outsider artisan

Developer of Succubus Stories.
Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
I expect to see even futas here
Futa content is planned! It will be a spell, and the player will be able to remain in futa "mode" outside sex scenes, unlike SS.
and more pictures in the sex scenes, like when you have lesbian sex with a girl but when you scissor her you're still licking her pussy, andlittle things but is too early to say more now.
More CGs are planned! More art of all kinds, really!
The only thing that happends to me sometimes when I'm in a fight is a lag in the parry circle mode.
Could be my pc, but I play heavier games with it without problem but never say never.
Yes, the deflection animation does skip frames sometimes when it starts. This seems to mostly be a thing that happens in the first few deflections of a play session, in my experience.

I have made the code running the animation extremely efficient over the last few months, but I've reached a bit of a plateau where further efficiency is just gonna take more and more refactors that are gonna take longer and longer. This will improve over time, though.

One thing that is worth pointing out is that the logic is tied to the animation itself, so if the circles overlap, you will get the perfect deflection if you click at that time, even if the animation seems to drop frames.

Reactions: xRoguex

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Well, this was an unexpected but awesome surprise! I only very lightly skimmed some of the game because I want to wait for it to have much more content so I can sit down and play it properly, but I'm impressed by what I've seen so far!
I'm glad! I will be releasing some additional updates for the alpha over the next month or two, so I hope you'll play it more thoroughly then!
The VN style gives the game a distinct feel compared to Succubus Stories, and I like that you've clearly taken what you've learned and expanded upon it. Even something as simple as sex noises during the scenes improves the experience a lot.
I'm glad the new presentation and the audio have enhanced the experience. In have definitely taken some of the criticism and shortcomings or SS to heart. Players who helped identify those issues and problem areas have really helped me to make this game better.
Minor nitpick, but the lack of capitalization for the "the man" name header irked me. I guess technically it's not a proper noun so it doesn't need capitalized, but it's inconsistent with the other names.
I can see why this is a bit of a style issue. I considered both "The man" and "The Man" but honestly neither looked right to me. One option would be to all-caps everything in the name box there too, which I also considered briefly. I'll play around with it and see if I can come up with something better.

Reactions: Hargan2

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Wait outsider artisan i know you liked my comment but is pregnancy actually planned or no?
Some sort of "pregnancy" similar to how it works in Succubus Stories is planned for the mid or long term. Not in the alpha though, so it'll be a while, and it probably won't be a massive part of the game (basically it'll be just like in SS, if you're familiar with how it works there). Hex isn't gonna be like a breeding fetish game, though.

Reactions: PoyntFury

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I can see why this is a bit of a style issue. I considered both "The man" and "The Man" but honestly neither looked right to me. One option would be to all-caps everything in the name box there too, which I also considered briefly. I'll play around with it and see if I can come up with something better.
If it were me, I'd probably drop the "the" and just have him as "Man," that makes more sense to me stylistically. But I'm a complete buffoon, so there's probably a better way to do it.

Reactions: outsider artisan

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Windows 10, 64bit
That's what I use, works fine for me. Have you tried re-downloading it? Could be the files somehow got corrupted. Might try to get the files from Itch.io instead too, as I know those should work.

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
Futa content is planned! It will be a spell, and the player will be able to remain in futa "mode" outside sex scenes, unlike SS.
I think is better and even enemies or other characters can be that way too if you're planning to do it.
More CGs are planned! More art of all kinds, really!
My only concern is something like SS coming out. The art is really good but the fact when you do an action and the CG doesn't represent/match that action it feels kinda off.
Yes, the deflection animation does skip frames sometimes when it starts. This seems to mostly be a thing that happens in the first few deflections of a play session, in my experience.

I have made the code running the animation extremely efficient over the last few months, but I've reached a bit of a plateau where further efficiency is just gonna take more and more refactors that are gonna take longer and longer. This will improve over time, though.

One thing that is worth pointing out is that the logic is tied to the animation itself, so if the circles overlap, you will get the perfect deflection if you click at that time, even if the animation seems to drop frames.
Ok it's exactly the same happening to me, but nothing that bad.

Are you planning on making different results after fights (win and/or lose) like rape, imprison, slavery or even asking casually for consensual sex? :sneaky:

Reactions: outsider artisan

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
I think is better and even enemies or other characters can be that way too if you're planning to do it.
I think I might make it so there's some chance of futas spawning but being rare, then obviously you can use magic on people to reconfigure their bits if you want to.
My only concern is something like SS coming out. The art is really good but the fact when you do an action and the CG doesn't represent/match that action it feels kinda off.
So, there are two/three ways we can go with this and we aren't sure how we're gonna handle it.
  1. A cut-in; you pick an action and a small CG appears over the normal stuff on the screen, depicting that action, then disappears. Think of how character eyes show up in Persona. Like you'd pick "tit fuck" and you'd see that as a cut-in, but the background CG stays the same, just cycling a few variants. There would be several different overall CG sets.
  2. We actually have different variants for each move. This would limit the number of possible CG sets we can have, but the benefit is it looks right.
  3. Like SS, we just have many different CGs and we don't worry about matching moves.
There are going to be less moves in this game than SS, so 1 & 2 would be possible. I lean toward 1 myself, that's the direction I think I want to go in. 2 is possible. 3 is unlikely to be where we end up, but it's possible the game will end up like this for a while in the short term just because it's easier.
Ok it's exactly the same happening to me, but nothing that bad.
Yeah, it's not super bad, but it does stutter and given the level of complexity of the animation, it really shouldn't. Ever. Lol. But I will make it better over time. One way to look at it is that it's the worst it will ever be right now!
Are you planning on making different results after fights (win and/or lose) like rape, imprison, slavery or even asking casually for consensual sex? :sneaky:
Yes and no. The losing system isn't complete. The way it's gonna work will be somewhat lighthearted, though, nothing super serious like rape or slavery. Instead when you lose to enemies of human intelligence they'll rob you, and you can offer them your body to distract them to avoid being robbed, or just let them take the money (it'll be a percentage of your on hand money, probably, with a hard upper limit).

I also plan to have the occasional scene where a character surrenders to you after a fight and you have some options on what to do with them.

There won't be anything to rapey, though.

Reactions: xRoguex

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Great little game, lacks content now but can't wait to see more. Also, any chance there will be animated scenes in the future or only pictures?
Probably not. It's something we talked about and experimented with a little, but we have a limited amount of MBs to spend to keep the game available on the web and I'd rather spend that in just more CGs and art in general I think.

Reactions: The Ancardia Codex
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes