Daz HELP PLEASE?

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
unless you import both figures?

the bigger issue is daz's clunky UV maps, makes creating bump maps a pain in the ass.
Yeah I just used a hand prop as a quick look

I just fudge bump maps in photoshop

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Oh man I partyed way too hard :HideThePain:
jeebus

Ec6BjoZWAAEaWiz.jpg

The problem is more the need to convert, back and forth. Not that it's really difficult, but when you look at the threads here, it would be overwhelming for many. Especially since they wouldn't be sure if a problem is due to a conversion issue, or them misusing this or that tool.
At the opposite, I assume that, since they come together and from the same house, there's no issue between Daz Studio and Hexagon. Therefore you can focus on learning how to use a modeler. Then, depending what it really worth, and what you really need, possibly pass to Blender, Zbrush or whatever else, once you starts to be at ease with this.

First thing in the morning, I care for my life...
As long as Daz stand firm in its subD mesh policy ("""HD morphs"""), going back and forth with Daz will always be somewhat wonky (Hexagon included). There is workaround but it's quite a pain in the ass. One could say g9 doubled base mesh density (iirc, I've not verified) but even then it's still far from enough. I'm not sure why they are so adamant about it (even business wise? I'm not sure I get it), everything could be way way more smoother imho.

I wonder if this is worth it. I can't imagine to put so much work in to a series of images where the user probably doesn't even appreciate it.
Perhaps for a comic. Seems to me to much work. Though it looks really great. But what i am talking about. I am noob with all of this.
It's always worth it if you have fun doing it and keep the ball rolling.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I'm not sure why they are so adamant about it (even business wise? I'm not sure I get it), everything could be way way more smoother imho.
It's business wise when you sell the HD morph near to the same price than the original model. But I guess that it's more a software question.
Globally speaking, by having four step of smoothness (normal, subD, HD, HD subD), you satisfy everyone. The guy who own a 10 years old potato will be able to use your studio and all its features, he just need to stick to "normal". And the guy who have a five digit computer, that he just bought yesterday, will be able to benefit from something that will be near enough* to what professional software can give him.
Therefore, the best of two worlds, a workable compromise that, cherry on the cake, come with a bit more earning.

*Relatively speaking of course. "Near enough" taking count that it's a free software intended to be used by people who know nothing about scene building and 3D rendering.

It's always worth it if you have fun doing it and keep the ball rolling.
Typical old dude saying :D

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Water is gift from the gods, period.

It's business wise when you sell the HD morph near to the same price than the original model. But I guess that it's more a software question.
Globally speaking, by having four step of smoothness (normal, subD, HD, HD subD), you satisfy everyone. The guy who own a 10 years old potato will be able to use your studio and all its features, he just need to stick to "normal". And the guy who have a five digit computer, that he just bought yesterday, will be able to benefit from something that will be near enough* to what professional software can give him.
Therefore, the best of two worlds, a workable compromise that, cherry on the cake, come with a bit more earning.

*Relatively speaking of course. "Near enough" taking count that it's a free software intended to be used by people who know nothing about scene building and 3D rendering.

Typical old dude saying :D
The subD policy is just something you can turn off or on, deliberately. In fact older version of Daz could do it until they switched it off. I tried, looong time ago, asking why such turnaround (in very polite and formal manner) but only got vague shibboleth. I can only assume it's money related. Do they really fear the dude that spend $$$ on an """HD morphs""" will install Zbrush bridge and do the whole thing himself? To me at least it's not really make any sense. But it cripple a lot any back & forth you could have with Daz.

Reactions: DoubleLust