Settum

Jan 10, 2019
Nah, I meant sissies. That's a bummer, seems like something that would be implemented.
Well, check the work in progress. There's one sissy/crossdressing questline. I think the brother has some content too, but don't really know how much.

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
How do I even get this to run?
Make sure that your windows has prerequisite libraries and run the exe.

How do i reduce the inhibition of the surrounding town as efficiently as possible?
Dress principal in least inhibited clothing that does not result reputation impact. Run excibition club and participate in its events. Dose town with drugs. There are no major events that depend on townfolk inhibition.

Nah, I meant sissies. That's a bummer, seems like something that would be implemented.
You are using words that would indicate that you don't like that type of content.

Last edited:

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
how would I go about doing that?
Game runs fine on base Windows 11 Home install.

Otherwise
IMPORTANT: System requirements
  • Requires at least .NET Framework 4.8.
  • Requires the to be installed.

Technically Win11 Home comes with VC++ 2015 runtime and it works too. If you have regular gaming PC with Steam games, normal games are likely to install VC runtime.

Last edited:

M4st3r_69

Jan 29, 2023
can anyone tell me how to get the lockpicking event started? all i know is that i need to go to the park. but is there a specific time i need to go there?
You just have to wait for the thief to try to rob someone, then you choose the option of confronting him and telling him to teach you some tricks.

Sep 3, 2023
When you answer a question, you need to think "will this answer be useful to the person who asked the question?"

Make sure that your windows has prerequisite libraries and run the exe.
Nobody asking "how can I run this" with no other details is going to understand this answer.

You are using words that would indicate that you don't like that type of content.
This one really needs an explanation, it doesn't make sense.

Reading the paper is required.
If someone hasn't already done this, they don't know what or where the paper is. Let them know it's at the restaurant downtown.

Technically Win11 Home comes with VC++ 2015 runtime and it works too. If you have regular gaming PC with Steam games, normal games are likely to install VC runtime.
Again, this won't make sense to someone with little enough technical knowledge that they're just asking things like "how do I run this?" or "how would I do that?"
Before trying to answer, ask for more details. Are they getting an error message? Is the game crashing, is a window opening, is nothing happening at all? An example will follow.

• Haha
Reactions: Tsugumi
Sep 3, 2023
How do I even get this to run?
What problems are you having? When you try to run the exe, do you get an error message, or does something open and then crash, or does nothing happen at all? Have you unpacked the .zip or .7z file? Also, what operating system are you using?

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
Nobody asking "how can I run this" with no other details is going to understand this answer.
If person never bother to provide details about the problem, why should I be guessing from coffee mug.

This one really needs an explanation, it doesn't make sense.
I had no intention to explain in what context "sissy" is usually used. As far as know this game does not have anything that involves such behavior.

Last edited:

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
I had no intention to explain in what context "sissy" is usually used. As far as know this game does not have anything that involves such behavior.
As I replied. There's one character and questline for it (Shimakaze). Andy (the brother's name, right?) does have some corruption/gay/bottom content, but calling it sissy would be a stretch.

Last edited:
Reactions: gorgonzola_eater

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Game runs fine on base Windows 11 Home install.

Otherwise
IMPORTANT: System requirements

The Visual C++ 2010 stuff may actually be outdated nowadays. The SQLite version that targets .NET Framework 4.6 specifies the 2015 runtime as requirement. I guess I should update that in the opening post.

Reactions: Regardie

22cwcd

Dec 18, 2022
What problems are you having? When you try to run the exe, do you get an error message, or does something open and then crash, or does nothing happen at all? Have you unpacked the .zip or .7z file? Also, what operating system are you using?
this is the exact message I get, the game doesn't even start.

shutdown now. Sorry... :(
The invocation of the constructor on type 'hhs_.ContentFilterListUserControl' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.
The type initializer for 'hhs_.ContentFilterManager' threw an exception.
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Parallels\Parallels Tools\data\ContentFilter'.

I can't find a .zip or .7z file, so I'm not really sure. where would it be located in the game files?

Im on a MacBook, but I have windows 10 installed and everything.

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018

The invocation of the constructor on type 'hhs_.ContentFilterListUserControl' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Parallels\Parallels Tools\data\ContentFilter'.

I can't find a .zip or .7z file, so I'm not really sure. where would it be located in the game files?

If you get 'C:\Program Files\Parallels\Parallels Tools\data\ContentFilter' error, parallels tools are messing up with your current path for some reason. I would suspect that you tried to start game in Mac OS enviroment or you tried to start hhs+.exe from inside archive instead of unpacking archive and starting executable from inside windows guest. Parallels went through a lot to hide that you are running virtual windows machine. Use windows guest environment to start game instead expecting Parallels hacks to handle it on Mac OS.

Sep 3, 2023

The .zip or .7z wouldn't be in the files, it's the compressed file format you get when you download the game from the links here. All the game files are inside of it. Modern systems allow you to open them like a normal folder and even run files from them without unpacking (decompressing), but it can cause problems, as Dzeris suggested (that's what they meant by "start hhs+.exe from inside archive instead of unpacking archive"). If you're in Windows 10, there should be a setting to show file extensions in your file explorer, and you'll probably see that the folder the game is in is actually a .zip or .7z file. That could explain why the game can't find certain paths, so unpacking may solve the problem. Depending on your version of Windows you may be able to do this by right clicking and pressing unpack or unzip, or you may need to download the tool 7zip.

This game has a history of not working well in virtual machines (if you read back through the thread you'll see that). If you have a newer Mac with the Apple processor, the version of Windows you're running would be "Windows for ARM". As far as I know the game is entirely untested on that version of Windows, so it may just not work. If you have an older Mac with an Intel processor, you'd be using regular Windows and have the option of using Bootcamp instead of Parallels, which may give you better results if unpacking doesn't help.

3.50 star(s) 57 Votes