Ren'Py - Completed - Helping the Hotties [v1.0.4.10.5] [xRed Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

TheLonelyGhost

I don't really have anything bad to say about the game, but its not quite on 5 star level yet (0.2). The sandbox is basic and not too annoying yet. It looks like the map is going to expand at some point in the future so hopefully the dev implements some kind of fast travel.
    The renders are really good and the personalities are different enough, though sexaddict is in at least three of the five girls wheelhouse. The MC is either faithful to his girlfriend or not, but mostly not even if you select the monogamous options in dialogue.
    Typical *totally not your mom and sisters* romance options, though you can "define" the relationship. The dad is made to be the antagonist, but outside a few lines he really isn't horrible. That may change in the future, but the MC's deep seeded hatred of him seems to be because he made him work hard or whatever.
    The game shows a lot of promise and is nice to look at. If I had one huge critique: there is no racial diversity in the girls past one having a nice tan. So I hope you really are into white chicks. There is also little in the way of body type diversity. Still, give it a shot.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

N1c0c0t13r

Nice game with pretty hot chicks and even there's no really any interaction except click on one of 2 choices, the story makes sense and it's a pleasure to advance picture after picture and please our eyes and minds with these sexy girls. +1 to the dev to encourage him to continue updating this story
  3. 5.00 star(s)

cyberprophet

ATTENTION to SANDBOX and NTR HATERS. Sandbox literally last a couple minutes and NTR is easily avoidable.

It's a really nice game with not quite trivial plot and well writen character, whom i really enjoyed interacting with.

Renders are really good. Picture (except prologue) is really nice, bright and summer'ish. There are some good technical desicions made by creator, but i'll mention it below

Animations - also nice, enjoyed a lot.

Sound effects and music - there are a couple of immersing sounds in prologue but later in the game there aren't any. If developer will add them later on it will be awesome!

Girls - brightest part of the game :D Beautiful, different (character wise) and enjoyable

Also wanna mention possibility to change PoV in certain renders and animation. X-Ray feature is also cool. Good addition to the game!

Overall it's solid 4.5 out of 5 (cause of lack of music). Definetely worth playing
  4. 5.00 star(s)

scalvi

A great set-up for an excellent game and a very welcome take on a kinda typical trope.

I've just played from the start:
    - High-quality renders and animations
    - Superb looking models
    - Very cool and refreshing features with different angles and xray
    - Sandbox doesn't bother at all. It's like 3 sec of clicking objects to proceed to another area
    - MC is not a simp, charismatic and pretty likable.

Personal favorites: Violet, Kiara and Emily

Looking forward to what this game eventually becomes.
    Keep up the good work!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

lkrishna123

love it
    watch the gameplay here: https://youtu.be/1EHqil6JLn4
    the game is great with very good visuals
    I have played the first episode and loved it
    it has many characters who have been introduced and have a lot of potential
    I am patiently waiting for episode 2 because its going to be a great one for sure
    my appreciations to the game developer
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Esp``

Damn! Is this an all-star models game or something o_O

First of all everyone looks perfect. I don't mind seeing some faces from other games in here if they are the better ones, and they are indeed. Every girl looks damn attractive.

Secondly, the story seems interesting and the characters feel promising, not bland or generic. It's very early to tell but I like what I have seen so far. There are some mysteries about certain characters and I can't wait to learn more. Kiara and Eve's path especially seem like gonna be fun!

Sandbox is very easy I don't have any issues with it. A little testing before release to see the MC bug would be fine but its only a minor thing.

I really liked what I have seen, hopefully the dev will get the support and player interest he needs to keep developing this game. Amazing first release.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

PunkHooligan

Game is cool, but 1 star, because dev is selling game in Steam and planning to bring already released update(2nd and 5th April for backers on Patreon) to the Steam (who also paied money) players by June (best case scenario). No further explanation followed.
    https://imgur.com/a/9MwlTLm

========================================
    Review part:

It's about 100 times better than Lewd Island already.

Render and animations quality is very very good. In a tonn of the games girls aren't too hot as for me, but this game is another story. Blazing hot.

Script is good, except idk what with these 4 chicks (not that I don't like it xd)

Eve looks like a lot of other ladies from the other games but still hot af.

Small cons:
    - no sound mostly
    - cant name mc
    - must play small prologue ~5 min before you can even access menu and save

And unfortunately very short. I mean I'd like to dive into fun for hours.
    Also, considering amount of girls, think about Gallery feature in future.

For devs:
    I wish you a luck with development and wanna say that this game is almost top quality. If you're willing to polish it, work your asses off I bet it will pay off.
    Would buy it in Steam if you'll finish it and release there.

