Ren'Py Abandoned Highschool Rosewood [v0.358] [Arpibald]

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
When you add different mechanics like hunger and hygiene, ask yourself: "What does it add to gameplay?"
If your answer does not include adding some actual content value, but instead adds more empty gameplay time, you are doing something wrong.
Hey man, it is what it is... be patient and wait for the gamemode switch, and play on Easy mode then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
KeianD might be making a suggestion for all game making (and story writing, business plans, etc.) and not just Keian's personal preference for your game.

With that in mind, does it help you to plan the remainder of your ideas for the game at least?

Arpibald

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
KeianD might be making a suggestion for all game making (and story writing, business plans, etc.) and not just Keian's personal preference for your game.

With that in mind, does it help you to plan the remainder of your ideas for the game at least?
I'm not sure I understand this sorry. I'm just answering him, if he don't like it, we can fix it, I plan to add an Easy mode, so he don't struggle with it. I already wrote that down why I added these stuff... I don't want the game just throw h-scenes left and right in your face, but you have to earn it somehow you know.

HornyBorny

Apr 29, 2018
Right click to pause like any other ren'py game?

Roll back feature added back?

Possibly to speed up the text?

These were pretty dumb to remove...

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
I'm not sure I understand this sorry. I'm just answering him, if he don't like it, we can fix it, I plan to add an Easy mode, so he don't struggle with it. I already wrote that down why I added these stuff... I don't want the game just throw h-scenes left and right in your face, but you have to earn it somehow you know.
He/She may NOT be requesting anything!

Keian might be giving a writing tool to you--you are a game creator. This tool will help you decide what or what not to put into your game!

It is a very powerful tool! It can also be used to make a business plan, request a bank loan, write a resumé or stories, and many other things in real life!

e-d

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Arpibald

Arpibald

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
He/She may NOT be requesting anything!

Keian might be giving a writing tool to you--you are a game creator. This tool will help you decide what or what not to put into your game!

It is a very powerful tool! It can also be used to make a business plan, request a bank loan, write a resumé or stories, and many other things in real life!

e-d
Okay, well thanks for pointing that out. English is not my first language sometimes I mistake what people said.

Reactions: e-disfunction

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
Okay, well thanks for pointing that out. English is not my first language sometimes I mistake what people said.
Just read everyone's post carefully.

Do NOT assume you know what someone is saying before you actually read it. Do NOT assume everyone is requesting something to be added to your game!

You asked for feedback so they might be giving feedback, or constructive critique, or offering suggestions based on their experience, too!

e-d

Arpibald

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Just read everyone's post carefully.

Do NOT assume you know what someone is saying before you actually read it. Do NOT assume everyone is requesting something to be added to your game!

You asked for feedback so they might be giving feedback, or constructive critique, or offering suggestions based on their experience, too!

e-d
You're right. I should be more careful!

Reactions: e-disfunction

peixe751

Jul 7, 2017
Decided to try the game and i suddenly read this word LMAO. this really took me by surprise.(dont worry guys its nothing troublesome)

1595271129178.png

• Haha

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Huh...you know when I saw drugs in the tags i thought it would be like a side thing... something minor. But it turns out smoking and weed is a main mechanic in this game? Do all the girls smoke?
I am not a smoker and if I'm honest smoking is kind of a turn of for me. Didn't realize the characters would keep asking me for cigs or to smoke with them. It might seem weird to you...but I find it a bit odd.
So am I to take it that it will be major part of the game then?

Arpibald

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Huh...you know when I saw drugs in the tags i thought it would be like a side thing... something minor. But it turns out smoking and weed is a main mechanic in this game? Do all the girls smoke?
I am not a smoker and if I'm honest smoking is kind of a turn of for me. Didn't realize the characters would keep asking me for cigs or to smoke with them. It might seem weird to you...but I find it a bit odd.
So am I to take it that it will be major part of the game then?
By smoking they meant cigs not weed, but it's not a major part, just a side thing.
There's a lot more stuff coming up, maybe they distract you from this, and sorry for that turned you off...
Anyways... it's been a long day, I already fixed some stuff that people brings up here, and tomorrow might finish them all. Good night. : )

Daveiy

Mar 6, 2018
love the art style
pls add mikasa, anni (could be dom) and christa from attack on titan and momo yaoyorozu and ochako uraraka from my hero academia :)

cchance

Mar 7, 2018
I'm fine with a launcher, and actually think it's a cool idea but it's a pretty slow implementation. It seems to be checking every file seperately instead of downloading a list and checking against that like most of them.

I like the art style but the gameplay doesn't feel rewarding at all as others have gone into.

And that it wants admin access is kind of...no, I'm not doing that again.

Good luck with the game, I hope I have a chance to see it again later.

• Sad

Arpibald

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
I'm fine with a launcher, and actually think it's a cool idea but it's a pretty slow implementation. It seems to be checking every file seperately instead of downloading a list and checking against that like most of them.

I like the art style but the gameplay doesn't feel rewarding at all as others have gone into.

And that it wants admin access is kind of...no, I'm not doing that again.

Good luck with the game, I hope I have a chance to see it again later.
About the launcher.. it's takes some time because if you know Ren'Py you familiar with archive.rpa, and if that's changed it has to overwrite, and that takes a few minutes. Same situation with images (other .rpa). (that not includes the whole games just adds up a few Megabytes to the existing archives, it's the overwrite that takes time) Also the patch-server is in Hungary, so that explain why your download is slow.