4.30 star(s) 253 Votes

Jasonfrans

May 28, 2020
Hopefully this is not going to much offtopic here...

Well, it seems that games with MC as a kind of bodyguard are not that often here on F95. Besides the two "real ones" Hillside/Lexi, there are The Deluca Family (was already recommended) and maybe Alexandra.

If it's for a good story/character developement I can recommend some of the games I make Mods for (I mostly also prefer a good story over a quick fap), for example Halfway House, Intertwined, Rebirth, STWA - The Author, Defending Lydia Collier and so on.
Thanks btw

May 27, 2017
I usually play adult games with 1 hand ;), and I tend to stay away from story heavy games (for obvious 1 handed reasons :p), but I'm glad I tried this VN even if it was just for the visuals. This is one of the first times where a story driven experience left me craving for more.

Hillside has a believable premise, realistic characters and a decent protagonist. Emma is a precious angel, Charlotte is a strong, independent mother who has lived through something which no woman should go through, Lucy is a naughty little minx who hides her vulnerability and grief by putting up a lewd front. Haven't seen enough of the other characters, but they are all well written.

The plot thickens as the story unravels, some characters are yet to show their true faces, MC's story is connected to the current situation. I have a feeling that side characters will have a bigger role to play, or are already behind some of the events. The Detective might be dirty, Emma's father has some role to play (there's a reason he hasn't been brought up yet, him leaving is what started the snowball of pain) David is probably bullying Emma via texts (to lower her self-esteem, so he can get with her), Zak already has a playboy reputation so he can't be behind the bullying, unless he has some connection to Emma and her family, and there are likely multiple stalkers, or he's not working alone/ for someone.

I honestly can't wait to play more of this underrated gem, 27th Feb couldn't come any sooner. Congratulations DarkBlue and
HillsideVN, hats off to you. You've done a bang-up job creating a competent story and endearing characters. I wish you nothing but the best! I hope you never run out of creative juices, and are able to find happiness, fulfilment and success. :D

Last edited:

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017

Unlocked

Motivated by a comment left by Pax, I rendered a quick animation test.
[The animation is stock and not created by me.]

Right click on the YouTube video and click on "Loop" to loop the playback. Unfortunately, it pauses at the end so playback isn't smooth.
It seems to play better on Vimeo :

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

Unlocked

Motivated by a comment left by Pax, I rendered a quick animation test.
[The animation is stock and not created by me.]

Right click on the YouTube video and click on "Loop" to loop the playback. Unfortunately, it pauses at the end so playback isn't smooth.
It seems to play better on Vimeo :

Love the girl, the dress, the bouncing and all that

But the way she moves really does not seen to fit Emma. Too much "power" for such a shy, low self esteem girl. How to say it, that way of walking seems to say "I own the world and I know it".

I can't seem to figure out what it is. Too much hip, maybe? I imagine Emma walking less "sexy" and more subtle.

And this is another example of how we can all be critics about anything.

Last edited:

Blake45666

Aug 31, 2020
Love the girl, the dress, the bouncing and all that

But the way she moves really does not seen to fit Emma. Too much "power" for such a shy, low self esteem girl. How to say it, that way of walking seems to say "I own the world and I know it".

I can't seem to figure out what it is. Too much hip, maybe? I imagine Emma walking less "sexy" and more subtle.

And this is another example of how we can all be critics about anything.
i agree, it's really well done but doesn't quite fit the personality

also as a side-note, i love the Lovecraft reference in your signature (just had to say that) :LOL:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
i agree, it's really well done but doesn't quite fit the personality

also as a side-note, i love the Lovecraft reference in your signature (just had to say that) :LOL:
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

For the sake of honesty, I have not read a single book from him. But I have read and played a lot of stuff in Lovecraftian settings.. Including the great southpark episode Coon and Friends, haha seriously if you like Lovecraft go play Demonbane. Great VN in Lovecraft world.

Reactions: Blake45666

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

For the sake of honesty, I have not read a single book from him. But I have read and played a lot of stuff in Lovecraftian settings.. Including the great southpark episode Coon and Friends, haha seriously if you like Lovecraft go play Demonbane. Great VN in Lovecraft world.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Lovecraft is my favorite!

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
I just want to say this game is amazing :love:. I've fallen in love with Emma at first sight. She is so sweet and innocent. I hope she will get over that Zack boy and we get some progress with Emma soon because right now it looks like she only see MC as her dad. I can be patient but if it take too long maybe Kayla will do, she look amazing in that dress:rolleyes:
There is a decent amount of content and not 2h like someone said. It took me 5h to finish. Maybe I'm a slow reader because english is not my native language and I keep pause every now and then/hide the ui to admiring Emma:love:
My only concern is I hope that the author won't turn this into a harem games where you go fuck/corrupt every girl. I absolutely hate that. So far there are not many choice but I was able to reject Lucy but I'm not sure it will stay that way in future update.
Btw. Is there any other similar game like this. I need something to help fill the void while waiting for the next update. Games with cute and innocent girl like Emma and a mature MC, not necessary to be a bodyguard. I already played The Deluca Family, Alexandra and all the games mentioned above.

Last edited:

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
I just want to say this game is amazing :love:. I've fallen in love with Emma at first sight. She is so sweet and innocent. I hope she will get over that Zack boy and we get some progress with Emma soon because right now it looks like she only view MC as her dad. I can be patient but if it take too long maybe Kayla will do, she look amazing in that dress:rolleyes:
There is a decent amount of content and not 2h like someone said. It took me 5h to finish. Maybe I'm a slow reader because english is not my native language and I keep pause every now and then/hide the ui to admiring Emma:love:
My only concern is I hope that the author won't turn this into a harem games where you go fuck/corrupt every girl. I absolutely hate that. So far there are not many choice but I was able to reject Lucy but I'm not sure it will stay that way in future update.
Btw. Is there any other similar game like this. I need something to help fill the void while waiting for the next update. Games with cute and innocent girl like Emma and a mature MC, not necessary to be a bodyguard. I already played The Deluca Family, Alexandra and all the games mentioned above.
A man who enjoys quality. Nice! And this won't be a harem game. Don't worry c:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I just want to say this game is amazing :love:. I've fallen in love with Emma at first sight. She is so sweet and innocent. I hope she will get over that Zack boy and we get some progress with Emma soon because right now it looks like she only view MC as her dad. I can be patient but if it take too long maybe Kayla will do, she look amazing in that dress:rolleyes:
Glad you liked it. I was sure it was going to be the case.

Told ya you were going to pick Emma as best girl. Unfortunately for you, I have already said I will kill Zach for getting in the middle between my baby girl and me and I will do the same to you unless you understand that Emma is not for you.. Not because I get jealous, but because I can tell you are a danger to my baby..

If you haven't played it yet, Oath of Loyalty is really, really good, Rebirth is fantastic and while totally different in style, you cannot go wrong with Once in a lifetime, which is hilarious. That should keep you busy and out of reach from Emma, you potentially dangerous stalker. I am more than enough for that role.

Last edited:

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Game Compressor
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
Games with cute and innocent girl like Emma and a mature MC, not necessary to be a bodyguard. I already played The Deluca Family, Alexandra and all the games mentioned above.
From the top of my mind Lexi had something like that, but it unfortunately never got finished, Dating my daughter, Parental Love, Ecchi Sensei has that with some of the characters,

Chronos169

Jul 14, 2020

Told ya you were going to pick Emma as best girl. Unfortunately for you, I have already said I will kill Zach for getting in the middle between my baby girl and me and I will do the same to you unless you understand that Emma is not for you.. Not because I get jealous, but because I can tell you are a danger to my baby..

If you haven't played it yet, Oath of Loyalty is really, really good, Rebirth is fantastic and while totally different in style, you cannot go wrong with Once in a lifetime, which is hilarious. That should keep you busy and out of reach from Emma, you potentially dangerous stalker. I am more than enough for that role.

Pheeew i am safe, bc i am still in #Team Charlotte...
Wait.....what.... 6pak2go and SpikeZg why are you pointing a Gun at me????

Walnutt

Jan 14, 2021
Ayyye you played it, nice! Glad you liked it! Definitely one of the top tier VNs out right now. I'd argue that she sees MC as a little bit more than as a dad. She did wear that pink nightie for him ;)

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017

Should I be scared? Now that I think about it. I did take a lot screenshots of Emma. Maybe I'm the stalker? :devilish:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks. I'm gonna try Oath of Loyalty. I have been hold off on Rebirth because from what I heard there is no lewd content yet. I don't mind slow burn and no lewd content but there should as least be some progress with your LI. Like a kiss to look forward too and from what I heard there is none, unless you count sucking blood is romantic

From the top of my mind Lexi had something like that, but it unfortunately never got finished, Dating my daughter, Parental Love, Ecchi Sensei has that with some of the characters,
Thank you. unfortunately Lexi is abandoned as you said. I don't like illusion graphics so ecchi sensei is a nope. Already play the other two.
Life with Mary immediately came to mind.
Possibly also:
Thank you. I'm gonna check out Avalon and Young Again. I already play everything else except.....Light of my Life? I hope you're not serious when suggesting me that game:oops:

Don't worry guys. I'm only interested in Emma and maybe Kayla. Charlotte and Lucy will be safe, probably.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Walnutt

Walnutt

Jan 14, 2021
Should I be scared? Now that I think about it. I did take a lot screenshots of Emma. Maybe I'm the stalker? :devilish:
Thanks. I'm gonna try Oath of Loyalty. I have been hold off on Rebirth because from what I heard there is no lewd content yet. I don't mind slow burn and no lewd content but there should as least be some progress with your LI. Like a kiss to look forward too and from what I heard there is none, unless you count sucking blood is romantic

Thank you. unfortunately Lexi is abandoned as you said. I don't like illusion graphics so ecchi sensei is a nope. Already play the other two.

Thank you. I'm gonna check out Avalon and Young Again. I already play everything else except.....Light of my Life? I hope you're not serious when suggesting me that game:oops:
I might've missed it if someone recommended it to you, but Melody is a really good game with a mature MC / young LI. Plus, it's one of the few quality AVNs that are actually completed and won't leave you blue-balled

4.30 star(s) 253 Votes