For horndogs:
    defo check this out
  8. 2.00 star(s)

m0us3r

Well, I only played it little past the prologue, but there was enough reasons to be repelled:

• Too many words. When movements in sex scenes are shown, they don't need to be described by words too. And who the fuck is "Narrator"? What does he do in those scenes?
    • The camera is not stable in sex scenes, it rocks with each friction.
    • IMHO the girlfriend's model could be more realistic and beautiful.
    • The interface doesn't work, at least during the prologue.
    • The writing often feels clumsy. (Poses too).
    [Ep.1]
  9. 5.00 star(s)

bananabonzai

It has the "sandbox" tag, but it's more comparable to BaDik, navigating around areas, without the city map or whatever, and without any of those annoying inventory, time of day, or stats (hunger, energy, etc) features. So yea, barely a "sandbox," but just enough to enjoy some free roam. Great renders and animations so far, looking forward to future updates.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Maestro91

First episode
    (Wall of text incoming)

Starting off with the unskippable introduction before the menu was imho a poor decision that kinda spoiled my first impression and made me think for a second I had DLed a poorly coded unity game...
    I thought the fact that loud noise and with no way to mute (in-game) or even lower the sound (again, in-game) was poorly executed coupled with the fact that you can't bring up the game menu beforehand which makes me wonder why it wasn't part of the actual start of the game after the menu start.

Anyway, moving on. After starting the game and waiting for a chance to input my characters name, and that never happening makes me wonder if I've missed something...
    I got confused why the MC had no name but thought maybe it was for some kind of reveal later after maybe yet another intro end or perhaps some kind of clever introduction of characters... It never happened (at least not as far as I've gotten)
    I played the unskippable intro again to see if I indeed missed something but found that I didn't. (so count that as BUG#1

I played through anyway and backtracked here and there making lots of saves with every new forked choice and went back to see what I would have missed.
    After the introduction of the four patients arrival and the walk back to the staff house I noticed that there's a lot of forks even here. I made a save and went of the different choices and noticed something gamebreaking... I broke the game...
    If you choose to see through every room in the house before the MC's own room I found that the scene that is supposed to play out (where you collect the papers and get talked down to by Paul) never happens and you find yourself stuck in game limbo with no way to trigger new scenes and nothing to explore other than an empty map. BUG#2

So it seems like what you need to do is go to MC's room and do nothing else before that as far as I experienced it.

I'm gonna be honest again, I don't like the sandboxy approuch to the map with the arrows and the highlighted environments when hovered over.
    I would much rather have some kind of mini-map à la HUD that tells you where you need to be and when, it is much easier to follow and makes it so you don't miss any optional scenes or information.

Like the fact the whole snooping in Kiara's room scene is not doable since the game comes to a halt cause of a bug, or even the fact that you can skip the short scene in the kitchen with Kiara and go straight to your room instead.

I like the setting and the dialogue between characters so apart from a few obvious typos here and there (which is totally fine) the writing is on point.

The women are really good and I like every one of them for how they are written.
    Paul is a real smug asshole that I wanna punch, but him being like that by design I find him well written and hope he will be crushedas the episodes pile on.

The imagery speaks for itself and needs no further commentary other than praise for how good everything and everyone looks.

TL;DR
    Everything looks and feels great!
    Apart from a few bugs with one being game-breaking and the imo unintuitive UI that feels dated by this point when other games with the same setting have done better, not to say it couldn't have been much worse i.e. the wall of text that says "go to kitchen" - "go to livingroom" - "go to *****'s room" etc...

Well worth a playthrough and hopefully soon fixed
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Duncanidaho

The unskippable window mode prologue gave me a not so good first impression and almost left the game. It would have been a big mistake, story is engaging girls and renders are very beautiful. Lewd scenes are top level animations. Promising start. I'm looking forward to updates in the future.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3363005

Hey! Nice to see another offering from xRed! I downloaded and played though about half of this VN so far. The story is good, animations and renderings are above par. the characters are interesting. (Nice, hot chicks throwing their $n@ches at the MC is always good...lol) But seriously, the characters each seem to have their own little personalities, compulsions and paraphelias going on. The MC is gonna have fun this summer.
    I see a lot of the same models as usual but they have taken the time to mod them to the point that they are not more than vaguely similar to the ones you might see in other games. (With the exception of Jill from "Being a DIK", but she's a hottie so we can let that slide...)
    If future installments are as good as the opener, the story is going to keep me checking back to see what the hotties are up to. The MC is in heaven....