RPGM None [Hiromon SLG -Mysterious Demon and Trainer] [Renglets]

Cendarn

Aug 13, 2018
Currently translating manually the menu of the latest version (1.04). Have a few hiccup to learn how the code work to iron out bug and fit the text in boxes. After that it can be smooth sailing. Unfortunately because translator++ sill can't read Comment I have to mix translating with Translator++ and RPG Maker MV which take much more time.
Checking in to ask if this translation is still in the works. Don't mean to rush you, pressure you to do it or anything. Happy to wait as long as it takes if it's still in progress. Just asking to see if I should play it now or if there's a translation to wait for, for the best experience.

kid123

Jul 22, 2017
Checking in to ask if this translation is still in the works. Don't mean to rush you, pressure you to do it or anything. Happy to wait as long as it takes if it's still in progress. Just asking to see if I should play it now or if there's a translation to wait for, for the best experience.
Get sidestracked with other game and lose will to do because I dislike NTR lol.

EDIT : Ah well, I guess I will share the translation so far.

Last edited:

Cendarn

Aug 13, 2018
Get sidestracked with other game and lose will to do because I dislike NTR lol.

EDIT : Ah well, I guess I will share the translation so far.
Oh wow, wasn't expecting the link. Thanks very much for your work! And yeah, no worries if you don't feel like continuing it. I still greatly appreciate the partial translation!

Teron

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2017
All the links provided so far in both threads are partially or fully MTL links it seems?

Does anyone have a link for the latest version, untranslated?
If so, I will have a look at this one.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Cendarn

Cendarn

Aug 13, 2018
All the links provided so far in both threads are partially or fully MTL links it seems?

Does anyone have a link for the latest version, untranslated?
If so, I will have a look at this one.
Well that's a surprising and welcome development, but sure, I'll pitch in for the cause.

Reactions: changeling

Teron

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2017
Meh.. I posted earlier but there was a bug in the translation that somehow snuck in after I tested it previously. So I removed my post and thought I copied the contents to re-post later after fixing. Seems I didn't. :cautious:

The gist of it is.. It's mostly google translate due to Sugoi / Deepl limitations with how the dialog is structured. There is tons of content to be translated so google was used for speed, might go add better translations throughout another time.
Dev uses "\_" to add spaces in code, Japanese has no spaces.. so all the translations with spaces need additional "\_" added manually. Tried to write a regex script to do it but I'm too stupid so that didn't work.

Some untranslated stuff in the game, comments within RPGMaker MV that I don't have the time/patience to go through and edit at the moment. Not important stuff, just explains what some training does, what adventures are etc.. but they are all just stat boosts basically. Probably? :ROFLMAO:

Eh.. anyway, all of the dialog should be translated to some semi-readable English. MV cheat menu added, press 1 to activate. Word wrapping active for dialog. Let me know if it's stable, had no crashes or anything when testing this build.

edit: One glass of wine later and I decided to edit the comments in the json to fix the Japanese text on stuff like adventures, skills, training etc. New version uploaded.

edit2: Well.. I seem to have converted the game to the trial version when translating.. that's odd. Not sure how that happened... editedit: I see the variables for this but no idea why it broke, out for today but I'll sort this tomorrow morning and upload a new version.

Last edited:

bobbot

May 10, 2018
Meh.. I posted earlier but there was a bug in the translation that somehow snuck in after I tested it previously. So I removed my post and thought I copied the contents to re-post later after fixing. Seems I didn't. :cautious:

The gist of it is.. It's mostly google translate due to Sugoi / Deepl limitations with how the dialog is structured. There is tons of content to be translated so google was used for speed, might go add better translations throughout another time.
Dev uses "\_" to add spaces in code, Japanese has no spaces.. so all the translations with spaces need additional "\_" added manually. Tried to write a regex script to do it but I'm too stupid so that didn't work.

Some untranslated stuff in the game, comments within RPGMaker MV that I don't have the time/patience to go through and edit at the moment. Not important stuff, just explains what some training does, what adventures are etc.. but they are all just stat boosts basically. Probably? :ROFLMAO:

Eh.. anyway, all of the dialog should be translated to some semi-readable English. MV cheat menu added, press 1 to activate. Word wrapping active for dialog. Let me know if it's stable, had no crashes or anything when testing this build.

edit: One glass of wine later and I decided to edit the comments in the json to fix the Japanese text on stuff like adventures, skills, training etc. New version uploaded.

edit2: Well.. I seem to have converted the game to the trial version when translating.. that's odd. Not sure how that happened... editedit: I see the variables for this but no idea why it broke, out for today but I'll sort this tomorrow morning and upload a new version.
thank you for this

Cendarn

Aug 13, 2018

It might not be a perfect translation, but it's a hell of a lot more than what we had before. Can at least now get a pretty good idea of what most of the dialogue is supposed to be. 'Thanks very much for your efforts!

Reactions: Teron

Teron

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2017
OK, after some more digging the variables that determine whether or not it's the trial version get constantly updated. Not sure how I broke it to be honest but I've changed the script a bit so that it should never show as the trial version anymore. This should be compatible with save games as well. If you have already downloaded the game please download this and replace all the files in your data folder with the files in this one.

Extract contents into your www folder, this will replace all the files in www/data/
Data fix:

If you haven't, here is the latest version with the fix included:

edit: I found what breaks it. Translating this field in common events: ヒロモンの特性
So now that I know that, I can translate more stuff in the game without having to worry about breaking it again :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

FakerLover73

Aug 15, 2021
OK, after some more digging the variables that determine whether or not it's the trial version get constantly updated. Not sure how I broke it to be honest but I've changed the script a bit so that it should never show as the trial version anymore. This should be compatible with save games as well. If you have already downloaded the game please download this and replace all the files in your data folder with the files in this one.

Extract contents into your www folder, this will replace all the files in www/data/
Data fix:

If you haven't, here is the latest version with the fix included:

edit: I found what breaks it. Translating this field in common events: ヒロモンの特性
So now that I know that, I can translate more stuff in the game without having to worry about breaking it again :ROFLMAO:
Thank you for putting in the work for us. Great stuff ur doing.

bobbot

May 10, 2018
not sure if im doing anything wrong stats are not raising at all save love and serriousness

Cendarn

Aug 13, 2018
not sure if im doing anything wrong stats are not raising at all save love and serriousness
There is a difficulty level option when you start a new game, selecting Yes will put a limit on the growth of your stats while selecting No will allow you to raise them as much as you like.

bobbot

May 10, 2018
There is a difficulty level option when you start a new game, selecting Yes will put a limit on the growth of your stats while selecting No will allow you to raise them as much as you like.
just made a new file in case but regardless of what i select its the same wonder if its some kind of anti tamper or cheat

Teron

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2017
just made a new file in case but regardless of what i select its the same wonder if its some kind of anti tamper or cheat
Just tested this and indeed it seems when you successfully complete training, the stats don't actually go up. Will have a look into it.

Edit: The code that updates it checks specifically for the Japanese text for the skill, that's annoying. This data folder will fix it, just extract into your www folder. The well in the training base should also be enabled for cheats as well, they are built into the game but you need to finish it first to unlock it.. so I changed that.

Last edited:

bobbot

May 10, 2018
... sorry about this but something else decided to break now, the circles dont work anymore to move to town thankfully there is a menu to move to town locations but thought i should mention it

Reactions: Teron

Teron

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2017
... sorry about this but something else decided to break now, the circles dont work anymore to move to town thankfully there is a menu to move to town locations but thought i should mention it
Thanks for letting me know, I translated some fields that I already knew I'm not supposed to. Should be fixed now, data file in my previous links has been updated as well as the full game link.