• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
how the hell do you learn lockpicking ive been playing for weeks and still cant figure this out
Its been answered many times in this thread so a simple search of the thread would give you the answer.

Stripedshovel

Sep 18, 2017
I see the appeal of the game, still ...

1. it is waaaaaay too grindy. in general if you want to corrupt a lot of people and also for some individual people (like with the Rie Perrier questline, holy shit what a drag).
2. Many images are kind of random as if they just put in placeholders and never bothered to look at them again.
3. development time is, yeah well, let's just say that over the last couple of years almost no content got added. (blabla free game, developed in their free time bla bla, still doesn't mean i have to like it)
4. redundant stuff like values for individual subjects which are seemingly not used for anything.
5. did i mention the grind? the game is even super grindy if you cheat the hell out of it.
6. no clear goal and if someone says the goal is to corrupt the whole town let me point you to 1. and 5. holy...shit.
7. with the latest version (1.10 beta) the game even got more grindy since using drugs and hypnosis is harder to pull off, especially drugs which fails almost all the time and you can't drug people in their sleep anymore (or the chance is so unbelievably low that it just fails most of the time. tried a dozen of times, never worked).
8. also, minor complaint, but more like Hentai College School amirite?!
9. those fucking broken minigames of which lockpicking is the worst. to be fair, you can disable minigames in the newest version, but how about just fixing them?!

That's just stuff off the top of my head.

Honestly most people would be better off playing Ashford Academy Redux instead, which shares a few problems with this game, but at least it isn't that grindy.

edit: 10. you can't expel students or stop students from joining your school and the the maximum amount of students is 400, which is just way too many.
if you choose to only let students join via interview, but you then don't accept a certain amount of students the school board eventually removes your right to interview students.so you get a constant influx of non-corrupted, under-educated students and you can do nothing about it.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018

1. it is waaaaaay too grindy. in general if you want to corrupt a lot of people and also for some individual people (like with the Rie Perrier questline, holy shit what a drag).
2. Many images are kind of random as if they just put in placeholders and never bothered to look at them again.
3. development time is, yeah well, let's just say that over the last couple of years almost no content got added. (blabla free game, developed in their free time bla bla, still doesn't mean i have to like it)
4. redundant stuff like values for individual subjects which are seemingly not used for anything.
5. did i mention the grind? the game is even super grindy if you cheat the hell out of it.
6. no clear goal and if someone says the goal is to corrupt the whole town let me point you to 1. and 5. holy...shit.
7. with the latest version (1.10 beta) the game even got more grindy since using drugs and hypnosis is harder to pull off, especially drugs which fails almost all the time and you can't drug people in their sleep anymore (or the chance is so unbelievably low that it just fails most of the time. tried a dozen of times, never worked).
8. also, minor complaint, but more like Hentai College School amirite?!
9. those fucking broken minigames of which lockpicking is the worst. to be fair, you can disable minigames in the newest version, but how about just fixing them?!

That's just stuff off the top of my head.

Honestly most people would be better off playing Ashford Academy Redux instead, which shares a few problems with this game, but at least it isn't that grindy.

edit: 10. you can't expel students or stop students from joining your school and the the maximum amount of students is 400, which is just way too many.
if you choose to only let students join via interview, but you then don't accept a certain amount of students the school board eventually removes your right to interview students.so you get a constant influx of non-corrupted, under-educated students and you can do nothing about it.
It IS grindy, though now that they've done some massive reworks of how the game works, changing things for quality of life and adding new features should become easier than ever. On the other hand though, you're not supposed to accomplish very much all that quickly. This is a slow corruption where you need to manage things like time, money, etc.

Also, lockpicking usually works just fine. You just have to cultivate skill in it. It also becomes much easier to do with the JS lockpicks. If you cap picking, it basically becomes trivial to do. Hacking also works just fine, it's just more demanding.

Stripedshovel

Sep 18, 2017
It IS grindy, though now that they've done some massive reworks of how the game works, changing things for quality of life and adding new features should become easier than ever. On the other hand though, you're not supposed to accomplish very much all that quickly. This is a slow corruption where you need to manage things like time, money, etc.

Also, lockpicking usually works just fine. You just have to cultivate skill in it. It also becomes much easier to do with the JS lockpicks. If you cap picking, it basically becomes trivial to do. Hacking also works just fine, it's just more demanding.
Nah, lockpicking is super janky, unresponsive and takes like two minutes to complete and the hacking minigame is also bugged. might be a windows 10 thing, don't know.
As for it's supposed to be a slow corruption game: What for? At some point it's just numbers going up, and then? Seriously, the excessive grind is only to artificially extend the play time. It serves no purpose otherwise.

Reactions: leechurch
Oct 18, 2018
Nah, lockpicking is super janky, unresponsive and takes like two minutes to complete and the hacking minigame is also bugged. might be a windows 10 thing, don't know.
As for it's supposed to be a slow corruption game: What for? At some point it's just numbers going up, and then? Seriously, the excessive grind is only to artificially extend the play time. It serves no purpose otherwise.
I run Windows 10, and I've never really had any trouble with lockpicking. As for the slow stuff, if you finagle it, you can actually speed a lot of it up. Because the game isn't demanding you do X event Y times most of the time, it's giving you access to events based on the stats of the character that it's tied to. Which means that if you find other ways to corrupt people on the side, which becomes easier to do once you've found your in, then you speed the whole thing up.

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018

in 1.9 you can disable new student admisions. In 1.10 they will arrive up to your class limit. Don't set class limit to 10 and you will be fine. Your class limit should be set to number of teachers that you have. Game start is about raising education, so you don't need more that two or four classes active. In late game there is no point in hiring more than 8. Only eight teachers got side quests. With ten classes you might be able to stay net positive in end game, but I never tried to run with more than eight. Eight classes will give enough income to survive with all clubs upgraded and Annette

For me "find the hole in the matrix" game is worse. Lockpicking is not friendly to keyboard/trackpad players. Anybody with a brain who uses laptops for longer will get regular mouse anyway. The way game allows to disable minigames punishes player who chooses to do it. Player needs relatively easy way to lockpick at the start of the game to begin PTA corruption and skip mode makes relative easy way of lockpicking a constant failure.

"Finish story instead of changing mechanics" point is most valid.

Thing about that grind is that some people might like "one more turn" games.

Last edited:
Reactions: leechurch
Oct 18, 2018
Tell me in a nutshell - significant changes from version 1.9.5-2050.41 or not?
In terms of added content to the game? Not a ton. Mostly fixes.

The main purpose of this update was that the people working on the project went in and did a bunch of stuff to improve consistency and make it easier to work on the game. That'll help speed up work in the future, and the game basically has mod support built into it now. So... keep an eye out in the coming months for more community mods, and whenever they do a main content update, it should theoretically be sooner and work better than previous updates.

arelor

Oct 6, 2017
Does the single gender mod work well? If so can someone add it here, I can't find it on the link, it brings me to a random post on page 40 or something.
Yeah I've been wondering the same thing

*Edit*
So I figured it was just the wrong page. Right post is here but unfortunately I don't know if it works with v1.10 or not.

**Edit**
The link of the og post on the games forum was wrong so I've found the og post

Last edited:

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
Anything and everything you may want.
The debug at the lower right and then at the bottom of the screen you just type in "a" and it will bring up all the commands that will add to what ever you can ever need.
Plus that debug screen you can edit any and all NPC's and the MC to your harts content but beware that cheating may lead to missed content or broken quests.

There is more in the console you can do but I never use it so don't know the other commands you can use.
Just type in a letter and if commands come up you can figure out what to do with them.

Go back to the site and read all about how to use mods in 1.10 its all there for you to see what you need to do.
Hey, I understand that you type "a", the cheats pop up, you select the one you want, click it and change "value" for x number, right? Because I've tried that and it says "Input string was not in a correct format". So, do you know how to fix this so I can use the cheats? The game seems like a block of granite if I have to spend hours finding what to do to start unlocking the H stuff.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Hey, I understand that you type "a", the cheats pop up, you select the one you want, click it and change "value" for x number, right? Because I've tried that and it says "Input string was not in a correct format". So, do you know how to fix this so I can use the cheats? The game seems like a block of granite if I have to spend hours finding what to do to start unlocking the H stuff.
Take the add money one, it needs to look like this:
add money 20000 or ADD MONEY 20000
So if you did not follow this format then it will not work.
Add money looks like this when you first type in "a", ADD MONEY [value] so change the "[value]" over to the amount you want and it should work.

That is if none of the others are broken because I only use this one when I play and never tried any of the other ones.

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
Isn't there a single gender mod?

Also, can you impregnate teachers instead of just students?

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
Take the add money one, it needs to look like this:
add money 20000 or ADD MONEY 20000
So if you did not follow this format then it will not work.
Add money looks like this when you first type in "a", ADD MONEY [value] so change the "[value]" over to the amount you want and it should work.

That is if none of the others are broken because I only use this one when I play and never tried any of the other ones.
Ah, damn, thank you. I didn't know I had to erase the brackets for it to work.

3.50 star(s) 57 Votes