Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Deadshot1984

Key questions: Was Eva in her Skimpy Bikini? Did she tell you that her breasts were implants? Did you check your phone to see if the quest had truly begun?

From my FAQ (Spoilers!):

82) How do I start the quest to find out about Eva's breasts? How do I finish it? How do I get Eva's reward date in my room? Is the reward date repeatable?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018

YouTube is your friend. If you start binge watching now, you should be able to make it through all 3 seasons before the release of 0.2.1.0.
norb82
You guys should both watch Sinners in Paradise on Youtube. Only takes 70+ minutes. A lot more lethal than Gilligan, but the same idea of a mix of classes who need to work if they want to survive. Only a lot of people can't, and some die.
Many episodes of Lost are good, but ultimately the Truth Wasn't Out There.

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
norb82
You guys should both watch Sinners in Paradise on Youtube. Only takes 70+ minutes. A lot more lethal than Gilligan, but the same idea of a mix of classes who need to work if they want to survive. Only a lot of people can't, and some die.
Many episodes of Lost are good, but ultimately the Truth Wasn't Out There.
Thank you for the recommendation!

here is the Gilligan episode of Baywatch, the only one I heard about Gilligan before :) (yes, I am the "Baywatch-generation" :D )

Reactions: Puppet Master

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Well, since we had that discussion about balls size...
I have redone the snooker renders. The balls are in different colors now and smaller.

Since the ball size has to be consistent in the game, I had to adjust the guy as well... :p
All ball sizes reduced by about 40%.

...Just kidding...
When Amy said she was going to pocket our balls ... bit worried in all honesty

And that she'd grip her own wood to knock the balls around with?
Walked with my back to a wall for a week ...

Also I may have fainted when she explained the color the balls would have :eek:

So I am just relieved it turned out to be snooker ;)

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
I hope Jennifer will explain how to play snooker because outside of ball size, I know nothing about the game.
I cannot imagine Darkhound will implement a physical snooker game inside Holiday Island.
(but maybe thats' just my imagination being too limited :) )

Snooker is a realworld resource and have oceans of good guides, here you go

(5min duration, 800k views, 100k subscribers)

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
They play Darts in bars. There's already an Android game. Just a little modification to adapt it to HI.

Reactions: Henry73au

Deadshot1984

Mar 20, 2020
Deadshot1984

Key questions: Was Eva in her Skimpy Bikini? Did she tell you that her breasts were implants? Did you check your phone to see if the quest had truly begun?

From my FAQ (Spoilers!):

82) How do I start the quest to find out about Eva's breasts? How do I finish it? How do I get Eva's reward date in my room? Is the reward date repeatable?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This "You will then be bold enough to talk to her about how her breasts got so big. She will tell you that her former boyfriend's rich father paid for the operations, but it was Joy who fixed everything so that her breasts are actually natural." didn't happen when she came to visit. :/

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
This "You will then be bold enough to talk to her about how her breasts got so big. She will tell you that her former boyfriend's rich father paid for the operations, but it was Joy who fixed everything so that her breasts are actually natural." didn't happen when she came to visit. :/
When you originally walked with her on the beach did she tell you about wanting to have big breasts and had operations to make that happen? Actually did that occur before you had her win one of the contests?

Reactions: Henry73au

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Deadshot1984

THIS: Does your phone say that Eva's quest has begun?
Answer this question first, then we can help.

Just walking on the beach with her may not start the quest.

If the quest isn't started, then
"You will then be bold enough to talk to her about how her breasts got so big. She will tell you that her former boyfriend's rich father paid for the operations, but it was Joy who fixed everything so that her breasts are actually natural." won't happen, even though Eva's reward date does.

Selek

Aug 1, 2019
The game gives the player too many points for using charm. Reading works fine, but there is never any need to read for charm after day 3 since you already have too many charm points from talking to the girls.
You could just require more charm points to get to the next level.
I agree, Charm is too easy to maximize. I haven't failed a charm check since the first week. I like the idea of requiring more charm points, or maybe provide 10 levels of charm, the same as strength and endurance. I might even suggest the same for hacking. Why just five levels? But then, I love the slow burn. I don't think of it as grinding; to me, it's slow progression.

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this, but I wonder if there should always be some small risk of failure, even at an ability's max, to increase tension in the game -- so long as the punishment for failure was minor. But even I'm not sure I'd like this idea, heh. Just spitballing.

• Angry
Reactions: Cloud9-Kojack

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I think that the second skill pick is a good idea since it gets the player started faster.
You once told me that advancement seemed too quick, but players don't like grinding.
Well, I'm not doing what players think I should do or what "should be done". I read suggestions and if I agree or just missed something and it's obvious, I change or adjust it.
In other cases I simply have a different opinion and that's it. No change will be done.
A lot of players also like incest, girls with small breasts, VNs, anal, ..., whatever
I didn't create this game to make everybody happy, not that it would be possible.

Every game that is not a VN has a certain amount of what everyone calls "grind". It's part of the game mechanics. Personally I can't stand VNs where you just mindlessly click your left mouse button until you see something you like.
For me, advancing stats to get more achievements (or better ones) is not "grind". It's just part of the game. Having to talk 20 times to a girl to advance affection/love is not ideal. I know that and it will change over time (it already is different for Amy). With Amy the game feels very different already in that regard.

I have lowered the probability to advance charm whenever a charm check is done from 100% to 25%.
I have to say, you probabliy spend a lot more time playing the game than I did. Maybe I should give it another complete playthrough to get a better feeling for balacing, advancements and frustration level :)

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.2.1 beta - development news (updated 10. May 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.2.1 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.​
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.​
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.0.0 release.​
The next release is 0.2.1.0 beta which will be a full update for Windows, Mac and Android.
It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.0.0 to 0.2.1.0 has:
406 additional renders, videos or sound files
27 updated renders (Yumiko poker, Heather poker, Desire sexting)

New features and content
  • Desire will get the "heat" scene after the hotshots game --> still working on it
  • Amy gets a very much improved scene on the plane, that is an achievement now as well --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • The game intro scene with Joy will be greatly improved. You will get preview images for all the girls and some personal information as well. In addition, for every choice (like breast size, etc.) the matching girls will be displayed --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • The main screen gets a really cool new intro video (made by a good friend) --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Faye will get a beach pose scene in the evening when the sun sets with three achievements --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets an "apology event" for the way she treated the MC during the second arrival scene --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a second arrival scene with two achievements --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Yvette and Faye get a scene at the pool wearing the same bikini model --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a "Desires and Wishes" quest to obtain the "sexy nurse" outfit --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a second poker reward scene --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a poker reward scene --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • The "companion mod for Holiday island": gets a bigger update and will be available on my Patreon page together with 0.2.1 as a separate download --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets the nightbar drink scene at the (standing at the bar) in the new outfit (two achievements) --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a new "sexy nurse" outfit for the evening (basic renders) --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yumiko gets a poker reward scene --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Desire will get the hotshots game scene in the nightbar --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yumiko gets an improved poker appointment with new renders and text --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Eva will get the "heat" scene after the hotshots game --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Eva will get the hotshots game scene in the nightbar --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yvette gets a package of scenes in the sauna (4 achievements) with several animations --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Mercedes gets a short scene in front of the sauna --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yumiko can participate in the Wet-T contest now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Mercedes can participate in the Wet-T contest now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • The sauna will be available as a regular location you can go to --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets an improved poker appointment with new renders and text --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • The player gets an additional "perk" pick now. In addition to the old primary pick (strength, endurance, etc.), there is now a secondary pick as well, that will give half the bonus of the primary pick (this should make the game start easier) --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Eva gets three new sexting images (context related) and all her old sexting images will be upgraded to double resolution webp format --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Possibility to display an image on the phone during a scene/even has been added --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Possibility to receive message and display them during a scene/even has been added --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a context related sexting image and a new dream image --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • After day 15 if you have at least 5 blue pills, you can exchange them against a pill of one of the other colors --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Hovering the mouse over Jennifer at the gym or the bartender in the night bar will show their stats now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Brenda's photo studio appointment is repeatable now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Desire's sexting images have been upgraded to 2560x1440 webp format and 4 new ones have been added --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Image quality of "wall images" in new player room has been greatly improved --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Hotshots now supports images in 2560x1440 size in addition to the old 1920x1080 image size --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • You will have twice the number of save game slots now. A scroll bar has been added to each "save page" --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
Bug fixes
  • Weight change event with Faye lead to a crash when Faye was not on the island --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • In the morning between 9 am and 10 am, the receptionist or room service girl was also at the beach --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • The new posing interface had some image sizing and text order inconsistencies --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • On some systems there are code conversion error with Renée during the update phase --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • If you missed an appointment from Joy's "Desires and Wishes" mailbox quest line, she will not send a new one and you can't get another one at reception --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • The weight lifting/bench presses workout did not increase the workout per week counter for some girls --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • If you missed the appointment to stay the night with Amy, she did not send a new one --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • Amy max love/affection quest line. There was a bug that could lead to a wrong quest sequence. You could do the arm wrestling before the massage, screwing up the quest line --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0

Is the update going to break save games?

0.2.1.0 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:

0.2.1.0 beta --> no idea yet

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
While you all work out what ball size is good, and how to play Darts...

Me and Natalia went to the beach (social distancing of course ;) )
We had a game of water pistols (aka super soaker)...

0011-01.jpg 0011-02.jpg

I did get a bit jealous of the inflatable crocodile getting her attention...or is it an alligator :unsure:

0011-15.jpg

But he got a bit deflated, so we took a walk along the beach...

0011-12.jpg

Went to see Yumiko at the Beach Tikki Bar for a nice cold drink...

0011-06.jpg

I have to say it was a good day... but then I woke up to find I had been asleep on the sofa in the UK on a wet and windy Sunday :sleep::rolleyes:

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 213 Votes