Daz HELP PLEASE?

j13031977

May 15, 2017
hello guys .... can someone tell me .... or show me how can I do with Daz3d something like in the picture is... as the hand grips his bottom ??? Thanks in advance

tk8yo2d5ke0a1.jpg

• Love
Reactions: LorenzaLeal

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I'm assuming that was made in Blender, who's soft body physics (assuming this is the right term here.) are far superior to that of Daz. You can likely do it, but it's not the easiest process in the world, especially if you're rather new or even intermediate.

(this one is limited, I believe. You can only use one grip. I'd also make a backup as it has a weird tendency to corrupt saved files.)

There's likely some squeeze morphs that may work, as well, but hard to say.

Reactions: Namco15

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
hello guys .... can someone tell me .... or show me how can I do with Daz3d something like in the picture is... as the hand grips his bottom ??? Thanks in advance
You can't.
You can trick few deformations via various way (mostly using dForce, which is not so bad for clothes) but you will never reach this quality. And I doubt Daz studio ever will (outside they open their wallet and pay a 3rd-party to do it).

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
And I doubt Daz studio ever will
I mean, it probably could. But even if they did pay people, it'd probably take a total rebuild of the software/engine, at which point they'd just be better off hiring some talented engineers/etc. to turn it into something better. So, either way, they'd probably have to open their wallets.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
And I doubt Daz studio ever will (outside they open their wallet and pay a 3rd-party to do it).
Technically speaking you can, but not thanks to Daz Studio itself.
You'll need to use one, or a combination, of the tools listed by MissFortune , then rely on Mesh Grabber to soften the result.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Reactions: anne O'nymous

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Just not the quality OP shown (you will need real mass and collisions model).
No need for mass and collisions model, mesh grabber turn Daz Studio into a modeler.

A shitty modeler that you struggle to use, since it's nothing more than an add-on, but still a modeler. You'll have none of the tools you would use to help you and will have to soften vertex by vertex, node by node, what will need a full day at least if you're not to bad at this... But the question was "how to do this", not "should a human be crazy enough to try doing it".

And be careful, by saying bad of Daz you'll confuse some fools.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
No need for mass and collisions model, mesh grabber turn Daz Studio into a modeler.

A shitty modeler that you struggle to use, since it's nothing more than an add-on, but still a modeler. You'll have none of the tools you would use to help you and will have to soften vertex by vertex, node by node, what will need a full day at least if you're not to bad at this... But the question was "how to do this", not "should a human be crazy enough to try doing it".

And be careful, by saying bad of Daz you'll confuse some fools.
I get what you mean but Mesh Grabber is build upon geometry editor, therefor suffer from the same limitations. You can only select polys, edges and vertices from the base resolution mesh. Even if you want to "soften vertex by vertex", look how they are spaced :

DAZStudio_ZtFw8cVWvj.jpg

It's like attempting to scult with a jackhammer, even with the smallest falloff, that ain't gonna do it. If you could select polys, edges and vertices created from subdivided meshes (instead of being simply interpolated from the base resolution), you could actually do it. Not saying it would be easy either but you could reach close to OP picture.

Now mesh grabber is a great tool, but in that particular case not really useful (who need way more precise tool).

Far I recall I always been constant with Daz, or tried to tho.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Now mesh grabber is a great tool, but in that particular case not really useful (who need way more precise tool).
Normally you can enable the subdivision for a better result. But I agree that Daz default is to present you a model way more poor in vertex than what it will use for the rendering.

This being said, I wonder why no one ever talk about hexagon. I don't know what it worth, never had the occasion to activate it, not even sure where the exe is, but it's a modeler, and it's free. Probably not as good as Blender, but it's owned by Daz and supposed to come with Daz Studio, so I assume that they both interface pretty well.
For small touch like this, that need more than mesh grabber, but not necessarily the full power of Blender, perhaps that it worth it.

Yes, you are constant, but you say too much good things for some of the blender habenz around there.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Normally you can enable the subdivision for a better result.
Problem is being able to select subdivided polys/edges/vertices, sadly everything else is beating around the bush. I suspect some hard limitation, as Daz jump to base level everytime you select geometry editor (&mesh grabber).

I know next to nothing about Hexagon. I installed once maybe 3 or 4 ago and don't remember much. That said could be a good sidekick dumb project (hand grabbing ass) to get a bit into Zbrush or Blender, whatever road you use to reach that. There is also some method to send back subdivised morph into Daz, but it's quite a topic in itself (not sure it still work, havn't tested in a while).

Have you said your prayers to our Lord & Savior Blender today?

