Agrippa

Aug 5, 2016
Very weird bug, I replayed the game and didn't have this issue. You could try to fix it by going through the reunion scene again, it should set the variables in the correct way:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This event will auto-trigger once you skip time to night time.

Thank you for your assistance, but it's still borked:

I used the patch to change the name of the main character, and also manually set the w_horns variable, if those are things you think may be causing the bug? It's about the only thing I can think of. Unless the game doesn't properly clear the curse bar when you keep playing till you get all the pillow talk events?

nitrolith

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2021
Thank you for your assistance, but it's still borked:

I used the patch to change the name of the main character, and also manually set the w_horns variable, if those are things you think may be causing the bug? It's about the only thing I can think of. Unless the game doesn't properly clear the curse bar when you keep playing till you get all the pillow talk events?
Changing the name and that other variable shouldn't affect things at all.

After Sera's curse break scene, you should try to input the command I gave you, it has to be done during the morning so when you skip time to night, it will trigger that event.
After that event triggers, you should continue playing the game from that point, no need to backtrack. At the end of that event it will set all the variables and you can continue normally the next morning.

The only reason this bug could be happening is maybe because of backtracking and bouncing between events? not sure to be honest.

Reactions: Agrippa

Agrippa

Aug 5, 2016
Changing the name and that other variable shouldn't affect things at all.

After Sera's curse break scene, you should try to input the command I gave you, it has to be done during the morning so when you skip time to night, it will trigger that event.
After that event triggers, you should continue playing the game from that point, no need to backtrack. At the end of that event it will set all the variables and you can continue normally the next morning.

The only reason this bug could be happening is maybe because of backtracking and bouncing between events? not sure to be honest.
Hey, thank you very much for taking the time to try and fix this; it's really appreciated. Unfortunately, setting the variable during the morning doesn't do anything. No event auto-triggers, and manually talking to Cecille brings up the same scene.

nitrolith

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2021
Hey, thank you very much for taking the time to try and fix this; it's really appreciated. Unfortunately, setting the variable during the morning doesn't do anything. No event auto-triggers, and manually talking to Cecille brings up the same scene.
Hm, strange. If you input the command I gave you. Then when you skip to night time, the scene should trigger automatically, meaning you won't get the chance to talk to Cecille or even get the Talk/train menu. It should take you directly to the correct scene and from that point continue the game.

I've tried it already and it seems to work on my end.

Maybe try it again? start during morning. Input the command in the console. Skip time twice to get to night time, it should trigger the right event automatically.

Agrippa

Aug 5, 2016
Hm, strange. If you input the command I gave you. Then when you skip to night time, the scene should trigger automatically, meaning you won't get the chance to talk to Cecille or even get the Talk/train menu. It should take you directly to the correct scene and from that point continue the game.

I've tried it already and it seems to work on my end.

Maybe try it again? start during morning. Input the command in the console. Skip time twice to get to night time, it should trigger the right event automatically.
Sorry, but I've tried, and that still doesn't work. Just to be sure: I go through the auto-event the morning after Sera's curse breaks, open the console, paste auto_event_bag.append("p_reunion") then skip to have the chat with Erin praising Sera, and skip to night, where the scene is supposed to trigger but doesn't. If there's something I should do differently, I'm obviously eager to try.

nitrolith

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2021
Sorry, but I've tried, and that still doesn't work. Just to be sure: I go through the auto-event the morning after Sera's curse breaks, open the console, paste auto_event_bag.append("p_reunion") then skip to have the chat with Erin praising Sera, and skip to night, where the scene is supposed to trigger but doesn't. If there's something I should do differently, I'm obviously eager to try.
Ah, I see. We can try clearing the variable before changing:

If this doesn't work, pass me your save file and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,

Agrippa

Aug 5, 2016
No, thank you for taking so much time on this. Here's the save file, as it looks like clearing the variable didn't work (I really hope this is me being a dumbass and not something worse).

Reactions: sugar944

nitrolith

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2021
No, thank you for taking so much time on this. Here's the save file, as it looks like clearing the variable didn't work (I really hope this is me being a dumbass and not something worse).
I was able to trigger the scene but there are a lot of other things wrong with that save, it's hard to retrace how you got there exactly. So I just started over and stopped after Sera's curse break. I played ahead and the correct scenes seem to trigger just fine.

Agrippa

Aug 5, 2016
I was able to trigger the scene but there are a lot of other things wrong with that save, it's hard to retrace how you got there exactly. So I just started over and stopped after Sera's curse break. I played ahead and the correct scenes seem to trigger just fine.
Thank you very much, and sorry for all the trouble! I just did events as soon as they became available so I don't really understand where all the issues came from.

