VN Ren'Py Abandoned Higher Education [v0.01.1] [Acton Belle]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
higher_education.gif

Overview:
Sam is a 19-year-old, inexperienced, a bit naive, and some may even say conceited girl, ready to take on the world. The story starts when she leaves her home for the first time, moving away to college with her best friend. Follow her on her quest to spread her wings, meet many new people, and help decide her fate.​

Thread Updated: 2023-11-20
Release Date: 2023-11-07
Developer: Acton Belle - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.01.1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - - -
Mac: - - - - -
Android: - - - - -

01.png 02.png 03.png 04.png 05.png 06.png 07.png 08.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Thankyou muchly, hun.

See, you can be nice when you try. You didn't insult me one then. I knew you loved me.
Of course I do little Welshcake, why would I insult you? I wouldn't want to give your mirror any competition to your lovely company and complexion.

• Haha
Reactions: Avaron1974

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I like what I read in the Dev notes, definitely goes on the list of promising lesbian games. :D

clebann

Aug 2, 2020
A lesbian focused game? Looks great.

As for kinks, Sam could use a sister if you catch my drift :sneaky:

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Honestly, quite impressed so far. While there are certainly some rough patches with the dialogue, it' still better than the vast majority of stuff being written by native English speakers around here.

Plus, the attention to detail? The subtle animations with the character sprites? The novel background art, and how the paperdolls are animated around the scene to effectively give the audience stage directions? How there are small but subtle changes to dialogue as the MC leans into being more dominant or submissive?

While I haven't finished it yet, I'm about an hour in and I am pleasantly surprised by what I have seen. Part of what is taking me so long is that I am taking notes/screencaps for a follow-up post for some dialogue editing suggestions.

ActonBelle

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2023
ActonBelle Congratulations on your first release! Good luck!

Please get a Developers badge by opening a ticket:
Thank you! :)

I like what I read in the Dev notes, definitely goes on the list of promising lesbian games. :D
Thank you for your kind words. I'd like to point out that even though there's only a lesbian scene in the initial build, there are 11 main love interests altogether, both male and female. So it's more like a bisexual game :D But you can completely friendzone the guys and play as a pure lesbian (or vice versa) :)

it looks very promising. :love:
any female teacher in the future?:)
Thank you :) While there's no main female teacher love interest, I may add one just as a one-off kind of deal, but that would be somewhere in the (rather far) future.

A lesbian focused game? Looks great.

As for kinks, Sam could use a sister if you catch my drift :sneaky:
I do catch your drift :D I'm not personally opposed to it, if someone wants to make a patch, I might even be open to drawing some requests with existing/OC characters, but I don't plan on including that in the official build (as well as some other kinks that are not ok on Patreon).

Honestly, quite impressed so far. While there are certainly some rough patches with the dialogue, it' still better than the vast majority of stuff being written by native English speakers around here.

Plus, the attention to detail? The subtle animations with the character sprites? The novel background art, and how the paperdolls are animated around the scene to effectively give the audience stage directions? How there are small but subtle changes to dialogue as the MC leans into being more dominant or submissive?

While I haven't finished it yet, I'm about an hour in and I am pleasantly surprised by what I have seen. Part of what is taking me so long is that I am taking notes/screencaps for a follow-up post for some dialogue editing suggestions.
Thank you! I am so happy someone appreciates those little things. I had a lot of fun making them :D I'd be grateful for any tips in the dialogue/writing area. I do recognize that as my biggest weakness.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Screenshot 2023-11-20 154811.png

I'll admit, I always have a bit of trepidation when I see animation being included, because it's usually sub-par to godawful 99% of the time. But this game used animation subtly and to great effect. So much so that I had to point this out for being a fantastic implementation and really creative.

This is from the shower scene at the end of this version, and the parts I've circled in red are animated streaks of water. It is a subtle effect, but there are around a half a dozen or so of these steaks. It gives the illusion of a bead of water forming, then running down the surface, before fading away. It is rotating through these streak effects seemingly at random, so you typically won't see more than 2~3 at once, before they fade and others appear. This goes on for the duration of the shower scene, with the effect being used in the other stills as well, all the while the white 'rain drops' are continuously dropping over the whole image.

Again, subtle and smart use of limited animation and resources. Whoever made this clearly put a lot of thought into it, and it shows. Fuckin' bravo.

citizen-kane-slow-clap.gif

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
View attachment 3104045

I'll admit, I always have a bit of trepidation when I see animation being included, because it's usually sub-par to godawful 99% of the time. But this game used animation subtly and to great effect. So much so that I had to point this out for being a fantastic implementation and really creative.

This is from the shower scene at the end of this version, and the parts I've circled in red are animated streaks of water. It is a subtle effect, but there are around a half a dozen or so of these steaks. It gives the illusion of a bead of water forming, then running down the surface, before fading away. It is rotating through these streak effects seemingly at random, so you typically won't see more than 2~3 at once, before they fade and others appear. This goes on for the duration of the shower scene, with the effect being used in the other stills as well, all the while the white 'rain drops' are continuously dropping over the whole image.

Again, subtle and smart use of limited animation and resources. Whoever made this clearly put a lot of thought into it, and it shows. Fuckin' bravo.

View attachment 3104079
I'm with you. The simple subtle animations add way more to games like these, opposed to the sex animations that almost always look too rigid because it ended up being to much effort or the developers PC couldn't handle it.

ActonBelle This is a great first outing. I'll be rooting for you.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ActonBelle

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Okay, so this is just some suggestions to make the writing and dialogue more natural sounding. There are very few obvious mistakes, and most of what caught my attention was odd wording or an unnatural feeling or tone. Otherwise, the writing and grammar are pretty solid, and impressive for a non-native speaker.

Use of Spoiler tags to keep the thread 'clean', since I just took screenshots of the lines I wanted to talk about.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

lollady1

Jan 4, 2023
The art looks amazing! I’m excited for the male love interest routes! I’ll definitely be following this project. Good luck!

• Red Heart

clebann

Aug 2, 2020
I do catch your drift :D I'm not personally opposed to it, if someone wants to make a patch, I might even be open to drawing some requests with existing/OC characters, but I don't plan on including that in the official build (as well as some other kinks that are not ok on Patreon).
lol making me want to finally sit down and learn python properly. I do recommend Subscribestar, at least as an alternative/backup. Its less restrictive on content, and so less likely to suddenly get shut down.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote