Ren'Py Abandoned Highschool Rosewood [v0.358] [Arpibald]

Arpibald

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
PMFootGames the game don't have a main-story, but you can meet the characters and understand their backstories and maybe accept some tasks from them which could be short or long, and some of them contains lewd stuff and some of them don't. Some of the characters you can't get in a sexual relationship's gonna have the longer stories/tasks. I plan to add now Easy and Hard mode, so it won't be so extreme to maintain your characters statistics.

HBKTheIcon69 I'm going to do that in the future versions, it's on my list man!

Reactions: e-disfunction

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
PMFootGames the game don't have a main-story, but you can meet the characters and understand their backstories and maybe accept some tasks from them which could be short or long, and some of them contains lewd stuff and some of them don't. Some of the characters you can't get in a sexual relationship's gonna have the longer stories/tasks. I plan to add now Easy and Hard mode, so it won't be so extreme to maintain your characters statistics.

HBKTheIcon69 I'm going to do that in the future versions, it's on my list man!
Arpibald, please use the "Reply" button to respond to one comment or the "Quote" button to respond to many comments simultaneously.

It is much better to see what you are refering to in your replies than just see a meaningless link to a member account.

e-d

Reactions: Arpibald

Arpibald

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Arpibald, please use the "Reply" button to respond to one comment or the "Quote" button to respond to many comments simultaneously.

It is much better to see what you are refering to in your replies than just see a meaningless link to a member account.

e-d
Alrighty, thanks! :)

Reactions: e-disfunction

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Hmm, so the tutorial kinda suggests that there will be no content with Gwen, even though she will be 18 in game?
Not sure about this decision. I feel like Gwen is a popular character. Dont get me wrong, I decided to check out this game out for the other characters as well, but she is also right there on the cover(Title Banner?) so a tad misleading I'd say. Just my thoughts on it anyways.

Haven't done much of anything yet but I've already noticed some inconveniences that are already echoed here and it looks like you are working on it already so thats all i have for now.

brainroid

Dec 6, 2018
jup, this game's just like any other ren'py game. only that the convenience has been taken out and annoyances put in. Def needs some quality of life improvements to be fun. Which looking at the comments it will get, so that's good. potential is there

Arpibald

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
jup, this game's just like any other ren'py game. only that the convenience has been taken out and annoyances put in. Def needs some quality of life improvements to be fun. Which looking at the comments it will get, so that's good. potential is there
Seems like you don't get used to these kind of stuff... you know I just don't want to let the players click 2 and boom here's a h-scene, I wanted something hard, but a lot of people struggles with it so I'm currently adding a Gamemode-switch. There will be Easy mode, and Hard mode. Will see how it goes.

If you have any "quality of life improvements" please feel free to join our Discord and share your ideas. Might add them in the upcoming versions too! :)

Arpibald

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
When you add different mechanics like hunger and hygiene, ask yourself: "What does it add to gameplay?"
If your answer does not include adding some actual content value, but instead adds more empty gameplay time, you are doing something wrong.
Hey man, it is what it is... be patient and wait for the gamemode switch, and play on Easy mode then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

brainroid

Dec 6, 2018
Seems like you don't get used to these kind of stuff... you know I just don't want to let the players click 2 and boom here's a h-scene, I wanted something hard, but a lot of people struggles with it so I'm currently adding a Gamemode-switch. There will be Easy mode, and Hard mode. Will see how it goes.

If you have any "quality of life improvements" please feel free to join our Discord and share your ideas. Might add them in the upcoming versions too! :)
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind having to shower etc, mechanics like that are fine in general and help make a game stand out more, but if you have to walk all the way to the shower, through multiple loading zones, then wait while showering, then walk back, that's simply no fun having to do that again and again and is a time waste. The mechanics etc are interesting, but it's basically just a chore at this point. If maybe there was a minimap where you could fast travel for things you have to do anyway, I don't think that would take away from the game. anyway, still the beginning, keep it up

Arpibald

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Any console commands? Just looking for money for the time being as no idea how to earn any money.
The only way to earn money now is by selling weed (Frankie's Task) and clean up the corridors (Kim's Task)