DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
And with the 0.7.2 patch, the error starts already when you load a previous save, and then all the time. For me, there hasn't been any update really.
Well you certainly got that part right.
For you there has not been any update.

Darwin-15.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Holiday Island 0.1.7.0

You post an 1.7.0 for something fixed in 1.7.1.

And while I try to avoid being rude, you did whine and spammed a second post on it not adding anything constructive.
Which is one of those situations that lead Bantry to run the "reading is hard" post.

---------

Okay, so are there any bugs related to Heaters in a fresh install 1.7.2?
Spending some testing on said fresh install 1.7.2 showed that yes, there is actually at least 1 bug for Heathers event.

- Loading a 1.6.2 game directly into Heaters event produced an error

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Use Windows ! Hahahahahahaaarggghhhh
Yeah, I got nothing to help you beside that shaming OS jab.

Last edited:

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Use Windows ! Hahahahahahaaarggghhhh
If thats my windows you refer to then : Yes Yes, I know, Legacy systems tend to distress later generations and what not :) Complementary comfort cookies for everybody!

Being an old IT guy, I can offer several remedies to restore mental calm to those suffering from software microaggressions,

- I can load up my old Unix and comment on Linux being a low effort knock off if that helps?
- Or maybe if Apple, ponder the dilemma of the average consumer being a pro-everything, yet still buying human misery chinese sweatshop bamboo
- Heck I can even pull out an centOS and Redhat and start a two way conversation, where the Redhat calls the centOS a cheap skate freeloader.

I should probably also recycle some boxes and disks now and then.
Heck I probably have an 85mb WD with bad blocks somewhere still.

:p

Last edited:

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Rather dislike messing with game variables, but since it is a bug that has cost you it,
This will fix it.

aly.add_event_seen("Arrival_planegirl")

This said, I do believe we need to prepare for not getting all achievements in a run.
Holiday Island was intended to run 3 months as Joy states in the intro.

But since we currently are in the development phase no enddate ingame exists.

Darkhound has been very nice about adding things in a way that allows us to use infinite time to grab all achievements.

So people have come to expect that they can get all of them and not being able to being a bug or unintended.

That is as Darkhound has already stated not the case.
Ultimately some choices can exclude other choices.
Thanks for the fix.
Just curious, are there any known exclusions right now or is Darkhound just planning to do that?

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
@duckswimming lol , not at all, it was just a poor joke about the guy getting an error on Darwin OS :)
Don't pay attention, my humor is improbable and my jokes random :)

Edit : and as one of the most insightful guy on this thread, I would have treated you with a witter reply than "use Windows hahahahahah" :)

Last edited:

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
@duckswimming lol , not at all, it was just a poor joke about the guy getting an error on Darwin OS :)
Don't pay attention, my humor is improbable and my jokes random :)
Damn, so I wasted a-material on something that was not even to me. doh :D

@zapallbugs We only know what Darkhound has indicated in various contexts. Which is exclusions are neither planned nor ruled out. It'll happen as best fits the vision for the game and its implementation into code. (no other exclusion is currently known nor announced)

Last edited:

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
How come your guide doesn't explain how to start the semen vial doctor quest or whatever that is?

OMG, all you're supposed to do is left click the doctor.

The game should emphasize this. I played for hours without doing this. So stupid. No way I'm going to sub to this patreon. The game needs a in game guide & tutorial.
His guide is basically 39 pages of filler and telling you to not play the game. Not sure why they even bothered sticking that shit in the first page.

witteb

May 3, 2019
So since v1.7.0 I've encountered some problems:
1) i can't acces the new twins locations(the guard and the rescue tower) since they arrived in the island.
2) i can't acces the characters from the phone.With this exception:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
His guide is basically 39 pages of filler and telling you to not play the game. Not sure why they even bothered sticking that shit in the first page.
Only had to find a post created Jul 24, 2018 for an excuse to post that?
What's even more ironic is that the current Guide was only done this year (2019), so the one referenced in the above post hasn't been linked on the first page for over six months.

TeamHentaiX

The Dark Side loves Da Booty + Naughty OoOooo
Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
mmm still in beta, well im still gonna wait patiently, may check it out tonight just to see what is different :)

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
OK I tried searching but after much digging around I couldn't find any mention of this issue. I can't seem to "look closely" at Jessica when walking on the beach. It says it's supposed to be an automatic action but nothing seems to happen. Any help would be appreciated.

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
save plssss
GUIDE (Walkthrough)
Holiday Island Guide and FAQ

Can someone share their ‘Save’ with me?

Supposedly that is possible, but are you really that lazy? You already have this guide and FAQ, hints for all the achievements, a means to cheat, you can see all the CG’s. What more do you need? Better yet, why did you even download the game if you are not going to play it?
To add to this, I took a quick look at your post history, and I discovered that OVER 2/3RDS OF YOUR POSTS ARE EITHER PITIFULLY BEGGING FOR SAVES OR THAT YOU 'DELETED MY SAVES', GIMME YOUR SAVES'.

Don't be such a lazy fuck.

Reactions: Bantry

MisterPervy

Feb 1, 2018
How do I buy a deck of cards on the phone? I don't see a store or anything saying "buy cards" or whatever. Could anyone tell me how? Thanks!

jikorde

Mar 4, 2018

Has a save to every scene, redone so you don't get the new girl pop up for any of them. Rename the complete saves to get a full phone for this version or .1.6.2.

Shower scenes were cool. If anyone has any issues with the new pool stuff, try switching their swimsuits. Not every suit seemed to work for every shot.

4.00 star(s) 210 Votes