Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Hillside - Music/Walkthrough/Cheating/Gallery Mod [v0.15] [KoGa3]

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Huh, didn't know Rebirth had their own music tracks. Maybe because I like your choices so much, never bothered to check. Anyways, hopefully you decide to do either the first one, which is giving the choice of which music to play, or the second one, walkthrough and cheat only. I'll be good with either one to be honest, but if I was to make a preference, I'll say the music included, as like with Rebirth, I like your choice of music too. ;)
Yeah, there are a few ones where I do the "alternative music" integration. Eg. in Guilty Pleasure or The taming of the brat I did that when the devs added music later to the games. Rebirth had it from the beginning, but there it's, well, kinda basic (the same five tracks for all episodes).

Regarding Hillside: Knowing me, I probably can't resist the temptation to update my Mod to v0.11. But again, this only postpones my "big decision" for the Mod future to the next update...

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hi. Yes, I have already seen it. And after a quick look for me, unfortunately, the "worst case" has arrived: This update has no music integration from BD (the developer) yet. So I assume that it has been postponed to a later release because of the health issues he had. But anyway, the game code has now changed in almost all "old" parts (the Achievements are redone). So even to "only" update my Mod to v0.11, I'd have to rework that now as well - and then the whole game again later when the original music would be integrated. Double work for something I even don't know if I should continue. Oh my...

Well, I'm at work now. Unfortunately I've extra hours this week, so I'm not sure I can have a closer look at it before the weekend, but I will try.
Maybe it would be a good time to contact the dev so you could make your codes for the music part compatible together. Personally i never played any adult game unmuted, mostly because i play most of them at work or while watching series or doing other things at the same time. However, i like the WT part very much and would like it to continue, but if you need to redo most of it anyway you could as well work with the dev so everyone could profit from it, including us common folks ^^

Reactions: Yenod

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Whoa, quite some responses! :oops:

As said, I will try to have a look at it later today after work how much work for me is the Mod update to v0.11. And as also said above I will most likely do the update, at least for this release (when there are not to much big changes in the old parts). But I don't have an ETA for it for now, hopefully soon/the next days.

Edit: checked it again, the changes in the old parts are doable. So there will be a Mod update. Will see if I can start it today after work. Since there's already someone else doing a WT only Mod I maybe concentrate only on my "full" Mod with the music. Also if I can't finish it today I make at least a patch so you can use my old Mod for the new game release.

Edit2: finished the Mod update with mostly all functions. Only the RePlay for EP11 is missing/to be done, I add them later when I have a bit more time (probably at the weekend).

Last edited:

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Dunno maybe you should ask in the main thread rather than here where (presumably) people are waiting for the mod before playing and therefore don't know about it
Sorry I messed up here o_Oapologies.
post now deleted

Reactions: keklolxk

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
But anyway, the game code has now changed in almost all "old" parts (the Achievements are redone). So even to "only" update my Mod to v0.11, I'd have to rework that now as well - and then the whole game again later when the original music would be integrated. Double work for something I even don't know if I should continue. Oh my...
Well, I guess that explains the issue I'm having. I've been using your mod up to 0.10, but the latest update just won't let me load any and all of my old saves, event tried all of the auto-saved ones but every single one of them fails with the message that it couldn't find a place to stop rolling back...

Frankly at this point I'm not even bothered by such things anymore, the game wasn't that captivating to begin with and I simply cba to speedrun through it from scratch, given that up a long ago as I've got too much other things going on. Which means that I've come to the same decision you're probably going to face anyways but later and just given up on this one. Keep up the great work you're doing with the other games though, especially with Rebirth (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: KoGa3

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Well, I guess that explains the issue I'm having. I've been using your mod up to 0.10, but the latest update just won't let me load any and all of my old saves, event tried all of the auto-saved ones but every single one of them fails with the message that it couldn't find a place to stop rolling back...

Frankly at this point I'm not even bothered by such things anymore, the game wasn't that captivating to begin with and I simply cba to speedrun through it from scratch, given that up a long ago as I've got too much other things going on. Which means that I've come to the same decision you're probably going to face anyways but later and just given up on this one. Keep up the great work you're doing with the other games though, especially with Rebirth (y)
Hi. Sorry to hear that all your saves are broken. I'm not sure why's that in your case, because even there where these changes in the old parts my saves still worked. Strange. Well, unfortunately there can be many reasons for that, including my Mod. If you still want to try here a save from a bit before v0.11 starts.

Well, Hillside is special. For me actually like Rebirth. Both are story driven games with some adult content, not the other way around (ok, Rebirth have at least a few more already...). I still like both games much, that's why I struggle here with the maybe upcoming orig. music and my Mod. If I wouldn't like Hillside I probably would have already stopped doing updates with v0.10. Well, I unfortunately still have to face my Mod rework decision probably again with one of the following game updates...

Thanks that you like my work. I'll try my best to keep up.

Last edited:

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Short note:
I've added the missing EP11 scenes to RePlay. So far it's a Mod patch, install it after the game AND my Mod v0.11! (Edit: integrated it into the Mod) I also made a small change at the end of EP11 in the main game, too - I couldn't resist to add a sound effect there ;)

Downloads on the first page here

Hillside_09.jpg

Last edited:

shrillbill

Jan 15, 2022
LOVE that you post when the game is updated that you are aware of that fact, that's always appreciated.

If I recall correctly, you can choose between the sister and the rando model. Does the walkthrough have a built in preference, or will I be able to tell the walkthrough which route I want?

I guess the real question is, is the walkthrough modular where the player can choose which path to be on, light, dark, this girl, that girl, etc., or it is purely a single path as recommended by the modder?

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Short note:
I had a small brake at work and did a quick compatibility patch for my Mod to work with the new game version v0.12/EP12. So far I already integrated the WT hints and updated the cheat variables, but it's not fully testet from me so far.

Still missing: the new RePlay entries, the Android port and of course the music ends with v0.11/EP11 for now. As said on my main page I will probably start that tomorrow and hopefully can finish that then, too. Well, time to go back to work...

Mod compatibility patch (4MB)
(install the main game v0.12 and the Mod v0.11 first)
MediaFire
(removed the outdated link/KoGa3)

Last edited:

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Short note:
I had a small brake at work and did a quick compatibility patch for my Mod to work with the new game version v0.12/EP12. So far I already integrated the WT hints and updated the cheat variables, but it's not fully testet from me so far.

Still missing: the new RePlay entries, the Android port and of course the music ends with v0.11/EP11 for now. As said on my main page I will probably start that tomorrow and hopefully can finish that then, too. Well, time to go back to work...

love your work
but I'll wait for the audio one as well :D

detox

Donor
May 6, 2017
I was going to say "this time he is not so fast", but i failed because once again you are fast!
Thanks KoGa3

Reactions: botc76

neron86

Mar 5, 2017
Short note:

Only as info the Files are for "Teacher's Harem"