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I wonder if this is worth it. I can't imagine to put so much work in to a series of images where the user probably doesn't even appreciate it.
Perhaps for a comic. Seems to me to much work. Though it looks really great. But what i am talking about. I am noob with all of this.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
That said could be a good sidekick dumb project (hand grabbing ass) to get a bit into Zbrush or Blender, whatever road you use to reach that.
The problem is more the need to convert, back and forth. Not that it's really difficult, but when you look at the threads here, it would be overwhelming for many. Especially since they wouldn't be sure if a problem is due to a conversion issue, or them misusing this or that tool.
At the opposite, I assume that, since they come together and from the same house, there's no issue between Daz Studio and Hexagon. Therefore you can focus on learning how to use a modeler. Then, depending what it really worth, and what you really need, possibly pass to Blender, Zbrush or whatever else, once you starts to be at ease with this.

First thing in the morning, I care for my life...

I wonder if this is worth it. I can't imagine to put so much work in to a series of images where the user probably doesn't even appreciate it.
It's the main problem, most efforts you'll put in your renders will past unseen. Worth, you'll pass a full day polishing your scene, then cross a thread saying that Milfy City have the most amazing renders in the scene, or that WVM have top tiers renders...
But in the same time I guess that it's also a question of pride. I'm now old enough to not care anymore, but when I was younger there were a level of quality below which I always refused to release my code ; I worth better than this, and they (users, players, whatever) deserve better.

Last edited:

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
The problem is more the need to convert, back and forth. Not that it's really difficult, but when you look at the threads here, it would be overwhelming for many. Especially since they wouldn't be sure if a problem is due to a conversion issue, or them misusing this or that tool.
At the opposite, I assume that, since they come together and from the same house, there's no issue between Daz Studio and Hexagon. Therefore you can focus on learning how to use a modeler. Then, depending what it really worth, and what you really need, possibly pass to Blender, Zbrush or whatever else, once you starts to be at ease with this.

First thing in the morning, I care for my life...

It's the main problem, most efforts you'll put in your renders will past unseen. Worth, you'll pass a full day polishing your scene, then cross a thread saying that Milfy City have the most amazing renders in the scene, or that WVM have top tiers renders...
But in the same time I guess that it's also a question of pride. I'm now old enough to not care anymore, but when I was younger there were a level of quality below which I always refused to release my code ; I worth better than this, and they (users, players, whatever) deserve better.

Well, i would call it perfectionist.
I'll get it. Of course you want to make the amazing renders or at least above average.
I just ask myself in this case, if all the work (and i think this is a lot of work) is really worth it. I do appreciate the work that went into that image. Though in a game i am certain it will last a second before the user will pass on.
I did not have the pleasure to tell a story from the past, as i did not do any of it in my younger years.
But pride is certainly a virtue and for the work it deserves all the details. And to be honest, i wish i were that good. But when you older (50+) it's much harder to learn all the tools and programs to archive the details. I am already happy if i can average renders.
(kind of wished DAZ would offer that though)

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[...] Though in a game i am certain it will last a second before the user will pass on.
I would lie if I said the opposite. But in the same time I know that there's people who take the time to look at the image, since I'm one of them.
Then, the question is probably to find the good compromise between the desire to please the latter, and the time needed for this. And, from my point of view, it's where Daz Studio found its place. Once you understand it, with few efforts it give you this "good enough" compromise ; and obviously I don't talk here about the average "out of the box" renders, you need to put those "few efforts".

But when you older (50+) it's much harder to learn all the tools and programs to archive the details.
Learn, it can pass. But perhaps because I already have experience with Blender, and I past most of my time learning new codding paradigm and languages. For me it's keeping all this in memory the problem.
Honestly if I'm still far to start my own game, it's partly because I loose too much times trying to remember how Daz Studio works, what ridiculously slow down my learning. And since I already lack free time...

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I would lie if I said the opposite. But in the same time I know that there's people who take the time to look at the image, since I'm one of them.
Then, the question is probably to find the good compromise between the desire to please the latter, and the time needed for this. And, from my point of view, it's where Daz Studio found its place. Once you understand it, with few efforts it give you this "good enough" compromise ; and obviously I don't talk here about the average "out of the box" renders, you need to put those "few efforts".

Learn, it can pass. But perhaps because I already have experience with Blender, and I past most of my time learning new codding paradigm and languages. For me it's keeping all this in memory the problem.
Honestly if I'm still far to start my own game, it's partly because I loose too much times trying to remember how Daz Studio works, what ridiculously slow down my learning. And since I already lack free time...
Gaming... i think i am at the stage where i think i never will actually create anything.
I tried several stories but never came around to make a convincing one or at least a story where i am convinced that this is a story. So now i am just playing around more or less without any goal.
In the process i learned things about DAZ though i have to write them down otherwise i forget them.
Perhaps once day... mm.. probably never. There more people out there that can make things happen and are far better than i am.

Compromise is the game in town. If i can dent the flesh a little with DAZ i am usually fine with it. There are options from 3th party without going with Blender.
If i had no life whatsover i could spend all the time on just that issue. That's why i am impressed by that image and wonder how this person did it.

This is probably one of many thing i can't do and rather admire than attempt to do it on my own.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
dints.png
Thats Z Brush so you should be able to do it in blender, biggest issue is lining fingers up. That looks like a giants hand has grabbed her.