HTML Hermaphrodity and the Mystery of the Missing Specimens [v0.22] [Fapforce5]

3.70 star(s) 14 Votes

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
This version is full of bugs. Can't wash dishes because there never are any in the sink. Buy clothes per Missy's orders and they don't appear in your wardrobe. Missy says that she's going to pay you double for the day, and she doesn't.

Version wasn't properly tested before being released. Bugs are very obvious and should have been caught before inflicting this hot mess on players.

Reactions: Horny Lord

Fortified

Jan 13, 2018
I downloaded 19.2 to compare with and it has a lot more content.
But it also looks like the developer have begun to rework a bunch of stuff. And it looks really nice.
But the game is broken compared to older versions.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Yes, the game is much improved. I was really looking forward to playing with all of these new changes, but the game is too broken right now for me to continue. Hopefully they'll fix it ... quickly.

Tche

Jul 9, 2018
I've completed all investigations and classes available, but i still can't buy girl clothes, did i miss something?

AcTePuKc

Dec 2, 2020
You all miss the point that almost everything has been re-worked :) Will have to wait for v.22 - in April to play old/updated events - Start the game and read when you press the first button. C ya all in 4 months time

Reactions: _FapForce5

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
You all miss the point that almost everything has been re-worked :) Will have to wait for v.22 - in April to play old/updated events - Start the game and read when you press the first button. C ya all in 4 months time
You, sir, miss the point of what people are complaining about. The main issue isn't that some of the old content is missing. It's that the content that is in the game is buggy. As a game dev myself I'd rather not push a game out to the public in time for Christmas without taking the time to properly test it. It's one thing for a release to have subtle bugs. Most game releases do. But it's unacceptable for OBVIOUS bugs to slip past. It's sloppy. If Fapforce5 lacks testers they need to get some. If they do have testers they should fire the ones they have and get better testers.

_FapForce5

Sep 18, 2017
You, sir, miss the point of what people are complaining about. The main issue isn't that some of the old content is missing. It's that the content that is in the game is buggy. As a game dev myself I'd rather not push a game out to the public in time for Christmas without taking the time to properly test it. It's one thing for a release to have subtle bugs. Most game releases do. But it's unacceptable for OBVIOUS bugs to slip past. It's sloppy. If Fapforce5 lacks testers they need to get some. If they do have testers they should fire the ones they have and get better testers.
1. That's fair. I shouldn't have put out a release. It wasn't ready for the public. F95 admins, please remove the download links until I get a good version a few months from now.

2. I do take offense to you being so angry that you're calling on firing people 2 days before Christmas. While I've never been fired I have come across people who have and it can be life destroying. Please find it in your heart to refrain from such comments, there's other ways to express your displeasure.

3. It's a free game. With my Patreon I personally make about $300 a month. My artist and animator both make a lot more, but there isn't a budget for testers. There really isn't a budget for me. It's a labor of love. Something I do in my free time. I wanted to make a game and thought other's may enjoy playing it. Nothing more. I started the Patreon so I could afford to hire the artists to make it better. Not every game here is made by a AAA studio. Most are just people who enjoy making games in their spare time and want to share their creation with the world.

Finally. Please be kind to each other. We're all just people. I did not mean to ruin anyone's day. For those providing good criticism, thank you. I do listen and make changes / updates based on your comments.

AcTePuKc

Dec 2, 2020
1. That's fair. I shouldn't have put out a release. It wasn't ready for the public. F95 admins, please remove the download links until I get a good version a few months from now.

2. I do take offense to you being so angry that you're calling on firing people 2 days before Christmas. While I've never been fired I have come across people who have and it can be life destroying. Please find it in your heart to refrain from such comments, there's other ways to express your displeasure.

3. It's a free game. With my Patreon I personally make about $300 a month. My artist and animator both make a lot more, but there isn't a budget for testers. There really isn't a budget for me. It's a labor of love. Something I do in my free time. I wanted to make a game and thought other's may enjoy playing it. Nothing more. I started the Patreon so I could afford to hire the artists to make it better. Not every game here is made by a AAA studio. Most are just people who enjoy making games in their spare time and want to share their creation with the world.

Finally. Please be kind to each other. We're all just people. I did not mean to ruin anyone's day. For those providing good criticism, thank you. I do listen and make changes / updates based on your comments.
Complaining about free meals is the most annoying thing on this website.
I understand your frustration and unfortunately, I cannot support you at the moment, but when I can I will definitely do that as your game is one of the most wholesome and you've nearly finished it - which most of the devs drop their creation after a while and ... you know this enrage people :)
I wish that you leave us (users of F95) still to be able to play it - even if this state and hopefully they'll read and acknowledge that the game is given to them for free, they could give their opinion, but at least realize it's something that they cannot do and you're doing giving them your work for free and your time to entertain them to live their fantasy through your creation.
You are one of the creators here who still reads the comments here and helps when someone is stuck or needs technical help (I've previously sent you my save file due to me thinking I got stuck, but ... I just had to click on a door to continue the story :D )
I do enjoy your game, please don't take it down.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
there isn't a budget for testers
You shouldn't need to pay testers. The vast majority of game testers will do it for free. Why? Because they love a game and want to help it be better, and because they can get their hands on the game before anyone else does (even if what they're playing is buggy).

PS - Please set up a Discord server for this game.

cmllcmll

Feb 29, 2020
Why not make this game in renpy? renpy engine will do much better than Html for this kind of make choice game:unsure:

nescauuzinha

Jul 17, 2020
I prefer it in HTML because everyone can use Google Translate and put it in their original language without having to ask for a translated version, etc.

nescauuzinha

Jul 17, 2020
Yes, the game is much improved. I was really looking forward to playing with all of these new changes, but the game is too broken right now for me to continue. Hopefully they'll fix it ... quickly.
Instead of saying it's broken, tell me where it's broken, report the error, sometimes it's just you not knowing where to click

rothfuss

Dec 14, 2022
My fitness level is over 400, but Tiffany's quest hasn't started, and the gym doesn't seem to be accessible. What should I do? Is the game bugged?"

_FapForce5

Sep 18, 2017
My fitness level is over 400, but Tiffany's quest hasn't started, and the gym doesn't seem to be accessible. What should I do? Is the game bugged?"
It's an update from the ground up. The gym hasn't been updated yet, that's why it's not accessible. Did you go to work? The case selections are are at Missy's after you've worked 5 days.

rothfuss

Dec 14, 2022
It's an update from the ground up. The gym hasn't been updated yet, that's why it's not accessible. Did you go to work? The case selections are are at Missy's after you've worked 5 days.

Yes, I did. I completed all the previous case missions, and Missy wants me to increase my fitness level.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Instead of saying it's broken, tell me where it's broken, report the error, sometimes it's just you not knowing where to click
Two posts above the post that you quoted I did give precise examples of where the game is broken. Other players have also posted bug reports with specific examples. You should read threads fully before replying in them.

Reactions: fireboon

_FapForce5

Sep 18, 2017
Yes, I did. I completed all the previous case missions, and Missy wants me to increase my fitness level.
You need to wear panties to work.

I've been going back and forth on whether to force the user along the path, or have the player volunteer to go along the path. When I play a game like this I always put the panties on, but in your case you haven't. So the question is how to I both have the player volunteer to wear the panties and force them if they don't. I thought of several way, but have yet to add a good way. I'm not sure how many people won't put on the panties, but as you have shown, there are some that need to be forced in some way.

Reactions: rothfuss
3.70 star(s) 14 Votes