EDIT: I'm sorry, but it looks like, no matter what I do, the game keeps messing the save up. Here's what it looks like after going through me. I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for you, so thank you for your patience, I'm just uploading this in hopes that it will help you rather than you troubleshooting it for me, at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: nitrolith

nitrolith

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2021
Thank you very much, and sorry for all the trouble! I just did events as soon as they became available so I don't really understand where all the issues came from.

EDIT: I'm sorry, but it looks like, no matter what I do, the game keeps messing the save up. Here's what it looks like after going through me. I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for you, so thank you for your patience, I'm just uploading this in hopes that it will help you rather than you troubleshooting it for me, at this point.
Well, in the second phase of Cecille, you're not supposed to try to break her curse. It's going to happen after progressing the story. So, rather than trying to max the bar. You should just follow the story and it will trigger the events one by one.
You don't need to care about the bar at all. Maybe try to start from the save I gave you and follow the events without maxing the bar.

Agrippa

Aug 5, 2016
Well, in the second phase of Cecille, you're not supposed to try to break her curse. It's going to happen after progressing the story. So, rather than trying to max the bar. You should just follow the story and it will trigger the events one by one.
You don't need to care about the bar at all. Maybe try to start from the save I gave you and follow the events without maxing the bar.
This is the save you gave me after I tried to trigger the scene, ended up in the night slot, and saved to show what the Hell may be going on. Maybe something with the persistent file is making things go awry? Could you tell me in what folder in the Appdata\Roaming\Renpy the backup saves are? I haven't been able to find them.

EDIT: Never mind, I redownloaded the game, and now the save works. I don't know what went wrong with the first one, as I only patched the name thing and added access to the console, but, well, mysteries of computers. Thank you for your assistance and patience.

Last edited:
Reactions: nitrolith

nitrolith

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2021
This is the save you gave me after I tried to trigger the scene, ended up in the night slot, and saved to show what the Hell may be going on. Maybe something with the persistent file is making things go awry? Could you tell me in what folder in the Appdata\Roaming\Renpy the backup saves are? I haven't been able to find them.
Oh, interesting. Because I saw the curse maxed out so I thought you tried to grind for it. Also another thing is that with the save I gave you, you don't need to put a command or anything like that. Just load and play the game normally.

I'm not sure the persistent file could be behind it, because it seems like something an outside tool changing the values would do. But who knows.
The persistent file and other save data should be in the \AppData\Roaming\RenPy\[[game name]]

Just put %appdata% in the search bar, it should take you to the folder and from there select RenPy and then the game folder.

wwxxyyzz

Jan 10, 2019
Figured I'd chime in as someone who was having that same problem, I found that the problem was in fact the name change patch. A clean game install fixed the problem while adding the name change patch brought the problem back. I didnt bother locating the exact cause but its changing the whole script.rpy file so maybe its just not updated to a current version of the script?

nitrolith

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2021
Figured I'd chime in as someone who was having that same problem, I found that the problem was in fact the name change patch. A clean game install fixed the problem while adding the name change patch brought the problem back. I didnt bother locating the exact cause but its changing the whole script.rpy file so maybe its just not updated to a current version of the script?
You don't really need a patch to change the MC's name. It's very simple. You can just put this command in the console:

m = Character("Anon", color="#cf1111")

Replace Anon with whatever name you want to give Mars.

darkblade177

Dec 17, 2021
Well, just reached elena's minigames, i feel like cheating playing it this way.

On the next release will elena's minigame already has its "progression" (not being able to see all position from day one)?
I was thinking in waiting for it :D

Dudlbert

Apr 16, 2020
Made a small patch to change MC name.

nitrolith I'm curious you set it all up to easily allow for custom character names, but commented the lines why did you do it?

btw incredibly tidy code, a delight to read. You learned to code with javascript, right? Since your functions are written in that style.

Love your game, wish you the best.
Two questions:
1 Could it be that your patch doesnt work with the current version? I get an error while still being in the prologue/intro
2 Is it possible to change the name midgame? i dont want to play all over again only for a name change :D

Thx in advance!

SASHAKAMEN

Aug 9, 2019
Played for first time and must say dev u make great game, can't wait more updates. shame we have only two scens with Vi,even if shee is not my favorite, wish dev make a scene were we use her as cock sleeve( impale her on cock in mid air like Pippr Perri) and repetitive scenes like Mc fills her belly with mana(spunk). btw what is the update interval?

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 268 Votes