faptainhook69

Apr 21, 2020
Holiday Island 0.2.1.0 beta has been released

Hello guys and gals,

pre beta testing for 0.2.1.0 has been finished and it's now available for everyone.
The update from 0.2.0.0 to 0.2.1.0 has 498 new renders, videos and sound files and 29 updated renders.
Most of the new stuff is in ".webp" format and at least 1920x1080 resultion, which reduces space and increases image quality at the same time.

To see what's new, please check out the development news post for 0.2.1.0 beta
:

Save games from 0.0.8 alpha and later versions should still be working. Older saves are no longer supported.
!!!!! This is a new full version !!!!!
Please download the full 0.2.1.0 beta from these links (they are also on the main page):

Windows/Linux version:

Mega
OR
Google Drive

Mac version:
Mega
OR
Google Drive

Android version:
<compression is still running, after that, I have to complie it and do some tests before I can upload it, will take a couple of hours if there are no problems>

Please extract the files into a new folder! Do not overwrite the exising game folder from an older version (This information is for Windows, Linux and Mac)!

For all of you that get crashes as soon as you click on preferences or load, please manually add an empty text file in the HI sub folder "game".
Name the file: "use_fixed_resolution_720.txt"

What it will do is the following:
It will remove the resolution options and also the auto window scaling. After you have applied the patch, you will also be able to manually scale the game window again (e.g. maximizing it).

Happy playing!
Darkhound
Can't wait for android version haha!

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Just downloaded it and the extras to the intro are really nice. Now waiting on the mod update.
Give me some time. I'm still working on the android update. Finding good compression settings takes ages.
On my (really fast) PC, compressing the game with bas cruncher takes about 1 hour.
The default settings are not good for (my) webp images and for (small screen) android devices in general, so I have to experiment a bit.
- default audio bitrate is 32k, I tried that, but the sound is like from inside an old tin can after that, testing with 64k now
- default image compression for webp is 80, that's around what I use anyway (between 78 and 87), so images don't get smaller, they only look worse due to the recompression - not a good option either, running with 80 for png and jpg and 70 for webp now, to see how much size reduction that will give

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
Give me some time. I'm still working on the android update. Finding good compression settings takes ages.
On my (really fast) PC, compressing the game with bas cruncher takes about 1 hour.
The default settings are not good for (my) webp images and for (small screen) android devices in general, so I have to experiment a bit.
- default audio bitrate is 32k, I tried that, but the sound is like from inside an old tin can after that, testing with 64k now
- default image compression for webp is 80, that's around what I use anyway (between 78 and 87), so images don't get smaller, they only look worse due to the recompression - not a good option either, running with 80 for png and jpg and 70 for webp now, to see how much size reduction that will give
Oh no hurry take your time Dark. I'm using the guide. That intro screen rocks!!

Reactions: Puppet Master

valantis

Jul 13, 2017
It seems when i try loading any game while using nice_erotica mod the game gets me this error:

Anyone has a solution for this or the mod is not compatible anymore?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
  • Haha
Reactions: SiJa and yankeeInKy

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
It seems when i try loading any game while using nice_erotica mod the game gets me this error:

Anyone has a solution for this or the mod is not compatible anymore?
cause it's an outdated mod. Dark will update it soon.

SiJa

Feb 21, 2018
And so it begins...

The same questions get asked again, and again.
Everyone wanting the one format version not available yet (either Android or Mac)
"Full save" brigade asks will be back again.
" How can I cheat to get sex with..." will be asked again.

You have to love update time

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
And so it begins...

The same questions get asked again, and again.
Everyone wanting the one format version not available yet (either Android or Mac)
"Full save" brigade asks will be back again.
" How can I cheat to get sex with..." will be asked again.

You have to love update time

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
You forgot they want fries with their order lol.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Holiday Island 0.2.1.0 beta - Android version

OR

The android version includes the companion mod and the following quick fixes:
  • The scene with Heather in the MC's room after her second arrival scene does repeat 20 times --> please apply the quickfix file "events_player_room.rpyc" attached to this post to solve the problem --> the fix will also be part of 0.2.1.1
  • Scrolling through images for your player room can lead to a crash:
    Exception: Expected an image, but got a general displayable.
    The same can happen if you add a new image to your player room pictrue frames.
    Please apply quickfix file "gui_screens.rpyc" to solve the problem --> the fix will also be part of 0.2.1.1
  • In Heather's first arrival scene, the second image is not displayed. Instead you see a blank screen. You can apply quickfix file "events_arrival.rpyc" to fix this --> the fix will also be part of 0.2.1.1

Jan 21, 2018
Hmm not sure how to trigger heathers visit after the second arrival, says she needs 75 love, but that seems impossible to get since she loses about 40 love when i send her away, and gains no love from the second arrival scene. Have i messed up in some way?

Reactions: HawkCantfly

Jimonjo

Feb 5, 2018
How do we even get the airplane scenes without restarting the game? I cleared all the scenes except for Aly's one and it annoys me that it's still blank >_>.

superhyoga

Dec 6, 2017
Holiday Island 0.2.1.0 beta has been released

Hello guys and gals,

pre beta testing for 0.2.1.0 has been finished and it's now available for everyone.
The update from 0.2.0.0 to 0.2.1.0 has 498 new renders, videos and sound files and 29 updated renders.
Most of the new stuff is in ".webp" format and at least 1920x1080 resultion, which reduces space and increases image quality at the same time.

To see what's new, please check out the development news post for 0.2.1.0 beta
:

Save games from 0.0.8 alpha and later versions should still be working. Older saves are no longer supported.
!!!!! This is a new full version !!!!!
Please download the full 0.2.1.0 beta from these links (they are also on the main page):

Windows/Linux version:

Mega
OR
Google Drive

Mac version:
Mega
OR
Google Drive

Android version:
<compression is still running, after that, I have to complie it and do some tests before I can upload it, will take a couple of hours if there are no problems>

Please extract the files into a new folder! Do not overwrite the exising game folder from an older version (This information is for Windows, Linux and Mac)!

For all of you that get crashes as soon as you click on preferences or load, please manually add an empty text file in the HI sub folder "game".
Name the file: "use_fixed_resolution_720.txt"

What it will do is the following:
It will remove the resolution options and also the auto window scaling. After you have applied the patch, you will also be able to manually scale the game window again (e.g. maximizing it).

Happy playing!
Darkhound
Thanks for the game. It's one of my favorite games. I would like to know if you can publish a update patch. I am playing now the 0.2.0 and in other updates, you published an update patch smaller than download all the game.

Thanks for all. You're the best.

4.00 star(s) 208 Votes