dragonborn309

Mar 26, 2021
what to do in training when running on the wall, I do not understand
You mean vertical walls? I used other high platform that is closer. Most likely dev planning to add wall running.
EDIT: After Dev's comment I tried and done it, you need to right-click to dash that platform. Also you need to look close to paralel to side you want to go, if you look too perpendicular to wall you can't run.
You can also use 2nd shortest platform to double jump & dash to get flying platform.

Last edited:

Bastus

May 1, 2021
View attachment 2075411

Overview:
HERO COLLEGE: The First Year, is a 3D Action/NSFW Game with a Semi-Open World and RPG elements
A new year starts and you have been accepted into the National Hero Academy,
one of the most prestigious hero universities,
in a world where almost the 90% of the population has some sort of superpower​

Thread Updated: 2022-10-01
Release Date: 2022-09-30
Developer: BerryCake - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.1 Beta
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

This feels familiar....

Mar 29, 2019
how the fuck can i pass the training
if every time some enemy is on the hihghest platforms how can i get ther????

is this luck based?? when you can pass if enemys all on the lower platforms?

dragonborn309

Mar 26, 2021
how the fuck can i pass the training
if every time some enemy is on the hihghest platforms how can i get ther????

is this luck based?? when you can pass if enemys all on the lower platforms?
Try jumping and dashing from 2nd shortest platform to lowest flying platform after that you can jump to highest platform.

If you can't do the wall running, try turn more to way you want to run, practice this on border walls before starting enemies.

Reactions: yoodies

tangre

Jun 13, 2017
The combat controls are way too difficult and eratic, the jumping from platforms is unpredictable, he constantly overshoots, I can't figure out how to get to the higher platforms. I run along the first sidways wall but I can't jump off the end, he just falls back down again.

Last edited:
Reactions: ash996 and yoodies

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
Always nice to see something ambitious with big game rpg elements. Hope this goes all the way

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Well, the wallrunning is either entirely too hard to activate or just doesn't work on my end. I go to the highest level that you can jump to, get as close to the wallrunning wall as possible, double jump and then dash when I reach it. After the dash runs out halfway along the wall I fall. I did this a few dozen times, trying different timings of the double jump, dash, and angle with nothing working.

I don't feel right putting up a review of this currently, but the action game controls and gameplay really need some work. The jumping onto platforms is really floaty, with you often sliding off the far side of a platform. There's the whole wallrunning thing, which the game doesn't indicate you can do (early demo, so something that can be fixed).

And then fact that you're stuck doing what's effectively a movement tutorial which you're being attacked. It's just bad design to force the player to learn movement controls in an "unsafe" environments in a tutorial. You first do the "here's a new movement thing" where the player is safe from enemies and ideally has an infinite healing option available. You don't do that when the player is under pressure, either from enemies or during a timed mission (I have some pissed off trauma from Assassin's Creed 2 having a new jump option that shows up like 2/3 of the way into a timed parkour puzzle.)

There's the fun thing of the game being a standard wasd and mouse movement, except that conversations only (as far as I can tell) recognize enter to choose options, requiring you to move 1 hand off the standard keyboard controls any time you are in a conversation.

Currently I'd give this a high 1 to low 2 star review, due to the gameplay of it being kinda shit. Everything else is fine, and obviously it's a demo so a lot will likely be fixed, but still it feels like the developer didn't really play the tutorial's jumping sections (or they just know the exact way to do it without thinking of how other players might try it.)

randomname2243

Oct 26, 2017
Well, the wallrunning is either entirely too hard to activate or just doesn't work on my end. I go to the highest level that you can jump to, get as close to the wallrunning wall as possible, double jump and then dash when I reach it. After the dash runs out halfway along the wall I fall. I did this a few dozen times, trying different timings of the double jump, dash, and angle with nothing working.

I don't feel right putting up a review of this currently, but the action game controls and gameplay really need some work. The jumping onto platforms is really floaty, with you often sliding off the far side of a platform. There's the whole wallrunning thing, which the game doesn't indicate you can do (early demo, so something that can be fixed).

And then fact that you're stuck doing what's effectively a movement tutorial which you're being attacked. It's just bad design to force the player to learn movement controls in an "unsafe" environments in a tutorial. You first do the "here's a new movement thing" where the player is safe from enemies and ideally has an infinite healing option available. You don't do that when the player is under pressure, either from enemies or during a timed mission (I have some pissed off trauma from Assassin's Creed 2 having a new jump option that shows up like 2/3 of the way into a timed parkour puzzle.)

There's the fun thing of the game being a standard wasd and mouse movement, except that conversations only (as far as I can tell) recognize enter to choose options, requiring you to move 1 hand off the standard keyboard controls any time you are in a conversation.

Currently I'd give this a high 1 to low 2 star review, due to the gameplay of it being kinda shit. Everything else is fine, and obviously it's a demo so a lot will likely be fixed, but still it feels like the developer didn't really play the tutorial's jumping sections (or they just know the exact way to do it without thinking of how other players might try it.)
Not to mention, it is easy(at least for me) to accidentally push a choice but only wanted to skip dialogue or at least get me to the point where l can choose.

berrycake

Creating Hero College
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2022

You're right about the "tutorial" being too difficult for casual players. I know how to do a proper tutorial but I had to cut a lot of content from the demo due to not having enough time for a September release (which I promised in the Discord Server). I will do a better one in the final game, that's for sure.
Still, the feedback of the movement and combat has been really positive overall, just a few tweaks and the AI needs a complete overhaul.
At the end this is an adult game and I want to put effort in the nsfw aspects so I can't make the most awesome combat ever seen, but I think it's pretty solid for a demo.

Thanks for the detailed feedback!

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes