Nirolten

Nov 12, 2020
Holy shit, the dam tutorial took me like 30 tries in under a hour.
Seriously the fucking wall running is a huge pain in the ass lol
Like you gotta sprint towards it than double jump than you have to time it PERFECTLY so you can dash to the platform.
Seriously....HTF did ya think this was a good idea for a tutorial? This reminds me of the infamous Driver I tutorial where the game expected you to know ALL the tricks to out running the police before you even played the first level lol

What's even worse is that I don't even don't even know how to do any of the H content with the students since I can't do anything but talk to them and their likeness bar never goes up :/
IT is really messy yes and you only have one scene for now as a male student with Kobe (the teacher) after you completed the 3 levels of training

berrycake

Creating Hero College
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2022
Holy shit, the dam tutorial took me like 30 tries in under a hour.
Seriously the fucking wall running is a huge pain in the ass lol
Like you gotta sprint towards it than double jump than you have to time it PERFECTLY so you can dash to the platform.
Seriously....HTF did ya think this was a good idea for a tutorial? This reminds me of the infamous Driver I tutorial where the game expected you to know ALL the tricks to out running the police before you even played the first level lol

What's even worse is that I don't even don't even know how to do any of the H content with the students since I can't do anything but talk to them and their likeness bar never goes up :/
Yep, apologies. I'm already fixing those issues in the new builds. Sometimes when I get focused too hard on complex aspects of the coding I can forget the most basic stuff such as the actual game difficulty.
There's only one scene with Kobe after completing the quests, you have to play as a male character

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
Yep, apologies. I'm already fixing those issues in the new builds. Sometimes when I get focused too hard on complex aspects of the coding I can forget the most basic stuff such as the actual game difficulty.
There's only one scene with Kobe after completing the quests, you have to play as a male character
That's good to know and sorry If I came off an ass. I posted that right after finishing the demo so I was still pretty frustrated lol

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Every NPC a titty monster? Makes every girl seem super similar in the preview. I hope there are enough NPCs looking more like the female MC shown at the very least. Those absurd proportions on every girl ruins it for me. If every girl has huge tits and hips like that, it's no longer special and doesn't stand out. How do you make a girl stand out for being curvy when the average already looks that absurd? Going to give her titties to her knees or something? Lol. The average already looks like they have trouble walking with proportions like that.

P.S: Maybe you want to rethink that common idle animation for women given the average breast size...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The combat makes me think it was going for the spiderman games combat or something, but I think it's lacking a bit of fluidity and agree it's probably "too snappy" right now. That review by LalkaAlan was pretty spot on. The lack of control when airjumping is a big one for me, especially if the game is going to really be about fighting on multiple levels like the tutorial indicates.

Definitely could use a block button and something that cancels attacks too as Lalka mentioned. Blocking isn't just an alternate way to avoid damage, it can also allow for more diversity in what enemies can do to you and can add a lot to the combat. Maybe there are some attacks that are unavoidable by dodging for example, like some giant laser type attack, explosions, homing missiles, etc. Adding that: "Do I dodge or do I block?" question adds complexity. If all you can do is dodge...people will just mindlessly spam dodge obviously. Blocking and enemies that require it makes the player think more. It is possible to make a good game with only one of course, I just don't know if the combat as it is now is really versatile enough to keep things interesting enough without it. I was already getting kind of bored after 15 minutes.

Sounds like at least the wall running will be worked on soon. Trick for wall running for those having issues is to not wall run all the way across, just use the wall running long enough to jump on top of the platform you're supposed to be wall running on. Much easier. Work smarter not harder, lol.

Managed to bug the game out while wall running too, lol. Character is stuck in the animation and sliding away on its own now.

All in all, too early to tell if this is worth looking forward to, I hope the dev can iron out the basics more before they worry too much about adding more complex shit. I've seen too many devs get in that cycle of never fully ironing shit out before they jump to the next hot thing they're interested in. Then everything ends up feeling incomplete and janky. I'd much rather see the basics already in game smoothed out more before any cool powers basically. Well, that would prevent the 100 pages of people complaining about the same thing anyways.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Horny Police Robot

berrycake

Creating Hero College
Game Developer
Jan 28, 2022
Every NPC a titty monster? Makes every girl seem super similar in the preview. I hope there are enough NPCs looking more like the female MC shown at the very least. Those absurd proportions on every girl ruins it for me. If every girl has huge tits and hips like that, it's no longer special and doesn't stand out. How do you make a girl stand out for being curvy when the average already looks that absurd? Going to give her titties to her knees or something? Lol. The average already looks like they have trouble walking with proportions like that.

P.S: Maybe you want to rethink that common idle animation for women given the average breast size...

The combat makes me think it was going for the spiderman games combat or something, but I think it's lacking a bit of fluidity and agree it's probably "too snappy" right now. That review by LalkaAlan was pretty spot on. The lack of control when airjumping is a big one for me, especially if the game is going to really be about fighting on multiple levels like the tutorial indicates.

Definitely could use a block button and something that cancels attacks too as Lalka mentioned. Blocking isn't just an alternate way to avoid damage, it can also allow for more diversity in what enemies can do to you and can add a lot to the combat. Maybe there are some attacks that are unavoidable by dodging for example, like some giant laser type attack, explosions, homing missiles, etc. Adding that: "Do I dodge or do I block?" question adds complexity. If all you can do is dodge...people will just mindlessly spam dodge obviously. Blocking and enemies that require it makes the player think more. It is possible to make a good game with only one of course, I just don't know if the combat as it is now is really versatile enough to keep things interesting enough without it. I was already getting kind of bored after 15 minutes.

Sounds like at least the wall running will be worked on soon. Trick for wall running for those having issues is to not wall run all the way across, just use the wall running long enough to jump on top of the platform you're supposed to be wall running on. Much easier. Work smarter not harder, lol.

Managed to bug the game out while wall running too, lol. Character is stuck in the animation and sliding away on its own now.

All in all, too early to tell if this is worth looking forward to, I hope the dev can iron out the basics more before they worry too much about adding more complex shit. I've seen too many devs get in that cycle of never fully ironing shit out before they jump to the next hot thing they're interested in. Then everything ends up feeling incomplete and janky. I'd much rather see the basics already in game smoothed out more before any cool powers basically. Well, that would prevent the 100 pages of people complaining about the same thing anyways.
Thank you for the review! Those are definitely things that I want to iron out, and I'm already working on them. I said this a few times (idk if here, maybe I did on the discord) but I'm doing a big refactor of the game to polish all those details and bugs. At the same time I'm keeping a "stable" build of this demo where I'm fixing bugs, doing some combat tweaks and adding new H-Content. The Patreon builds already have some of these issues solved.

Last edited:
Reactions: FruitSmoothie

Horny Police Robot

Feb 16, 2019
It's not Beta version. Amount of content only as for Tech - Demo. But not as for Beta or pre - Alpha with full Alpha. Yeah, if looking from mechanics it's Beta. But in whole state of game, it's Tech - Demo.

NovaArtemis

Jun 17, 2018
I like the current development. I'm pretty sure the combat will be further worked on in the future, though I'd still state some stuff that would be nice to have asap imo.

While performing combos, it would be great if the player can cancel mid-combo to a dash. This makes it more fast-paced and not "janky" since the character will be able to react faster. The addition of a dedicated block ability would be great too lol.

