Hello! i color B&W images. (Now coloring 1 image of your choosing for anyone who replies. See replies for more info)

Kadowatara

Jul 3, 2018
Hello, i go by Kadowatara here and Yakuza_Suske on Discord.

I am a photographer and i edit pictures in photoshop as well as image upscaling. Recently (more than 4 months ago) i started experimenting on B&W pictures and turning them into color. So far i've colored pictures of IRL, Doujinshi, Hentai, manga and also vintage pictures. Here are some of my works:

-PS some are from hentai so you might recognize some B&W stuff but also i'm still learning the ways.
(Right is my colored version and left is Original)
25.jpg B&W To Color.jpg

Figure_in_Manga_style_pattern.png Figure_in_Manga_style_pattern.jpg

10.jpg 10 (1).jpg

2 (1).jpg 2 (2).jpg

tumblr_pqy0gudcMy1qkm2g2o2_r1_500.png tumblr_pqy0gudcMy1qkm2g2o2_r1_.jpg

bleach___toshiro_hitsuga_by_muartgl-d7wmeiu.jpg bleach___toshiro_hitsuga_by_muartgl-d7wmei.jpg

2.jpg 2-1.jpg

boob_monsters.jpg boob_monsters1.jpg boob_monsters3.jpg

knuckle_draggin.jpg knuckle_draggin2.jpg knuckle_draggin3.jpg

butt_monster.jpg butt_monster1.jpg butt_monster2.jpg butt_monster3.jpg

So anyway these are just a few pictures to show what i can do. Now for the Q&A!
Q: Why do you do this?
A: Well i do it because it's a time killer and i love editing and working with pictures and it's sort of fun. But sometimes it's stressful.

Q: How much time does it take you?
A: Depends On the complexion of the picture. A picture like image #1 usually takes me about 5 to 10 minutes to color. But a picture like #3 and #4 usually takes me from 15 to maybe 35 minutes.

Q: Why does it take you longer for manga/comic images than the other kind?
A: It takes longer because of the amount of detailing and super small things. Basically many things takes longer than one whole thing.

Q: Do you get paid?
A: No, i do this for my own pleasure, but i wouldn't mind doing it for someone else.

Q: Are you doing commissions?
A: Well, yes and no. I can color pictures for other people but i wouldn't charge for it since i'm still learning.

Q: What do you expect to do with this skill?
A: Well to be honest i would like to learn to draw either in paper or digitally so i can make my own content and color it. Basically i would like to draw and do art.

Q: Would you charge for drawing if you ever learned it?
A: I wouldn't charge for it at first until i learn more and get better. But if i have to i'd probably do it for cheap. Or just make a forum where anyone can make requests and i'll go through them and make them for free.

Q: What would you like to do from now on?
A: Well probably just keep doing this for fun. If any person here is a dev or an artist looking to color his art and is thinking of hiring me or whatever, i would probably advise you to pick me last or as a very weak backup. But if you still insist just hit me up and leave a reply.

Q: What won't you color?
A: Nothing, i've already colored blood, private areas and such and probably some other stuff. But i would probably not color scat content. Unless they pay me or offer something good.

Q: What if my question is not here?
A: Leave a reply with your questions and i'll answer it.

Thank you for taking a look at my intro,

-Kadowatara

Edit: I almost forgot to say something, i am also working on decensoring images. Just black bars and such as long as it shows a bit of the private area i can redraw it. Haven't worked on pixelated tho since it might take longer and i still don't know how to redo all of it. i need a base, literally and metaphorically.

Last edited:

Kadowatara

Jul 3, 2018
Thank you all for your kind words. I will try my best to keep doing what i love. As token of my appreciation i want each of you to send me 1 B&W picture of your choosing and i will try my best to color it. Keep in mind i might not be the best but i'll use those pictures as practice so i can be better. :) Please leave 1 JPG or PNG image of your choosing as a reply to this post.

(Any kind of picture will do. no limit. Anything you desire and something you always wanted to see in color. It doesn't necessarily have to be Sex or Hentai related, it can be anything.)

Disclaimer:
I might not color ALL of the pictures if there are too many but i'll try my best. Do keep in mind if i don't do a good job.....
im sorry :(

Last edited:

Kadowatara

Jul 3, 2018
Welcome! Good work and good luck with your future plans. :)
Thank you very much. If you have a B&W image you'd like to see colored, i am currently taking B&W images from anyone who replies. Only 1 picture per person unless they really need more. If they need more then i'll gladly accept.

Reactions: Cul

Girm Ork

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
Good work! Do you use a neural network software to color those images? Or it is entirely manual process?

Girm Ork

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
Its all entirely manual by me on photoshop. It does take a while sometines but it produces the best quality.
Have you tried to process the image through a neural network and then edit the result in photoshop? I think it could improve your workflow.
But it is probably more fun to do all manually.

Kadowatara

Jul 3, 2018
Have you tried to process the image through a neural network and then edit the result in photoshop? I think it could improve your workflow.
But it is probably more fun to do all manually.
Well to be honest, i don't know how to do it on a neural network. So i just do it manually because i can and i get the most fun out of it and experince.

Sgt028

Dec 17, 2020
I believe that a lot has changed since 2020 lol. I'm trying to color Pegasus comics, like the comic "Bang my Bully", I've looked for different AIs for this, but none of them have had an interesting result. Would you know of something to color automatically? I even used Photoshop's AI, but it wasn't good.