAH, I HAVE had that issue, god that was a while ago. IIRC just make a new steam account and sign in to that before starting steamVR and HEAT. It's fucking dumb and I can't explain it, and I haven't gotten the courage to ask Edef or the bug testers on the discord... I have only one steam account this game works on, and I spent time digging through the files to try and fix it in steam but couldn't figure it out lmao.

catcafe

Jul 7, 2022
IIRC just make a new steam account and sign in to that before starting steamVR and HEAT.
i was and still am astonished that this of all things would be a solution to this sorta issue, and would be really fuckin stoked to say that it worked, but no it didn't

tried opening it in every way i could think of (if that even makes a difference)
Maybe check the event viewer¹ and the game directory for a crash log²? Try deleting / renaming the registry folder³, look for an appdata folder⁴ and backup / delete the original
¹how
²n̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ thanks cumattractor
³where
⁴d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶̶e̶x̶i̶s̶t̶ thanks cumattractor but it didn't do anything

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021
i actually feel like i'm missing something really obvious but this is my last effort to making this work, any help is appreciated!
You should check your log, its located here:
{driveletter}:\Users\{yourname}\AppData\LocalLow\Heat\Heat
Its a text file named "Player". It should show you what exactly happens.

catcafe

Jul 7, 2022
You should check your log, its located here:
{driveletter}:\Users\{yourname}\AppData\LocalLow\Heat\Heat
Its a text file named "Player". It should show you what exactly happens.
1679914344296.png
oh my fucking god
1679914377217.png
i checked both \Local and \Roaming but purposefully didn't look in \LocalLow cuz i (somehow) came to the conclusion that it would be there i am actually so dumb

(i still don't know what's going on)

Last edited:

1xz

Apr 3, 2018
Figured it out. Need to use BepInEx UnityMono x64 6.0.0-pre.1 Here's the link for anyone following the thread:
Not sure how I didn't notice that but thanks for the heads up and I've fixed it.

4.40 star(s) 27 Votes