The combo sequences. They're great, though executing the next part takes quite some time. Thought I guess it can be argued that the character's attack speed is just low right now? These are all stuff that I think would be great to have asap on the combat aspect, making it a bit more fast paced and imo a bit better. Good luck on the game!

tailgunner

Sep 25, 2020
this platforming for vr training is miserable, i keep darting back and forth or sliding off or missing the wall run exit and falling short, graphics are cool

FunForFree

May 23, 2020
View attachment 2076321

Overview:
HERO COLLEGE: The First Year, is a 3D Action/NSFW Game with a Semi-Open World and RPG elements
A new year starts and you have been accepted into the National Hero Academy,
one of the most prestigious hero universities,
in a world where almost the 90% of the population has some sort of superpower​

Thread Updated: 2022-10-01
Release Date: 2022-09-30
Developer: BerryCake - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.1 Beta
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

please update

TheOneHusNot

Sep 7, 2021
This game have a lot of potential. I just wish that it doesn't end up like a yandere thing out there that never ends...
Anyway, like many said, the tutorial is really hard to get the hang of it. The platforming is terrible, hope that got fixed.
Also, slow down with the reference stuff. They get really mad with this kind of thing, even more with something straight out of Shonen Jump. Change this, you don't wanna start a stupid "war" with them.

Kuromarutaur

Jun 19, 2020
This game have a lot of potential. I just wish that it doesn't end up like a yandere thing out there that never ends...
Anyway, like many said, the tutorial is really hard to get the hang of it. The platforming is terrible, hope that got fixed.
Also, slow down with the reference stuff. They get really mad with this kind of thing, even more with something straight out of Shonen Jump. Change this, you don't wanna start a stupid "war" with them.
I never got all that yandere sim hate.
Sure, it updates very slowly, but come on, even if dev never finish it, there is already enough content in it to be a playable, fun game. This so much better compared to majority of patreon games, that is tend to stuck in forever tech demo state for years, or get abandoned after 0.01 version.
And it's free, it's not like yandere dev takes your money for trying his game.

Anyway, this game has a great potential, i hope it will not be abandoned like many other adult 3d games.

TheOneHusNot

Sep 7, 2021
I never got all that yandere sim hate.
Sure, it updates very slowly, but come on, even if dev never finish it, there is already enough content in it to be a playable, fun game. This so much better compared to majority of patreon games, that is tend to stuck in forever tech demo state for years, or get abandoned after 0.01 version.
And it's free, it's not like yandere dev takes your money for trying his game.

Anyway, this game has a great potential, i hope it will not be abandoned like many other adult 3d games.
Then go do a little research about Yanderev if you don't know and you'll may understand why. He's a big a**hole.

Kuromarutaur

Jun 19, 2020
Then go do a little research about Yanderev if you don't know and you'll may understand why. He's a big a**hole.
Separate art from the artist, I don't know who he/she is, and to be honest, do not care.
As a game itself, Yandere Simulator is leagues above than the most of the other unfinished 3D games here.
If I start digging info about every game creator here, I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of dirt. And I better spend time enjoying the games, than hating their creators.

TheOneHusNot

Sep 7, 2021
Separate art from the artist, I don't know who he/she is, and to be honest, do not care.
As a game itself, Yandere Simulator is leagues above than the most of the other unfinished 3D games here.
If I start digging info about every game creator here, I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of dirt. And I better spend time enjoying the games, than hating their creators.
I usually don't give a shit about artists personal lifes, but...
This guy probably never finish the game. He's literally stealing people's money. Once a single guy literally "finished his game". A guy alone in 3 months finished the game with a new title, because he was tired of waiting. Yanderev threatened the guy and said he was about to kill himself and yada yada. He done this a lot every single time someone ask him about the game. If you ask when he will finish the game, he tantrum and blocks you from his social media.
I don't care to what other people do, but this guy doesn't deserve respect or anything like it.

lancecomwar

Oct 5, 2017
Anyone with patreon knows whats in the new update?
a sex scene with the other student/ improved combat and platforming

he’s said he’ll post the recent build soon…ish. he’s also said he needs to reevaluate what he’s doing and get a new good base going before he publicly updates this again, so he hasn’t charged us for the past two months.

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes